Martin Montoya

Meitux

I don't know what you guys believe.But even if Montoya doesn't perform well it isn't and excuse of playing Alves.30 years with horrible defensive abilities and brings nothing more than useless crosses when attacking...

Those little mistakes are food for haters or for the ones that wanna convince theirselves that Dani Alves is the same he used to be.Just wait for him to get some matches and a regular role before critisizing..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't know what you guys believe.But even if Montoya doesn't perform well it isn't and excuse of playing Alves.30 years with horrible defensive abilities and brings nothing more than useless crosses when attacking...

Those little mistakes are food for haters or for the ones that wanna convince theirselves that Dani Alves is the same he used to be.Just wait for him to get some matches and a regular role before critisizing..
actually Alves isn't horrible at defending... It's just he goes on for meaningless attacks when he, as you say, can't even cross averagely.

But you are right, Montoya needs to be given more time. I mean after all, for the NT he is played ahead of Carvajal who was the best RB in Bundesliga last year!!

Stric

Montoya does in a friendly what Alves does on a regular basis and now all of a sudden it's obvious that Alves is the better one. :lol:

KhaledBarca

He used to shut down Cristiano Ronaldo "2008-2011 under Pep"!
Tata should ask Alves to stick to defence in the big games, he also did well under Scolari with Brazil in the confederations cup.

Having 2 attacking fullback (no balance), no world class CB alongside Pique are big problems.. But, what's most important, is to defend as a team, press etc...

Alik

Don't what up with him now. He wasn't this bad last season. Let's hope he just improves.

On the other hand, if Alves just learns not to neglect his defensive duties it should be fine.

Meitux

He used to shut down Cristiano Ronaldo "2008-2011 under Pep"!
Tata should ask Alves to stick to defence in the big games, he also did well under Scolari with Brazil in the confederations cup.

Having 2 attacking fullback (no balance), no world class CB alongside Pique are big problems.. But, what's most important, is to defend as a team, press etc...
Pressing always covers the bad defending,but if you get exposed theres the problem...If we wanna secure our defense its Alves that has to make way considering Alba's age and performances as attacking minded.And i disagree about Pique,he had two very bad seasons and if he can't put out good individual performances then hes not enough.You talk about a world class partner that can cover Pique's mistakes or bad performances,but if he can't make it done in hard times then hes not enough for me..Personally i want 2 CB's rather than one to be with Pique.

Last edited:

Indignado

Don't what up with him now. He wasn't this bad last season. Let's hope he just improves.

On the other hand, if Alves just learns not to neglect his defensive duties it should be fine.

When was he bad yesterday? Did you watch the game?

abual3bed1

Alves can still produce a bit more than Montoya. His runs and "when he sticks to defending" + linking up with Leo. All worth hanging on on Dani for a while longer.

Home of Barca Fans