Matthijs de Ligt

Newcomer

The owners of PSG have told Leonardo that De Ligt is their priority. So, yes! They are offering him that much.

You don't know it.

The only report with that salary is from Sport. The article from Sport is not "signed" by any reporter.

As soon as it came out in France, it has been highly speculated that they just stole the info from the guy i shown in this thread : Abdellah Boulma.
This is the tweet :[tw]1136559146092965889[/tw]

That same guy is saying one thing one day and another thing the other day. Zero credibility. And as a PSG fan, i would like to believe him since he is telling "positive news" for PSG. But nope, the guy just talks bullshit.

I'm so sure de Ligt will sign for Barcelona that i agree to do a bet. I allow the moderators to put some ridiculous picture on my profile or do whatever they want (even ban me if they want to ban me) if de Ligt signs for PSG.

Last edited:

Zidane82

No, no one knows what did he say to him. Cillessen said he talked to him, that's it.

Cillessen is a player who isn't that happy at Barca and he is leaving.

Well ... we do know.

Cillesson

I sat down with him [De Ligt] to talk about all the options but I did the same with Frenkie [de Jong].

“I told him that the decision belongs to him. Matthijs is a good boy and he knows what he has to do.

“I talked to him but also told him that I cannot make the decision for him. He knows what he has to do.

“I can only talk about the good things about Barcelona because they are a great club and I have great feelings for them.”

De Ligt will reportedly make a final decision shortly after Netherlands Nations League final against Portugal on Sunday.

George_Costanza

Well ... we do know.

Cillesson

I sat down with him [De Ligt] to talk about all the options but I did the same with Frenkie [de Jong].

“I told him that the decision belongs to him. Matthijs is a good boy and he knows what he has to do.

“I talked to him but also told him that I cannot make the decision for him. He knows what he has to do.

“I can only talk about the good things about Barcelona because they are a great club and I have great feelings for them.”

De Ligt will reportedly make a final decision shortly after Netherlands Nations League final against Portugal on Sunday.

This is like trivia, nothing there suggests Cillesson asked De Ligt to join Barcelona!

Givenchy

this transfer is certainly a strange one. logically Barca make the most sense; we pay high wages (if not now his upgrade in a few years will be big no doubt), we have his buddy Frenkie, La liga will be very competitive next season with a rejuvinated Madrid BUT Umtiti, Pique, Lenglet, Todibo.. we have no room for De Ligt.

Barto was also quoted back in April? that he 'knows what will happen with De Ligt but won't talk about it now' and i've also heard reports from United journos that its known he already has a deal with Barca

I don't see how, after he talked about playing time, he can move to Barca with Umtiti declaring hes staying. he'll get alot of shit thrown at him for joining PSG, money money etc but this feels like right player wrong time for us

mad how the amazing CB depth we finally have could actually end up costing us a talent like De Ligt

Last edited:

clemente

Money is literally the only reason he will go to other club, there is nothing to argue about lol.
I'm glad for him, not gonna be ruined at least.

Tackle

☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️Mike Verweij (Tier 1, Ajax): De Ligt will make his decision soon after the game vs Portugal. It will be either Barcelona or PSG.☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️

Zidane82

I heard an interesting story on the radio yesterday about this deal from a La Liga pundit on TalkSport ... apparently years ago ...De Ligt wanted an agent who knew the game and went with a well respected guy who was a well known ex player turned agent .. everything went great for years until this season with the transfer speculation when the player was suddenly the flavour of the month and they went from talking in millions to hundreds of millions and his agent lost his nerve and took advice on the best agent around to handle this huge contract talks ...hence Raiola.

It was his agent who with signed up with Raiola rather than De Ligt

Zidane82

this transfer is certainly a strange one. logically Barca make the most sense; we pay high wages (if not now his upgrade in a few years will be big no doubt), we have his buddy Frenkie, La liga will be very competitive next season with a rejuvinated Madrid BUT Umtiti, Pique, Lenglet, Todibo.. we have no room for De Ligt.

Barto was also quoted back in April? that he 'knows what will happen with De Ligt but won't talk about it now' and i've also heard reports from United journos that its known he already has a deal with Barca

I don't see how, after he talked about playing time, he can move to Barca with Umtiti declaring hes staying. he'll get alot of shit thrown at him for joining PSG, money money etc but this feels like right player wrong time for us

mad how the amazing CB depth we finally have could actually end up costing us a talent like De Ligt

Surely they’d simply move on either Lenglet or Todibo rather than miss out on De Ligt .. I’d shove Umtiti to train with the under 15’s ladies team until he got the message .

Raki13

Surely they’d simply move on either Lenglet or Todibo rather than miss out on De Ligt .. I’d shove Umtiti to train with the under 15’s ladies team until he got the message .

Amazing how Umtiti seems to have no fitness issues when a French game comes up.

serghei

Umtiti is done and super-injury prone, Todino can be loaned, Pique is old and has maybe 2 more years, Lenglet is good, but not De Ligt level. He's gonna be very fast option no1 in our defense due to the circumstances tied to the other defenders we have.

Plus, Valverde is on borrowed time as it is, and we'll get rid of him after this next season at worst.

He shoots himself in the leg if he signs for PSG.

In the meantime one of the mods should change the thread name in Farmer de Ligt. It went well with De Jong. :coffee:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

We really don’t have any CB depth, serghei’s post already spoke to that and I will not say much more than we might even sell Todibo, to my chagrin.

As to that much circulated alleged remark of Bartomeu about knowing what will happen to De Ligt, I have been looking for the original source of such remark for a long time but to no avail. It is most likely made up.

Donatello

He Wouldnt have a second thought about joining Barcelona, had we won the UCL.

Its the exact opposite imo.

It would've cemented the position of Pique and Lenglet as the starting CB. Also, the fact that it would have been harder to break in to a champions league winning squad.

Infact, due to our loss, it is relatively easier to break into the first team compared to the above scenario. Lenglet is still unproven, also Pique and Lenglet didn't fair well against Liverpool, hence the obvious De Ligt pursuit.

Home of Barca Fans