Martin Montoya

Stric

Montoya is unlucky to have Adriano the all-arounder as his vompetition. Bench places are limited, and every coach would put Adriano there ahead of Montoya. But I can see him and Bartra getting some once the season starts rolling. CdR, aswell.

P

PhilS

#4 fullback is a position that will turn over often. Barca needs someone for this role who is too good to play that rarely.

Alba will be with Barca for a long time. With his incredible versatility, Adriano is one of the most valuable non-starters in the world. I'm sure even Adriano realizes this is the best role for him, given his propensity to injury. Barca does not re-sign many players over 30, especially those with physical problems like tendonitis, so there are valid reasons to let Alves go after this season. On the other hand, even if he might not be as good as he was a couple of years ago, Alves is fundamental to the Barca style of play. And he is Messi's buddy, and Neymar's buddy. If I were Montoya, I would only re-sign if Alves leaves. Otherwise, a player Montoya's age has to seek more playing time, even if it means going to a lessor team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think Alves has to stay but probably not at RB which should leave the position to Montoya...He's the right player to lead the team at RB, IMO...Rosell et al have had their hands full with this generation of cantera players and contracts/renewals etc.

Stric

Near the end of the game, there was some kind of incident between the benches, there was a shot of Montoya and another player of ours (can't remember who) making some sort of gesture towards the Sevilla bench. Right after we scored for the win. Needless to say, I was disappointed by our players behaving that way... Anyway, what I wanted to ask, to me it looked like the gesture he was making was the one that symbolizes money (rubbing the thumb against the index and middle fingers), anyone have an idea what he meant by that?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Near the end of the game, there was some kind of incident between the benches, there was a shot of Montoya and another player of ours (can't remember who) making some sort of gesture towards the Sevilla bench. Right after we scored for the win. Needless to say, I was disappointed by our players behaving that way... Anyway, what I wanted to ask, to me it looked like the gesture he was making was the one that symbolizes money (rubbing the thumb against the index and middle fingers), anyone have an idea what he meant by that?
Tw Dos Santos: "Let's not misinterprete, we didn't disrespect Sevilla, just reproached M'bia an earlier gesture that was out of place"

Tw Montoya: "Regarding the gesture you saw, I just repeated the gesture made by M'Bia when they equalized! Let's not misinterprete things."

Emery (coach Sevilla): "Pinto came to our dressing-room to apologize for the row at the end, there was a misinterpretation."

abual3bed1

The back pass was bad and there was no reason to give the pass this much power. Not his best game but can't really say anything for a player who just got his first minutes of the season.

Home of Barca Fans