Martin Montoya

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Look at first post made in this thread by Bojan:
Montoya had a decent match vs. Tenerife and appears to be Luis Enrique's safe choice on the right side of the defence. He played for Barcelona B in every match so far this season.

He was Lucho's favorite :lol:

F

Flavia

Look at first post made in this thread by Bojan:

He was Lucho's favorite :lol:

I read somewhere Lucho tried to take him to roma, but montoya refused. And that's the reason why Lucho hates him now :lol:
I can't take it seriously.

CatalinR10

I remember back when Tito was in charge , there was some news that Montoya isn't serious in trainings. After that news , Montoya didn't start a single match iirc , and then Tata didn't play him much , and now Lucho. I don't think it's Lucho's fault in this case.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I read somewhere Lucho tried to take him to roma, but montoya refused. And that's the reason why Lucho hates him now :lol:
I can't take it seriously.

Lucho did want to bring Montoya to Roma.... I am pretty sure if it were just down to Lucho, Montoya would be playing

F

Flavia

Lucho did want to bring Montoya to Roma.... I am pretty sure if it were just down to Lucho, Montoya would be playing

You're pretty wrong :p
Lucho didn't want Martin from the start. His fb's have to attack, Montoya is not that good at it. That's the only reason why lucho rates douglas higher.

psychotsek

This situation is really troubling.Lucho has to say sth about. I don't rate Montoya that high but we just can't keep treating squad players like that.

F

Flavia

This situation is really troubling.Lucho has to say sth about. I don't rate Montoya that high but we just can't keep treating squad players like that.

What else can Lucho say? He has said a lot about Martin, even apologized. But he doesn't count on him. And if it's true Lucho made it clear in the pre-season, we have zubi and co to thank for another demonstration of their incompetence.

Zangash

Banned
You're pretty wrong :p
Lucho didn't want Martin from the start. His fb's have to attack, Montoya is not that good at it. That's the only reason why lucho rates douglas higher.

For some reason when I read this I get the sense that Douglas is somehow a better attacker than Montoya.

As bad as Montoya is attacking-wise, he's still better than Mr. Backpass...

F

Flavia

For some reason when I read this I get the sense that Douglas is somehow a better attacker than Montoya.

Douglas spent his sao paulo days playing as a rm/rw. Just attacking, not defending, as he lacks all fundamentals. He can run, and his crosses are ok. I'm not sure he is a better attacker than Montoya, but he is attack minded.

anguy

Well, I just watched Douglas in Huesca game and he seems to have good speed, ball control and crossing - all better, than Montoya IMO. So yes, he seems to be better attacking-wise Maybe he'll learn how to defend after some time in Europe too...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Higher level in Europe than in Brazil. If he didn't learn to defend even at an okay level in Brazil then I won't have high hopes.

He wasn't a disaster in attack as you said, thought he was okay, but he ruins all that with his defending which would at times make Oleguer look like Maldini.

I

instinct

Última Hora | El Barça emitirá un comunicado a las 20:00 sobre el futuro de Martín Montoya. El club se reunió hoy con el agente del jugador

Lel?

F

Flavia

Última Hora | El Barça emitirá un comunicado a las 20:00 sobre el futuro de Martín Montoya. El club se reunió hoy con el agente del jugador

Lel?

I'm not surprised... It says the club will make an announcement about Montoya's future tonight, at 20h bcn time. In about 45 minutes.

Home of Barca Fans