Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, if Barça wasn't throwing money they wouldn't have the biggest wage package in the world in all sports.

It is a reality that all the best clubs are the ones with money. And it is normal because the best players want and should get more money than the less talented ones.

I really don't get why you guys are so obsessed with money. Your club is rich, it is normal that they spend a lot. The bottom line is to win on the pitch, as long as the club doesn't risk bankruptcy.

Come on, newcomer. You know that we have the highest wage to expense ratio (81%), you know we pay the highest wages in the industry, you know that we don't have unlimited amount of money as yours does. You might not know that we have a ballooning debt (close to 500m), you might not know that we had to borrow 140m just to fill up our transfer coffers, you might not know that our Espai Project (rebuilding Camp Nou among other things) is delayed somewhat and we are still unable to find money (from naming rights) to cover a part of the expenses.

Financially we are in a much direr situation compared to many, certainly yours.

Newcomer

Come on, newcomer. You know that we have the highest wage to expense ratio (81%), you know we pay the highest wages in the industry, you know that we don't have unlimited amount of money as yours does. You might not know that we have a ballooning debt (close to 500m), you might not know that we had to borrow 140m just to fill up our transfer coffers, you might not know that our Espai Project (rebuilding Camp Nou among other things) is delayed somewhat and we are still unable to find money (from naming rights) to cover a part of the expenses.

Financially we are in a much direr situation compared to many, certainly yours.

With FFP, PSG doesn't have unlimited funds.

If that were the case, PSG wouldn't have Choupo Moting or only Verratti (+ Rabiot) as available midfielder at the start of the season. Lo Celso would still be at PSG.

Pericles

As a fan of PSG, I am very amused to read what I read about the transfer of De Ligt on this forum for several weeks. I was reading the same things about De Jong.

Newcomer is absolutely right. No PSG supporter believes in this transfer. Only Barcelona fans imagine a competition that only exists in their minds, manipulated by the media. De Ligt will follow De Jong's beautiful eyes in Barcelona, ​​because it's the natural end of his transfer. Ajax is a satellite club affiliated with Barcelona. The PSG serves only as a stooge for De Ligt, as it was for De Jong a few months ago, to force Barcelona to increase its sports and financial offer. That's all. There will be no disappointment for the supporters of PSG, since we have never believed in this transfer. The transfer of De Jong has already shown the unfolding of history. Bartomeu se présentera comme le héro d'un transfert qui aurait pu échapper au Barça, les Socios l'applaudiront, et ses objectifs politiques seront remplis.

Ajax

He is 'just' playing the game. If you can get 30% more salary by acting like a dick at your job for 2 months you would do the same.

Sure he could say 'I only want to go to Barca, its my dreamclub. I really hate Real Madrid. My favorite player ever is Puyol.' He would be considered an instant public favorite but Barca would have been all business and offer him a 3m contract.. its not like the clubs are saints that will reward loyalty that way

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
We should give De Ligt a fair offer, but more importantly get rid of the expensive dead wood on our roster. Rakitic and Coutinho must be sold to make room for the new players entering the team. One reason is to make space in our wage structure. Another is that Valverde will undoubtedly give them too many mins next season if they are here, and we need to focus on structuring the midfield around FDJ. I also think De Ligt is better than Lenglet and would be an immediate upgrade for set pieces and overall defense.

Griezmann is probably coming too so there's no reason at all to loiter around with Coutinho who's an obviously poor fit. If it were up to me, 7 of the starters from the Liverpool game would be replaced and sold/reduced to role players: Lenglet, Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal (?), Coutinho, Suarez.

I think that'd be a huge change that will never happen under Valverde, but maybe we can at least get 2 out if we sell Raki/Coutinho. If all 3 of Griezmann/FDJ/De Ligt were to be starters next season that'd be a serious upgrade over their counterparts at least. If Arthur becomes so good that he's undroppable, that could even be 4.

snowy

He is 'just' playing the game. If you can get 30% more salary by acting like a dick at your job for 2 months you would do the same.

Sure he could say 'I only want to go to Barca, its my dreamclub. I really hate Real Madrid. My favorite player ever is Puyol.' He would be considered an instant public favorite but Barca would have been all business and offer him a 3m contract.. its not like the clubs are saints that will reward loyalty that way

The Art of de Ligt :lol:

Barto better not piss him off

Devils

[tw]1138200413621096454[/tw]

75m.

Barcelona and Ajax are in total agreement.

If he does come here, he wont be announce until the new fiscal year (after July 1st).

Raiola is trying to convince him otherwrise though.

[tw]1138202644181372928[/tw]

Last edited:

cris29

Cant be held to ransom by a 19yr old CB in a position whereby we have Pique, Lenglet, and Umtiti. Its our most stacked position tbh.

Riordon

Cant be held to ransom by a 19yr old CB in a position whereby we have Pique, Lenglet, and Umtiti. Its our most stacked position tbh.

Yes, we are only going for a CB because its De Ligt. Otherwise we wouldn't even have looked at that position. If we get De Ligt, Umtiti HAS so go so we have money to reinforce other positions. You can easily argue that a number 9, left winger, offensive midfielder, starting right back, backup leftback are more important positions to reinforce.

Givenchy

hilarious that Raiola seems to think PSG are a stepping stone club.. especially when Verratti, the guy who tried to break out is one of his fucking clients

why oh why did De Ligt get involved with this scumbag.

"I must assess if it is time to go to Barça"

to me, reads as if daddy Raiola wants him to join another club and then join Barca a few years later so he nets him 2 big agent fees. the kid is a total puppet, unreal

Riordon

hilarious that Raiola seems to think PSG are a stepping stone club.. especially when Verratti, the guy who tried to break out is one of his fucking clients

why oh why did De Ligt get involved with this scumbag.

"I must assess if it is time to go to Barça"

to me, reads as if daddy Raiola wants him to join another club and then join Barca a few years later so he nets him 2 big agent fees. the kid is a total puppet, unreal

Raiola knows PSG is not a stepping stone club, just want De Ligt to believe it. If he goes to Paris there is no way out. In Barca there is always a way out, we dont want players who dont want to be here.

The kid is starting to get on my nerves. I would completely drop him and dont buy a CB and go for other positions. Enough man

abbbs97

I think Barto’s going to talk to Raiola and de Ligt this week as reported earlier to try and convince them on Barca. I think it’ll be like Frenkie where he’ll tell him that he’ll sell one of Umtiti or Lenglet to convince him that he’ll get enough minutes. Probably Umtiti.

Raiola definitely wants him to go to PSG and then to Barca because he’ll get double the fee. Even if we do get him, we will be having a lot of trouble with Raiola trying to move him around every few years.

If de Ligt has another agent, this deal would’ve been announced months ago.

Home of Barca Fans