Matthijs de Ligt

I hope he is smart enough not to go to PSG. Disgusting club, not to mention that no one can escape from there. They also have Kimpembe and Marquinhos so I really don't see why they need him more than we do?

Unless I'm mistaken, PSG haven't done anything worse than what Chelsea and City did, backed up by oil money. You could go even further and say Liverpool and Utd did the same thing but with American financial doping. Yet PSG get 100 times the hate for it. Seems like the normal EPL club/fan hypocrisy if you ask me.

Raketa10

Unless I'm mistaken, PSG haven't done anything worse than what Chelsea and City did, backed up by oil money. You could go even further and say Liverpool and Utd did the same thing but with American financial doping. Yet PSG get 100 times the hate for it. Seems like the normal EPL club/fan hypocrisy if you ask me.

Have Chelsea or City payed over 400 mil for two players??? No one ever did anything like that before PSG did it TWICE in one transfer window. According to some sources those 2 players costed maybe even over 450 mil. They inflated the entire market with the purchase of Neymar and Mbappe in the same season, so no it's not even close.

Chelsea and City are at least playing in the most competitive league while PSG is playing in a farmer league. Their domination is so clear that those players can actually play at 60-70% trough the entire season and they would still win the league easily. That's one of the reasons they can't go far in CL since they are not used to playing against stronger competitors. In order to develop properly you definitely need more competitive environment.

Last edited:
Have Chelsea or City payed over 450 mil for two players??? No one ever did that except PSG. According to some sources those 2 players costed maybe even over 500 mil. They inflated the entire market with the purchase of Neymar and Mbappe in the same season, so no it's not even close.

Who cares if they inflated the market, they just sped up what was inevitable. Why don't Madrid get hate for inflating the market every time they broke the transfer record during the Galactico era? Liverpool when they spent 75m on VVD inflated the market price for defenders, where's their hate for doing so?

Chelsea and City as well as Utd and Liverpool all have bigger net spends than PSG the last 10 years, why are PSG singled out? Hell even a mid size club like Everton has a HUGE net spend in the last 3 years on the back of an Iranian businessman. Financial doping is financial doping, call them all out, PSG are no worse than those mentioned.

Raketa10

Who cares if they inflated the market, they just sped up what was inevitable. Why don't Madrid get hate for inflating the market every time they broke the transfer record during the Galactico era? Liverpool when they spent 75m on VVD inflated the market price for defenders, where's their hate for doing so?

Chelsea and City as well as Utd and Liverpool all have bigger net spends than PSG the last 10 years, why are PSG singled out? Hell even a mid size club like Everton has a HUGE net spend in the last 3 years on the back of an Iranian businessman. Financial doping is financial doping, call them all out, PSG are no worse than those mentioned.

Inevitable?!?! The fuck are you talking about? Name ONE player who was paid over 100 mil by City or Chelsea? And PSG have paid two over 200!!! PSG and Barca are still only clubs that have ever paid a player over 120 mil and transfers of Coutinho and Dembele were financed entirely with money we received from the sale of Neymar. Only 6 players EVER were paid over 100 mil (Neymar, Mbappe, Coutinho, Dembele, Pogba and Bale) and to be fair only Mbappe could maybe end up being worth that ludicrous amount all others failed to bare the burden. Also bare in mind that out of those six, four of them (directly and indirectly) were financed with PSG money!

Last edited:
Inevitable?!?! The fuck are you talking about? Name ONE player who was paid over 100 mil by City or Chelsea? And PSG have paid two over 200!!! PSG and Barca are still only clubs that have ever paid a player over 120 mil and our buying of Coutinho and Dembele was financed with money we received from the sale of Neymar.

Are you seriously telling me that the inflatory nature of transfer fees over the last 29 years is down to PSG and it's purchases of Ney and Mbappe? Do you really think players would not be transferring for 100m today if those 2 transfers hadn't gone through? Numerous clubs have been prepared to pay over 100m for players but they didn't work out. Inter were willing to pay over 100m for Messi nearly a decade ago, Madrid were willing to pay 250m 5 years ago. PSG broke the transfer record, not the first time a club does and definitely won't be the last.

Raketa10

Are you seriously telling me that the inflatory nature of transfer fees over the last 29 years is down to PSG and it's purchases of Ney and Mbappe? Do you really think players would not be transferring for 100m today if those 2 transfers hadn't gone through? Numerous clubs have been prepared to pay over 100m for players but they didn't work out. Inter were willing to pay over 100m for Messi nearly a decade ago, Madrid were willing to pay 250m 5 years ago. PSG broke the transfer record, not the first time a club does and definitely won't be the last.

I will repeat myself AGAIN, so far we have only 6 transfer over 100 mil and 4 of them were financed directly or indirectly with PSG money. So stop talking bullshit and please don't compare what someone allegedly wanted to pay for the GOAT who never intended to leave us with the money spent on the likes of Coutinho or Neymar.

EDIT: I forgot about Ronaldo's transfer to Juve so it's actually 7. Fact is PSG has directly or indirectly financed 2/3 of them money wise.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Do a free online MBTI personality test. I bet you are an INTJ

He's like the Elon Musk of the forum - I actually quite like the guy. @BBZ you should read this - https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

** Offtopic, sorry other guys.
I have seen girls on Tinder putting those things on their profile.
GOATverde, I took the test now: Architect INTJ-A

Some explanations, lol:
In Matters Of Principle, Stand Like a Rock
Architects radiate self-confidence and an aura of mystery, and their insightful observations, original ideas and formidable logic enable them to push change through with sheer willpower and force of personality. At times it will seem that Architects are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with Architects’ processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the Architect personality type – everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, Architects will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.

High Self-Confidence – Architects trust their rationalism above all else, so when they come to a conclusion, they have no reason to doubt their findings. This creates an honest, direct style of communication that isn’t held back by perceived social roles or expectations. When Architects are right, they’re right, and no amount of politicking or hand-holding is going to change that fact – whether it’s correcting a person, a process, or themselves, they’d have it no other way.

WEAKNESSES:
Arrogant – Architect personalities are perfectly capable of carrying their confidence too far, falsely believing that they’ve resolved all the pertinent issues of a matter and closing themselves off to the opinions of those they believe to be intellectually inferior. Combined with their irreverence for social conventions, Architects can be brutally insensitive in making their opinions of others all too clear.

Judgmental – Architects tend to have complete confidence in their thought process, because rational arguments are almost by definition correct – at least in theory. In practice, emotional considerations and history are hugely influential, and a weak point for people with the Architect personality type is that they brand these factors and those who embrace them as illogical, dismissing them and considering their proponents to be stuck in some baser mode of thought, making it all but impossible to be heard.

Overly analytical – A recurring theme with Architects is their analytical prowess, but this strength can fall painfully short where logic doesn’t rule – such as with human relationships. When their critical minds and sometimes neurotic level of perfectionism (often the case with Turbulent Architects) are applied to other people, all but the steadiest of friends will likely need to make some distance, too often permanently.

Loathe highly structured environments – Blindly following precedents and rules without understanding them is distasteful to Architects, and they disdain even more authority figures who blindly uphold those laws and rules without understanding their intent. Anyone who prefers the status quo for its own sake, or who values stability and safety over self-determination, is likely to clash with Architect personalities. Whether it’s the law of the land or simple social convention, this aversion applies equally, often making life more difficult than it needs to be.

This test is good. Explains my love towards numbers and my belief that numbers and stats can explain everything.
We should give it to EV and all of our players before signing them :lol:

Hawk

Regarding those ideas: a player will stay here for 10 years.

Some stats:
A foreigner who stayed at Barca for 10 years: NONE
9 years: NONE
8 years: Alves and Masch
7 years: Marquez

Dutch players at Barca:
6 years: R. Koeman, Cocu

How many years have young FOREIGN players stayed?
All transfers of young FOREIGN players in this century (since foreign players are not THAT attached to Barca as La Masia or Spanish players):
Fabio Rochemback 20, 2 seasons
Saviola 20, 3 seasons
Quaresma 20, 1 season
Maxi Lopez 20, 2 seasons
Geovanni 21, 2 seasons
Caceres 21, 1 season
Neymar 21, 4 seasons
Chyngrynkiy 22, 1 season
Alexis 22, 3 seasons
Paco 22, 2 seasons
Umtiti 22, 3 seasons, on a verge of being sold
Denis 22, 2 seasons

Dembele 20, 2 seasons for now
Arthur ??
Malcom, on a verge of being sold

So:
1. No foreigner ever (except Messi who is from La Masia) stayed here for more than 8 years
2. No Dutch player ever stayed for more than 6 years
3. Out of 15 youngsters bought in this century, only Neymar stayed for 4 years

Now:
1. How likely is that De Ligt, Frenkie or Dembele will break all records and be the first foreigners who will stay for more than 8 years?
Or, what is worse, more than only 4 years?

In general, foreigners don't stay here for too long.
And these new gen od kids are switching clubs even more often.

So, when people say about youngsters: he will be good in 2-3 years...
Well, the safest bet is that a player won't be here in 3-4-5 years.
So, there is a high chance that you will keep the player in his youth years and waiting for a better days.
While those better days will never come regarding that player (since he will stagnate in his development) or he will play on his prime in some other club.

My point: instead of reasoning: it is worth to suffer for 2-3 years with this player since he will be good after that...
We should look at it: will a player xx be good in his 1st, 2nd or 3rd season?
Since his 3rd, 4th or 5th season here the most likely=(the most often) will never come.

you are comparing bums like geovanni and rochemback to de ligt lol. its obvious even to the untrained eye the level of de ligt compared to those bums. eventual journey men who went on to play for the likes of hull and 'boro etc. like seriously.

I will repeat myself AGAIN, so far we have only 6 transfer over 100 mil and 4 of them were financed directly or indirectly with PSG money. So stop talking bullshit and please don't compare what someone allegedly wanted to pay for the GOAT who never intended to leave us with the money spent on the likes of Coutinho or Neymar.

EDIT: I forgot about Ronaldo's transfer to Juve so it's actually 7. Fact is PSG has directly or indirectly financed 2/3 of them money wise.

Come back to me in a year's time and we will see how many 100m transfers there have been unconnected to Neymar and Mbappe transfer to PSG. You still haven't mentioned the financial doping of the EPL clubs and their hypocritical fanboys, turning their noses up at what is happening at PSG, whilst doing much the same if not worse. And shall we blame Juve for destroying the market for players in their 30's for paying 100m for a 34 year old?

Also, Messi wanted to leave for Inter before he was talked around by Tito.

** Offtopic, sorry other guys.
I have seen girls on Tinder putting those things on their profile.
GOATverde, I took the test now: Architect INTJ-A

Some explanations, lol:
In Matters Of Principle, Stand Like a Rock
Architects radiate self-confidence and an aura of mystery, and their insightful observations, original ideas and formidable logic enable them to push change through with sheer willpower and force of personality. At times it will seem that Architects are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with Architects’ processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the Architect personality type – everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, Architects will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.

High Self-Confidence – Architects trust their rationalism above all else, so when they come to a conclusion, they have no reason to doubt their findings. This creates an honest, direct style of communication that isn’t held back by perceived social roles or expectations. When Architects are right, they’re right, and no amount of politicking or hand-holding is going to change that fact – whether it’s correcting a person, a process, or themselves, they’d have it no other way.

WEAKNESSES:
Arrogant – Architect personalities are perfectly capable of carrying their confidence too far, falsely believing that they’ve resolved all the pertinent issues of a matter and closing themselves off to the opinions of those they believe to be intellectually inferior. Combined with their irreverence for social conventions, Architects can be brutally insensitive in making their opinions of others all too clear.

Judgmental – Architects tend to have complete confidence in their thought process, because rational arguments are almost by definition correct – at least in theory. In practice, emotional considerations and history are hugely influential, and a weak point for people with the Architect personality type is that they brand these factors and those who embrace them as illogical, dismissing them and considering their proponents to be stuck in some baser mode of thought, making it all but impossible to be heard.

Overly analytical – A recurring theme with Architects is their analytical prowess, but this strength can fall painfully short where logic doesn’t rule – such as with human relationships. When their critical minds and sometimes neurotic level of perfectionism (often the case with Turbulent Architects) are applied to other people, all but the steadiest of friends will likely need to make some distance, too often permanently.

Loathe highly structured environments – Blindly following precedents and rules without understanding them is distasteful to Architects, and they disdain even more authority figures who blindly uphold those laws and rules without understanding their intent. Anyone who prefers the status quo for its own sake, or who values stability and safety over self-determination, is likely to clash with Architect personalities. Whether it’s the law of the land or simple social convention, this aversion applies equally, often making life more difficult than it needs to be.

This test is good. Explains my love towards numbers and my belief that numbers and stats can explain everything.
We should give it to EV and all of our players before signing them :lol:

:lol: If you didn't do the test already you can do it here https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test, but I presume you did. I mean this with the greatest respect in the world, you should also get yourself checked for Aspergers - you would be in the company of some very great minds, as well as sports geniuses if you had it.

Donatello

15M Euros per season... What are PSG smoking?

LMAO, Hazard will earn 15M per season, and he will be their talisman. So, its somehow justifiable.

De ligt might be a generational talent, and a great leader. But these ridiculous wages will destroy wage structure, not to mention the wrong message it will give to upcoming players.

But 15M per season for a 19 year old CB, no thanks.

CatalinR10

Does anyone know where can I find Barca's salaries ?

Or does anyone know how much do Suarez , Rakitic , Alba , Busi , Coutinho earn ?

Home of Barca Fans