Martin Montoya

Morten

His potential cant be that bad, he kept Carvajal out of the u21 at some point. He needs more game time, he is obviously rusty.

Lomar1o

still not as annoying as alves. but we have a huge RB problem. however, for the sake of changes i'd continue playing him as our main RB until we find a better solution.

F

Flavia

Montoya played cb yesterday. What was that? :lol:

He didn't play well, but who did? There is no system, most players are lost, like headless chickens.

Alarcón

Montoya played cb yesterday. What was that? :lol:

He didn't play well, but who did? There is no system, most players are lost, like headless chickens.

So the system told him to look like a fool against Canales and to pass to the goalkeeper instead of doing something useful?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Alarcon's bitterness and disappointment at Montoya's failure to remove the evil that is Alves is very palpable. It is almost like Obi Wan Kenobi screaming his disappointment and hurt at Anakin for turning dark side and failing to bring balance to the force.

Alarcon, looking at the mangled remains of Montoya's legs after Canales broke them going like:

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!! It was said you would destroy the Alves, no join him in being bad! Bring balance to the back line, not leave it in shambles!"

F

Flavia

So the system told him to look like a fool against Canales and to pass to the goalkeeper instead of doing something useful?

That was hilarious :lol:
He was on the left side, maybe that's what got him confused? :p I'm joking, but it was a great dribble.

Alarcón

That was hilarious :lol:
He was on the left side, maybe that's what got him confused? :p I'm joking, but it was a great dribble.

Yea it was a good dribble. I know many players didn't play well yesterday. The "system" is at fault for many things, but not for everything. It's the same thing with Suárez's finishing and occasionally horrible first touch - you can't fault anyone but the player for that. That's why I get angry at some players. Montoya now played 3 games in a row I think, he had the chance to show he should be more than a bench warmer at Barça, and he didn't take it. I don't care if it's because he hadn't played for a long time, if he's low on confidence, or if he's not good enough. He'll be 24 soon and if he wants to cut it at a top club, he has to perform under any kind of circumstances.

He obviously has talent, and he probably even had the potential to become a world class full back. That's why I supported him for a long time. But my patience is at an end. He was probably a better player 2 years ago than he is now, and that's laughable.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yea it was a good dribble. I know many players didn't play well yesterday. The "system" is at fault for many things, but not for everything. It's the same thing with Suárez's finishing and occasionally horrible first touch - you can't fault anyone but the player for that. That's why I get angry at some players. Montoya now played 3 games in a row I think, he had the chance to show he should be more than a bench warmer at Barça, and he didn't take it. I don't care if it's because he hadn't played for a long time, if he's low on confidence, or if he's not good enough. He'll be 24 soon and if he wants to cut it at a top club, he has to perform under any kind of circumstances.

I think you're being too harsh on him. Or you expect too much. Montoya was never that good.

JamDav1982

Pep used to try and out number teams in small areas. Even the full backs were part of that.

Now the full backs are almost isolated out wide and left in their own chanel with nothing to do but pass back or cross the ball.

Fuck being a Barca FB just now.

Home of Barca Fans