Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Barca thought they had an agreement in place with De Ligt in March, but have seen their offer bettered by clubs including Paris Saint-Germain, who believe they are leading the race.

This is your definition of "going according to the plan"? That we knew all along that our offer would be trumped by PSG so we were planning on reopening talks with Raiola all along? Everything was the design of GOATomeu?

Come on newcomer. You are sounding very ingenuine.

Campos

If De Ligt is as smart as he looks. He'll call Barto, and ask him where to sign the damn thing.
Choosing England above Spain. Okay, i can live with that.

But PSG ? Ligue 1 won't make him a better defender.
Mbappe want to leave. Neymar want to leave. But they are all stuck there. Nasser won't let them go.

He might be the best defender for his age. But he needs to step his game up. Still to many silly errors. He need to play against top teams every week.
Only La Liga or the Premier League (maybe the Bundeliga) can give him that experience.

Silva could have been one of the (if not the) greatest defenders this generation. But look at him now.

Newcomer

This is your definition of "going according to the plan"? That we knew all along that our offer would be trumped by PSG so we were planning on reopening talks with Raiola all along? Everything was the design of GOATomeu?

Come on newcomer. You are sounding very ingenuine.

No, i am not saying Barça side wanted to pay more.

I'm saying that from the start, this story would go down like de Jong transfer.

Barça medias said they had a deal with de Jong but that he had finally chose PSG due to their best offer and that Barça was unable to match it.

At the end, Barça gave in and made an exceptional offer and got the player.

When i say, it is going all according to plan, it is the plan designed by de Ligt camp to force Barça hands to offer more. And it seems Barça will tak to Raiola again. Why would they do that if they don't plan to offer better terms ?

Why would you think i'm sounding inguenine ? From the start to de Ligt saga to the end, i have always said the same thing (transfer will go down like de Jong and he will end at Barcelona).

I'm not shy from saying what i think here and i have been in arguments with serghei, Leo Messi something. I was in disagreement with Jair Ventura when he was overhyping Mbappé. You can't say i'm unguenine.

Givenchy

really surprised Liverpool and City aren't moving for him.. VVD-De Ligt pairing would be monstrous and De Ligt-Laporte isn't bad either. Pep seems to have a hard on for Maguire for around the same fee as De Ligt which is madness

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, i am not saying Barça side wanted to pay more.

I'm saying that from the start, this story would go down like de Jong transfer.

Barça medias said they had a deal with de Jong but that he had finally chose PSG due to their best offer and that Barça was unable to match it.

At the end, Barça gave in and made an exceptional offer and got the player.

When i say, it is going all according to plan, it is the plan designed by de Ligt camp to force Barça hands to offer more. And it seems Barça will tak to Raiola again. Why would they do that if they don't plan to offer better terms ?

Why would you think i'm sounding inguenine ? From the start to de Ligt saga to the end, i have always said the same thing (transfer will go down like de Jong and he will end at Barcelona).

I'm not shy from saying what i think here and i have been in arguments with serghei, Leo Messi something. I was in disagreement with Jair Ventura when he was overhyping Mbappé. You can't say i'm unguenine.

OK, now I understand what you meant by "according to plan", De Ligt's plan it is, I see. Well, even though I want us to sign him but I don't want us to cave in and give him more money, certainly not more than what we are going to pay De Jong. He doesn't deserve it and it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth if more money is what makes him sign with us.

I said you sound ingenuine because you purposely play down PSG's chances to get him. I understand you were hurt by the outcome of the De Jong transfer and you are just as anxious as many of us on this transfer but how can you rule out PSG like you did? Is it a lie that PSG is offering much more than we are? And several folks here, including you already pointed out that he will get more playing time at PSG than with Barca. So why rule out PSG? PSG at this point looks like the most plausible one to sign him, which is the underlying message of that ESPN story and yet you made it sound like it is all going well for Barca and Barca is going to sign him in the end blah blah blah.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can anybody answer this question of mine: Can De Ligt play on the left?
[MENTION=23569]VN10[/MENTION] [MENTION=23571]Ajax[/MENTION]

Newcomer

OK, now I understand what you meant by "according to plan", De Ligt's plan it is, I see. Well, even though I want us to sign him but I don't want us to cave in and give him more money, certainly not more than what we are going to pay De Jong. He doesn't deserve it and it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth if more money is what makes him sign with us.

I said you sound ingenuine because you purposely play down PSG's chances to get him. I understand you were hurt by the outcome of the De Jong transfer and you are just as anxious as many of us on this transfer but how can you rule out PSG like you did? Is it a lie that PSG is offering much more than we are? And several folks here, including you already pointed out that he will get more playing time at PSG than with Barca. So why rule out PSG? PSG at this point looks like the most plausible one to sign him, which is the underlying message of that ESPN story.

I was saying he would end at Barcelona when MU links were strong and there was a meltdown here. PSG wasn't even in sight.

Nothing to do with PSG. It has more to do with de Jong connection, Ajax players, directors pushing their players to Barça, their family and the whole dutch country wanting them to go to Barcelona. Think Barcelona has an edge for those particular players, that is all.

Bit like Hazard would never sign for Barcelona if Madrid was there to offer him what he wants. PSG offer is surely great, maybe the best in term of playtime and salary. But there are other factors.

To be honest, a great part of PSG fans think Ajax and dutch people in general are "sucking" Barcelona. So, with that in mind, we don't value PSG and other clubs chances if Barcelona is "serious" as de Jong said.

Last edited:

Campos

Can anybody answer this question of mine: Can De Ligt play on the left?
[MENTION=23569]VN10[/MENTION] [MENTION=23571]Ajax[/MENTION]

If you watch his earlier youtube compilations. You can see he shoots and give long passes with both legs very well.
So it shouldn't be a problem for him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I was saying he would end at Barcelona when MU links were strong and there was a meltdown here. PSG wasn't even in sight.

Nothing to do with PSG. It has more to do with de Jong connection, Ajax players, directors pushing their players to Barça, their family and the whole dutch country wanting them to go to Barcelona. Think Barcelona has an edge for those particular players, that is all.

Bit like Hazard would never sign for Barcelona if Madrid was there to offer him what he wants. PSG offer is surely great, maybe the best in term of playtime and salary. But there are other factors.

To be honest, a great part of PSG fans think Ajax and dutch people in general are "sucking" Barcelona. So, with that in mind, we don't value PSG and other clubs chances if Barcelona is "serious" as de Jong said.

Which happen to be the two things that matter to De Ligt the most (he himself said many times that he wants playing time and he hired Raiola). You can't paint all Dutch people and Ajax players with a broad brush. They are individuals.

Newcomer

Which happen to be the two things that matter to De Ligt the most (he himself said many times that he wants playing time and he hired Raiola). You can't paint all Dutch people and Ajax players with a broad brush. They are individuals.

Yeah. It was important to de Jong as well.

Barça gave in at the end. And the article i posted here is saying Barça will meet with Raiola again soon. Why would they meet him if not to improve the terms (what matter to de Ligt) ?

My assumption from the start is Barça will give in and that de Ligt will be satisfied with the new terms offered.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you watch his earlier youtube compilations. You can see he shoots and give long passes with both legs very well.
So it shouldn't be a problem for him.

Thanks. So has he ever played on the left (as a LCB) so far for Ajax or the various levels of Dutch NT?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah. It was important to de Jong as well.

Barça gave in at the end. And the article i posted here is saying Barça will meet with Raiola again soon. Why would they meet him if not to improve the terms (what matter to de Ligt) ?

My assumption from the start is Barça will give in and that de Ligt will be satisfied with the new terms offered.

De Jong is a Barca fan, he loves money but he also likes Barca. De Ligt is not so he is different.

Anyways, I hope we get him but not because of throwing more money.

Newcomer

Well, if Barça wasn't throwing money they wouldn't have the biggest wage package in the world in all sports.

It is a reality that all the best clubs are the ones with money. And it is normal because the best players want and should get more money than the less talented ones.

I really don't get why you guys are so obsessed with money. Your club is rich, it is normal that they spend a lot. The bottom line is to win on the pitch, as long as the club doesn't risk bankruptcy.

Home of Barca Fans