Martin Montoya

anguy

So true. He wasn't desperate to create width. When other teams brought many men to crowd a certain area, we also brought many men there to try to unlock it. Pep's team was not scared of tight spaces.

Teams were already adapting to that tactics in Pep's last year. His central approach wouldn't have worked that well in following seasons. In Bayern he has amazing wingers in Robben and Ribery.

Zangash

Banned
He starts again. I wonder what happened to him not being good enough to even sniff the grass as many people liked to describe him. Hmm.

F

Flavia

He starts again. I wonder what happened to him not being good enough to even sniff the grass as many people liked to describe him. Hmm.

He had an awful half. He's better than douglas, but alves has to be renewed. We can't afford to lose Alves.

anguy

when montoya gets into the attacking third he has no idea what to do

You can't make a lot of these one-twos ala Alves without the match practice. I think he did OK. Like I said don't compare Alves from last 5 games to him. Compare him to Alves, when he played winger in first matches of the season.

SeloBarca

Not even medoicre. He has no chemistry at all with the attackers.
If Alves makes bad crosses, Montoya have no attacking skills at all.

anguy

Not even medoicre. He has no chemistry at all with the attackers.
If Alves makes bad crosses, Montoya have no attacking skills at all.

To be fair our forwards made zero effort to attack the penalty area when he tried to cross. I believe Suarez would be much better target for him.

Zangash

Banned
He had an awful half. He's better than douglas, but alves has to be renewed. We can't afford to lose Alves.

We can, actually. Alves hasn't been a standout performer, even in the games where he has played well. Montoya having a bad game as part of an entirely awful game of football doesn't mean that Dani would not have. It's easy to forget this when he isn't playing, but Dani has pretty long spells of playing like shit himself.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You can't make a lot of these one-twos ala Alves without the match practice. I think he did OK. Like I said don't compare Alves from last 5 games to him. Compare him to Alves, when he played winger in first matches of the season.

Not many players can. When Alves is on form, which he has been the last 2 months or so (and I really hope he keeps it going), his technique is awesome. There are not many forwards, attacking midfielders or midfielders who can match him, let alone defenders.

We can, actually. Alves hasn't been a standout performer, even in the games where he has played well. Montoya having a bad game as part of an entirely awful game of football doesn't mean that Dani would not have. It's easy to forget this when he isn't playing, but Dani has pretty long spells of playing like shit himself.

Say what? You want Montoya to be our first choice RB and Douglas our backup? Sure Alves has had a long streak of bad games, but he's been the best (attacking) wingback in the world almost since he came from Sevilla, and he's found his form again. I'm happy for him, hope he continues.

Home of Barca Fans