Martin Montoya

Galning

First start in god knows how long on a terrible pitch versus an aggressive team. I didn't expect too much and he did alright :) I think it was him who cleared the rebound for the penalty kick too so he had some good and some bad moments. The more he plays, the better he will become.
I'm glad he played 90 minutes and we didn't concede :)

BarcaGirl

1st half was really shaky, but it's understandable. Thank god that one back pass to Valdes didn't end up in a own goal. He improved in the 2nd half.

Stric

The backpass was not perfect, but you can hardly blame him for trusting the best ball-playing goalie in the world to handle a slightly overpowered backpass, in a situation where it was very predictable. Anyways, he had some blunders and a few bad short passes, but I also noticed several occasions where he got himself out of trouble very elegantly and efficiently, a few nice crosses (the one where Neymar set up Adriano for the shot, for example, was great). I'm glad he played the full game in his natural position.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He played poorly, but I'm not that worried about it since he's had barely any match practice. Hopefully he buckles down and earns himself some more time soon.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He did alright, better in the second half. He needs time, nobody walks in to the starting 11 bossing around without match practice.

F

Flavia

Montoya: "Almost scored an own-goal? Valdes' look almost killed me there... It was my fault, I played it to his wrong leg."

Truthist

The fact that he at least makes an effort in defence warrants far more playing time than he's been getting. Alves doesn't even bother coming back anymore.

I rate this guy, hopefully he gets a good run this season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Antimadridista1

Can't really see if this man has a real world class potential ... if alves leaves for PSG or another team next summer, I wonder if the staff will buy another right back (Zuniga , Cuadrado or someone else) or if we'll give a starter place to Montoya.

abual3bed1

He should be eased into the starting position if Alves' really leaving this summer. More chances like against Rayo will do him well.

Home of Barca Fans