Matthijs de Ligt

Raketa10

[tw]1137837868980867074[/tw]

Congratulations PSG.

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION]

Competition in PSG is maybe even stronger than in Barca. Pique is old, Umtiti is broken, and Lenglet will never be a world class, I really can't see any reason why wouldn't he play?

M

Medz

I fucking hope we dont get him. If it takes you two momths to decide whether you come to Barça or not, you dont deserve to be here

Raketa10

Valverde.

I agree that's a problem but he won't be here for much longer. I suppose one more season and that's it. De Ligt is 19y old so Valverde should be a decisive factor in choosing Barca. Almost every player needs that one year to adapt so next season won't be decisive for his career in Barca with or without Valverede.

Choosing farmer league and PSG over Barca because of Valverde is just wrong.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Latest odds looking bleaker ..

We are 7:2 to sign him but PSG are now 9:2 !!!

This is after he said last night that his MAIN priority is playing time ...

Last edited:

Raketa10

Latest odds looking bleaker ..

We are 7:2 to sign him but PSG are now 9:2 !!!

This is after he said last night that his MAIN priority is playing time ...

Lets compare:

Pique - Lenglet - Umtiti vs Thiago Silva - Kimpembe - Marquinhos

Pique is younger than Thiago Silva that's true but I can't see how Marquinhos and Kimpembe are easier competition than current version of Umtiti and Lenglet? Not to mention both of them are left footed while Marquinhos is right footed.

Competition is similar in both teams, so if he has worries ONLY over playing time he should go to United. Only there he wouldn't have competition. If he truly believes in himself like a 75 mil player should than he shouldn't worry over playing time. In the end he should be a long term upgrade over our current centre backs and the right way to think is "I want to become one of the greatest CB's Barca ever had" and not "How will I compete with one legged Umtiti?".

So it's easy. United and Barca are offering a lot of money and PSG probably even more so:

- If you want to have a guaranteed playing time, don't care bout the quality of the team and don't care about the weather than go to Manchester.
- If you are not afraid of competition and you want to play for a great club that suits your style of a play go to Barcelona and live in a beautiful city with a great weather.
- If you want more money, you are also not afraid of the competition in the squad but you don't care about the quality of Ligue 1 than go to PSG and you will live in a wonderful Paris. But better be certain because you ain't leaving from PSG unless you pull off "Rabiot". :D

Last edited:
I fucking hope we dont get him. If it takes you two momths to decide whether you come to Barça or not, you dont deserve to be here

It's not like we are 2011 Barca under Guardiola. We got humiliated in the Ch.L for the second year in a row and it seems that we are in a mini(?) crisis.
We also have some big names in the CB position, so unless Umtiti leaves, there is no guaranteed playing time for De Ligt.
If the salary is the issue, i also understand it. I mean look how much we overpay our players..
Thank god Messi is still here and everyone wants to play with the goat before he retires.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lets compare:

Pique - Lenglet - Umtiti vs Thiago Silva - Kimpembe - Marquinhos

Pique is younger than Thiago Silva that's true but I can't see how Marquinhos and Kimpembe are easier competition than current version of Umtiti and Lenglet? Not to mention both of them are left footed while Marquinhos is right footed.

Competition is similar in both teams, so if he has worries ONLY over playing time he should go to United. Only there he wouldn't have competition. If he truly believes in himself like a 75 mil player should than he shouldn't worry over playing time. In the end he should be a long term upgrade over our current centre backs and the right way to think is "I want to become one of the greatest CB's Barca ever had" and not "How will I compete with one legged Umtiti?".

So it's easy. United and Barca are offering a lot of money and PSG probably even more so:

- If you want to have a guaranteed playing time, don't care bout the quality of the team and don't care about the weather than go to Manchester.
- If you are not afraid of competition and you want to play for a great club that suits your style of a play go to Barcelona and live in a beautiful city with a great weather.
- If you want more money, you are also not afraid of the competition in the squad but you don't care about the quality of the League 1 than go to PSG and you will live in a wonderful Paris.

Can De Ligt play as a LCB? He has always played on the right if I am not mistaken. If that's true that means he will have to kick Pique out in order to get minutes.

Raketa10

Can De Ligt play as a LCB? He has always played on the right if I am not mistaken. If that's true that means he will have to kick Pique out in order to get minutes.

No one knows that since he never played there. If you take that into consideration it will be easier for him to compete with almost 33y old Pique than with 25y old Marquinhos in the long term. I really don't get that "it's easier to get minutes in PSG" bullshit. It's not easy in any of those two teams.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No one knows that since he never played there. If you take that into consideration it will be easier for him to compete with almost 33y old Pique than with 25y old Marquinhos in the long term. I really don't get that "it's easier to get minutes in PSG" bullshit. It's not easy in any of those two teams.

For the next couple of seasons Pique is an absolute starter as long as he is fit, meanwhile Marquinhos has been playing as a DM for them so perhaps they could make room for De Ligt.

If he can't play on the left then his concern is not with competing with Umtiti or Lenglet, it is competing with Pique then. In that case he won't get many minutes.

Raketa10

For the next couple of seasons Pique is an absolute starter as long as he is fit, meanwhile Marquinhos has been playing as a DM for them so perhaps they could make room for De Ligt.

If he can't play on the left then his concern is not with competing with Umtiti or Lenglet, it is competing with Pique then. In that case he won't get many minutes.

Next couple of seasons??? Dude he is 32,5! No way he can be a starter for longer than a year! Next season is probably his last on the top level and that's also questionable. This year he was horrible every time he found himself one on one with opponent. Basically every faster player teared him apart. We should definitely part our way with old players who became burden for this club. Pique, Busquets, Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal should all be gone by the start of 2020/21 season.

Marquinhos played DM because they lost Rabiot in the middle of the season he won't continue there for sure. If he can't play as a LCB than his competition in PSG is even stronger than in Barca. Marquinhos is at the top level and he will peak in a year or two while Pique is becoming worse and worse as time passes by.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Next couple of seasons??? Dude he is 32,5! No way he can be a starter for longer than a year! Next season is probably his last on the top level and that's also questionable. This year he was horrible every time he found himself one on one with opponent. Basically every faster player teared him apart. We should definitely part our way with old players who became burden for this club. Pique, Busquets, Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal should all be gone by the start of 2020/21 season.

Marquinhos played DM because they lost Rabiot in the middle of the season he won't continue there for sure. If he can't play as a LCB than his competition in PSG is even stronger than in Barca. Marquinhos is at the top level and he will peak in a year or two while Pique is becoming worse and worse as time passes by.

We will see about that. I got a feeling that Pique will be here for a while, and starting most games.

Raketa10

We will see about that. I got a feeling that Pique will be here for a while, and starting most games.

If we want to compete for another CL than he shouldn't be. If we are fine with mediocrity than he could be starter for another 3 seasons but I hope we are left with some level of common sense.

Home of Barca Fans