Martin Montoya

Theconomist

kid got bright future eh

This ''kid'' is 22 ffs
Players stop being kids once they pass age 20.
Talking about a 20 year old as a kid makes you seem like a 65 year old war veteran.
If he was studying instead of playing football this ''kid'' would be on his second year of a master's degree.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Considering that Barcelona hasn't promoted a defender to be an active rotational player since Puyol, 21 year old Montoya is still very much a kid - defenders don't break into a starting XI at a massive club like Barcelona

Too many people are myopic in their outlook on player development and think it's commonplace to see sub 21 year olds break into a big club...This isn't a video game, just looks like it...Far different for a young attacking player to slot into this squad than it is for a defender, night & day

Montoya is a terrific prospect who should be the next starting RB for La Furia Roja and heir to Dani's starting position...but seeing that the kid was only promoted a few months ago, I'm sure it'll take some patience to see him develop into a formidable defender/attacker for Barcelona - but the signs are promising that he will not disappoint

Trickykid

This ''kid'' is 22 ffs
Players stop being kids once they pass age 20.
Talking about a 20 year old as a kid makes you seem like a 65 year old war veteran.
If he was studying instead of playing football this ''kid'' would be on his second year of a master's degree.

:lol:
Why on earth would you go on a rant about someone calling a 22 year old a kid?

Meitux

Better than Alves atm , play him in the next games,anyway so unlucky with that shot he could be the hero of the match

Paganinisrvnge

What a performance. That shot was so close but then again so was Benzema's. That would have been such a great team goal to win the match. At least we still have the 8 point lead. :messi:

PacoBJuarez

Really like what I've seen so far from him, especially coming in without fully warming up in a match this big. Sure, he got beat on the dribble by Ronaldo a couple of times, but let's be honest... that's going to happen. To just about anyone. Looks like he has great potential, makes me feel a lot better about Dani's recent dip in form and attitude knowing that Montoya is there waiting for his chance to step up.

Stric

Very pleased with Montoya. I believe this is the second time he was unexpectedly subbed, and he did very well both times. Hope to see him in the starting 11 some day.

Theconomist

Although if he is going to be our long term right back he better get better at marking Ronaldo. Ronaldo pocketed him waay too easily at times. But for a 22 year old it's very impressive. I like Montoya and Thiago. Only future stars of class of 91.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Although if he is going to be our long term right back he better get better at marking Ronaldo. Ronaldo pocketed him waay too easily at times. But for a 22 year old it's very impressive. I like Montoya and Thiago. Only future stars of class of 91.

He's 21.

Home of Barca Fans