Martin Montoya

D10S_JC

If Alves is really leaving, I hope Barca can replace him with right side version' Abidal. Tall and more defensive.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Horrible first half but settled down nicely in the second.

Horrible is an exaggeration. He got skinned a couple of times and had that shit backpass. Nothing unexpected from a youngstar defender who plays once in a bluemoon. But at least positionally he IS THERE and Pique didn't have to play CB and RB at the same time as it is the case with Alves quite often.

Xavinho

Maybe Tata has some concerns about starting two relatively inexperienced players in Montoya and Bartra together in defence.

Indignado

Him and Roberto seriously need to play, I don't know when they'll actually get to play if not in a home game against a rather poor side...

And don't tell me the coach sees them every day in training and knows better. We thought the same thing of Bartra and now he's playing better than Piqué...

BarcaGirl

The renewal talks with right back Martin Montoya (22) have been put on hold. The player is not yet sure if he wants to renew. [cope]

:(

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That had to be clear for some time now, IMO...Hasn't had much playing time in over a year when both coaches should've been rotating Dani more...Some of it is on the player since he hasn't always been sharp, of course you can always point to that being due to a lack of minutes...Yet the club has been very poor in addressing the youth players at the club, all the contracts, renewals etc. have dragged on more than they used to...Would've loved to have seen Martin more to know for sure if he could be a bonafide started for this time but it may already be too late to really be certain before losing him anyway

And as I have mentioned before, I think failures like this, Thiago or even the dragging on of Tello and Bartra's renewals gives a negative signal to players who have grown up in the club - it signals a shift in philosophy and you can be certain the players & their agents recognize this...Destabilizes the foundation of the club

F

Flavia

To be expected, really. But he hasn't really impressed this season, and is probably not impressin Tata, who knows. He'll play on cdr for sure. Then we'll see. But I won't be surprised to see him at serie A next season.

psychotsek

To be expected, really. But he hasn't really impressed this season, and is probably not impressin Tata, who knows. He'll play on cdr for sure. Then we'll see. But I won't be surprised to see him at serie A next season.

How can you say that when he didn't get any decent time to prove himself?It's not that he got the chances/minutes Alexis and Pedro got and kept underperforming.
The same things were said about Bartra and now he is ratted as one of our best defenders.

Cule4life

The Culest
Montoya is one of the ruins of the Tito era. Bartra was among the ruins too but by luck he got a chance to prove himself. Hope Montoya gets the same. Why is it that an established player has to get injured for a youngster to get a chance to prove himself on our team

Home of Barca Fans