Matthijs de Ligt

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Umtiti should join his dancing partner, Lacazette, at Arsenal. They would probably pay us a decent sum, plus they need to improve their defense. Although, I fear his brittle knee would fail the medical at any team at this point.

gregorrin10

Umtiti should join his dancing partner, Lacazette, at Arsenal. They would probably pay us a decent sum, plus they need to improve their defense. Although, I fear his brittle knee would fail the medical at any team at this point.

Umtiti's knee to go to the worst medical care club in the world...sure, that would work out beautifully. :lol:

M

Medz

I swear he's so overhyped just cause he's young.

Everytime I watch him he looks prone to making mistakes and having brainfarts.

Campos

I swear he's so overhyped just cause he's young.

Everytime I watch him he looks prone to making mistakes and having brainfarts.

Apart from a few mistakes. He was really consistent this season.
Every defender makes mistakes. Even the best ones; Ramos, Koulibaly Chiellini.

Look at Stones and Maguire against Holland. Hilarious, and Maguire will probably cost more than De Ligt.

Only v Dijk was 'almost' 95% flawless this season. Which don't happen often.

P.S. I think De Ligt was really solid tonight. Really good in the first half.

Last edited:

Newcomer

this stinks of De Ligt waiting for us to shift Umtiti/a CB whilst putting pressure on us to do just that (especially with Umtiti coming out saying he wants to stay)

This !

Remind me of de Jong that had pushed back his decision to wait for Barcelona to give him the money and the playing time he wanted.

He wouldn't need more time to think if he was satisfied by the supposedly big offer from PSG. Why would he need ti wait ?

It was Barcelona from the beginning and it will be Barcelona at the end.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This !

Remind me of de Jong that had pushed back his decision to wait for Barcelona to give him the money and the playing time he wanted.

He wouldn't need more time to think if he was satisfied by the supposedly big offer from PSG. Why would he need ti wait ?

It was Barcelona from the beginning and it will be Barcelona at the end.

You are out-mortening Morten these days.

By your theory, when is he going to stop waiting, until end of day August 31st to see if we will get rid of Umtiti? If we don't he will then go back to PSG or whatever and sign with them? Absurd.

What's next? He is going to demand us to get rid of Lenglet too? How about Pique?

Givenchy

You are out-mortening Morten these days.

By your theory, when is he going to stop waiting, until end of day August 31st to see if we will get rid of Umtiti? If we don't he will then go back to PSG or whatever and sign with them? Absurd.

What's next? He is going to demand us to get rid of Lenglet too? How about Pique?

it was rumoured De Ligt would announce his decision after the final and instead he asked for more time and said 'playing time' is what hes thinking about - to me that looks like a hint hint especially with Umtiti yesterday coming out with 'i want to stay at Barca' it looks like he and his agent are putting pressure on us to make space for him.

I still think he'll sign for PSG though as we cant guarantee the playing time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it was rumoured De Ligt would announce his decision after the final and instead he asked for more time and said 'playing time' is what hes thinking about - to me that looks like a hint hint especially with Umtiti yesterday coming out with 'i want to stay at Barca' it looks like he and his agent are putting pressure on us to make space for him.

I still think he'll sign for PSG though as we cant guarantee the playing time.

To me what has been said was that he would announce his decision AFTER the Nations League final but it didn't really say as soon as it is over, it could be days or weeks after the final. He clearly hasn't made up his mind yet, but he is being consistent with his message that he needs more playing time. What I do find interesting is what Koeman said a few days ago that he already knew where De Ligt was going. So perhaps De Ligt changed his mind again? Swiveling back and forth?

I think he does like us (the fact that De Jong will be here is a pull) but he does have concerns about both playing time and money. At the same time PSG's and Juventus' (they are apparently back in the game according to RAC1 and the OJO agent) offers are simply too good to not be considered. That is probably why he is having a hard time deciding, rather than wait for our moves to sell Umtiti. If he had been going for that he would have let Bartomeu know when they went to Amsterdam and it would have been known to the press, I think. To me Umtiti is not a problem at all, if we are even entertaining the thought of selling him, why would we put him ahead of De Ligt in the pecking order?

Yes, I agree, it looks increasingly more likely that he will go to PSG after he kept saying "playing time". He doesn't have enough trust about what kind of playing time we are going to give him and PSG offers that plus much more money.

Personally I am getting a little numb already and the longer this transfer saga drags on, the less joy I will have if we do get him but at the same time the level of disappointment also has dissipated a lot if we lose him to PSG or another club. He is just a CB after all and there are plenty of them out there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is a more cynical but more plausible explanation why De Ligt is still waiting/taking his time to make his decision: Instead of waiting for us to sell Umtiti, he is waiting for us to match PSG's offer, at least increase our offer significantly to be considered comparable. He confirmed today during his post-game interview that he will let Raiola do his things.

I think it is far more likely that he is trying to get more money out of us.

tacticvarium

He is neither Catalan nor La Masia canterano.
There is no reason for him or any players to make big financial sacrifices just to join a specific club especially Barça considering our current sporting project is not that competitive and strong.
It is pretty logical and understandable to demand more money if he can whether he comes here or not.

viktor_brezdev

De Ligt :Ronaldo asked me about Juve move!
By Reuters
Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt said he was asked about a move to Italian champions Juventus by Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Sunday's Nations League final.
Soooo may be we miss him🤔

Newcomer

There is a more cynical but more plausible explanation why De Ligt is still waiting/taking his time to make his decision: Instead of waiting for us to sell Umtiti, he is waiting for us to match PSG's offer, at least increase our offer significantly to be considered comparable. He confirmed today during his post-game interview that he will let Raiola do his things.

I think it is far more likely that he is trying to get more money out of us.

You kinda think like me : like de Jong, he wants a bit more money and some assurance on his playing time. Like de Jong said, he is waiting for Barça to be "serious".

But this is the kind of things that will be resolved at the end. In de Jong case, during weeks, Barça side said they absolutely couldn't offer more and that PSG offer was crazy. We know how it ended. Barça will find a solution.

Home of Barca Fans