Matthijs de Ligt

Tackle

hilarious that Raiola seems to think PSG are a stepping stone club.. especially when Verratti, the guy who tried to break out is one of his fucking clients

why oh why did De Ligt get involved with this scumbag.

"I must assess if it is time to go to Barça"

to me, reads as if daddy Raiola wants him to join another club and then join Barca a few years later so he nets him 2 big agent fees. the kid is a total puppet, unreal

Spot on.

The Raiola rumour + the MD De Ligt interview quote sound like he's off to PSG or United for a couple years and plans on joining Barca after he's established himself to the point he can walk into the starting XI here. The problem with that is that most players don't get a second chance to join Barca especially if they go to another top club.

PSG would never let him go and United would demand an astronomical fee to the point where it wouldn't be worth it to buy him anymore. Also his development could easily stall and the hype would die down quickly as he gets older. Even if he comes here and fails he can leave at 21-22 to another top team.

I really couldn't be bothered either way as I don't think the lad is as great as hyped to be and CB isn't a priority to reinforce. Rather we not get him to be honest and if he listens to that knob head Raiola and pisses off to the golden prison at PSG or Thursday night football bound United I have no sympathy for him.

hilarious that Raiola seems to think PSG are a stepping stone club.. especially when Verratti, the guy who tried to break out is one of his fucking clients

why oh why did De Ligt get involved with this scumbag.

"I must assess if it is time to go to Barça"

to me, reads as if daddy Raiola wants him to join another club and then join Barca a few years later so he nets him 2 big agent fees. the kid is a total puppet, unreal

The reason we don't understand why he is with Raiola is because we as supporters, are on the outside looking in speculating and only see things from a supporter point of view. Zlatan is the last guy you would expect to get manipulated but in his autobiography he absolutely loves Raiola, because Raiola fights for his clients. Zlatan would never have got half the transfers he wanted if he didn't have Raiola as his agent, including the transfer to Barca.

De Ligt will get a far better monetary deal from his next club due than he would have without Raiola and that's why players love him as their agent.

abbbs97

I think he wants Barca and is waiting for the board to sell one of Umtiti or Lenglet. I think that’s exactly what Barto will do this week. Talk with Raiola and de Ligt and reassure him that one of the CBs will be sold. He’s clearly sending a message to the board with yesterday’s comments and the MD interview: sell a CB and I’ll come. De Ligt also did mention that he likes competition.

Raiola knows PSG is not a stepping stone club, just want De Ligt to believe it. If he goes to Paris there is no way out. In Barca there is always a way out, we dont want players who dont want to be here.

The kid is starting to get on my nerves. I would completely drop him and dont buy a CB and go for other positions. Enough man

De Ligt is playing the game my man, he is 19, he is being advised by a super agent to say such and such to get more money. He's wet behind the ears - we would all do the same in his position, listen to the super agent with all the know how, cunning and experience. I don't begrudge him one bit.

I think he wants Barca and is waiting for the board to sell one of Umtiti or Lenglet. I think that’s exactly what Barto will do this week. Talk with Raiola and de Ligt and reassure him that one of the CBs will be sold. He’s clearly sending a message to the board with yesterday’s comments and the MD interview: sell a CB and I’ll come. De Ligt also did mention that he likes competition.

So now we are getting people who are not even part of the club yet deciding on our transfer policy? :lol: And what can you do now Umtits has dug his heels in and said he is staying. That's why we aren't pushing the boat out for De Ligt - we can't shift Umtits.

Givenchy

The reason we don't understand why he is with Raiola is because we as supporters, are on the outside looking in speculating and only see things from a supporter point of view. Zlatan is the last guy you would expect to get manipulated but in his autobiography he absolutely loves Raiola, because Raiola fights for his clients. Zlatan would never have got half the transfers he wanted if he didn't have Raiola as his agent, including the transfer to Barca.

De Ligt will get a far better monetary deal from his next club due than he would have without Raiola and that's why players love him as their agent.

I get what you're saying and i can see the benefits of someone like Raiola being your agent BUT De Ligt is not Zlatan.. hes 19 years old and by the looks of things, very easily manipulated.

getting his client huge wages is all well and good for the financial side but surely as an agent you have to think about the players career progression also. moving him to a United team that finished 6th or PSGs golden prison isn't exactly the best career choice for a player with this kind of potential.

abbbs97

So now we are getting people who are not even part of the club yet deciding on our transfer policy? :lol: And what can you do now Umtits has dug his heels in and said he is staying. That's why we aren't pushing the boat out for De Ligt - we can't shift Umtits.

Well de Ligt isn’t just any player. If we get him, we’ll not only get a great CB but also a leader in which we lacked since Puyol. It’s worth it. I’d sell Umtiti for him even if he doesn’t want to go. I think he’ll want to leave when Barto tells him that he’ll be on the bench most of the time as de Ligt will be taking his minutes. He will then leave when he gets better offers from other clubs.
I just think it’s so clear that de Ligt wants to come here and just wants guarantees in terms of minutes. I feel like Barto will convince him this week.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cant be held to ransom by a 19yr old CB in a position whereby we have Pique, Lenglet, and Umtiti. Its our most stacked position tbh.

I disagree. Pique is going 33 and it is just a matter of time that we will need a replacement. Umtiti has huge concerns, both physically and mentally, we don't know if he will ever cover. Lenglet is solid but not spectacular. Todibo is very inexperienced and we might even sell him. So our CB position definitely needs some reinforcement, sooner or later.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Barto’s going to talk to Raiola and de Ligt this week as reported earlier to try and convince them on Barca. I think it’ll be like Frenkie where he’ll tell him that he’ll sell one of Umtiti or Lenglet to convince him that he’ll get enough minutes. Probably Umtiti.

Raiola definitely wants him to go to PSG and then to Barca because he’ll get double the fee. Even if we do get him, we will be having a lot of trouble with Raiola trying to move him around every few years.

If de Ligt has another agent, this deal would’ve been announced months ago.

The only way Bartomeu will convince De Ligt is to throw more money at him and Raiola AND promise game time. Neither are likely.

What I don't get is how does Raiola not realize that if De Ligt goes to PSG, there is no turning back. Forget about 4 to 5 years or any number of years. As long as he still has a contract with PSG he will never be able to join us or any elite club for that matter (perhaps Real Madrid since they seem to have a good relationship).So how does Raiola make his money? From contractual renewals? We are the ones that pay the biggest wages in town, Raiola doesn't know that or what?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

If he implies that we have to sell certain players in order for him to come then he can go take a hike. We don't need players who think they can dictate what the club should be doing when it comes to personnel issues.

I get what you're saying and i can see the benefits of someone like Raiola being your agent BUT De Ligt is not Zlatan.. hes 19 years old and by the looks of things, very easily manipulated.

getting his client huge wages is all well and good for the financial side but surely as an agent you have to think about the players career progression also. moving him to a United team that finished 6th or PSGs golden prison isn't exactly the best career choice for a player with this kind of potential.

For any 19 yr old to go to a massive club like Utd and be THE best player, the leader and symbol of their rejuvenation is an incredibly attractive prospect. And I can guarantee you that Raiola has learnt about PSG from the Verratti debacle. He will make triply sure there are terms in the contract that allow his client to leave in 3/4 years with ease. Having his players imprisoned at a club is just a terrible business decision for someone like Raiola, he is simply not that stupid.

I agree that he could probably easily manipulate De Ligt if he wanted though.

abbbs97

The only way Bartomeu will convince De Ligt is to throw more money at him and Raiola AND promise game time. Neither are likely.

What I don't get is how does Raiola not realize that if De Ligt goes to PSG, there is no turning back. Forget about 4 to 5 years or any number of years. As long as he still has a contract with PSG he will never be able to join us or any elite club for that matter (perhaps Real Madrid since they seem to have a good relationship).So how does Raiola make his money? From contractual renewals? We are the ones that pay the biggest wages in town, Raiola doesn't know that or what?

I think he’ll do both of these things. Remember, Barto knows all of Barca fans want de Ligt. He also knows there is a vote of no confidence that might happen. If he signs de Ligt, the socis will forget about the disastrous end of this season and will see Barto as a hero. I also think that de Ligt wants to come here so Barto just needs to convince him which I think he’ll do this week. Why would he give an interview to MD (board’s mouthpiece) in which he says that he wants playing time if he didn’t want to come here? He’s sending a clear message to the board.

Maybe Raiola gets more money from PSG? I’m not sure honestly.
De Ligt can’t be stupid to go to PSG knowing he will never leave there even if he wants to.

Well de Ligt isn’t just any player. If we get him, we’ll not only get a great CB but also a leader in which we lacked since Puyol. It’s worth it. I’d sell Umtiti for him even if he doesn’t want to go. I think he’ll want to leave when Barto tells him that he’ll be on the bench most of the time as de Ligt will be taking his minutes. He will then leave when he gets better offers from other clubs.
I just think it’s so clear that de Ligt wants to come here and just wants guarantees in terms of minutes. I feel like Barto will convince him this week.

Umtits knows we want De Ligt in and him out and only last week said he is staying next season. It would be incredibly poor business sense for us to have Umtits, Pique De Ligt, Lenglet and Todibo at the club. Would destroy any chance Todibo makes it here and he could be a generational talent.

I personally don't see why people like Umtits, he is as positionally bad as Mina was but never gets called on it. Will never be world class for me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think he’ll do both of these things. Remember, Barto knows all of Barca fans want de Ligt. He also knows there is a vote of no confidence that might happen. If he signs de Ligt, the socis will forget about the disastrous end of this season and will see Barto as a hero. I also think that de Ligt wants to come here so Barto just needs to convince him which I think he’ll do this week. Why would he give an interview to MD (board’s mouthpiece) in which he says that he wants playing time if he didn’t want to come here? He’s sending a clear message to the board.

Maybe Raiola gets more money from PSG? I’m not sure honestly.
De Ligt can’t be stupid to go to PSG knowing he will never leave there even if he wants to.

Raiola will no doubt get more money from PSG up front, I think he is being short-sighted here. He will get more money from us down the road as long as we keep renewing De Ligt and we are suckers when it comes to succumbing to player demands at contract renewal...

Home of Barca Fans