Matthijs de Ligt

Campos

There ain't no guarantees in life man
If you play good, you will get more than enough minutes
If you play bad, you'll warm the bench next to Rakitic :messi:

That's how simple it is.

BTW: Why Pique - De Ligt won't work ? Because they both slow ?
Positional awareness is much more important than pace imo.

Pace is overrated as a defender.

Last edited:

El Guaje

It's not just that, what annoys me big time is the fact that he might be afraid of competition. And that competition is half broken Umtiti, 32y old Pique and Lenglet who was bought as a replacement for Umtiti. If you are an 80 mil player who demands 10+mil salary than you shouldn't have trouble with your confidence! He will cost us approximately the same amount Lpool paid for Virgil van Dijk. In that price range you are not allowed to have a lack of self confidence and if you have than lower your demands because than clearly you are not worth that amount.

If he is the real deal and I sincerely believe he is than he should take his chance and come here. Barca calls only once and he should accept it.

Playing time is a legit concern. Everybody knows that a few certain players will ALWAYS play, no matter how shit they are. So ya know, he might be outperforming Pique, Umtiti and Lenglet and he will still get to ride the bench. Same goes for FDJ. Valverde aint ever gonna bench Rakitic and Busquets so FDJ, Arthur and Vidal will compete for the last spot and all 3 of them are better than Raki and Busquets. Suarez is always on the pitch even tho he does fuck all. Malcom produces a MOTM performance against Real Madrid out of all teams and his reward is a month on the bench to watch Coutinho and Suarez being useless and to watch Sergi fucking Roberto being used as a winger. Hell even after the league was won the same XI still played, why not let guys like Todibo play instead?

No young player should come while Shitverde is here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There ain't no guarantees in life man
If you play good, you will get more than enough minutes
If you play bad, you'll warm the bench next to Rakitic :messi:

That's how simple it is.

BTW: Why Pique - De Ligt won't work ? Because they both slow ?
Positional awareness is much more important than pace imo.

Pace is overrated as a defender.

Not really, because we still play a high line a lot (in most games) and we have seen enough horror scenes of us getting wrecked in counters when the opposing team cut through our nonexistent midfield in high speed or fed the ball to someone closer to goal which resulted in our full backs as well as center backs chasing the ball/player. Yes a Pique/De Ligt pair would be too slow in my opinion. It might work great in a more defensive team but not here.

Campos

Not really, because we still play a high line a lot (in most games) and we have seen enough horror scenes of us getting wrecked in counters when the opposing team cut through our nonexistent midfield in high speed or fed the ball to someone closer to goal which resulted in our full backs as well as center backs chasing the ball/player. Yes a Pique/De Ligt pair would be too slow in my opinion. It might work great in a more defensive team but not here.

Ajax plays the same way. And Blind is even slower than Pique.
Personally i think they can form a good couple.

The master and the apprentice...

Pique won't bench (not yet). That's one thing for sure.
De Ligt is better than Lenglet.

So imo, the best players should play. Valverde should make it work somehow. That's his job!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe 3-4 years elsewhere before he signs for Barca isn't bad either. Pique won't be dropped even if he shits on Valverde's head.

Zidane82

Ajax plays the same way. And Blind is even slower than Pique.
Personally i think they can form a good couple.

The master and the apprentice...

Pique won't bench (not yet). That's one thing for sure.
De Ligt is better than Lenglet.

So imo, the best players should play. Valverde should make it work somehow. That's his job!
Considering he plays Roberto at RB , plays Rakitic AT ALL .... it doesn’t sound hopeful

Zidane82

No real progress but ..

Barcelona have agreed a fee with Ajax for central defender Matthijs de Ligt, according to a report on the radio station Catalunya Radio.

75m-euro De Ligt fee agreed, says Catalunya Radio

Speaking on the programme 'Club de la Mitjanit' on Monday night, the journalist Oriol Domènech revealed that Barça now have a deal in place to pay 75 million euros for the Dutch international

Donatello

I think Bartomeu will cave, he is already under pressure and the recent acquisition of Hazard, Jovic, Eder to Madrid may add fuel to fire.

I don't think losing De Ligt will bode in well with the socies and fans alike.

Messi983

Nah, people would quickly forget about De Ligt if we get Griezmann. We've done everything we could, if MDL decides to sign for PSG then so be it.

But I still believe we'll sign both.

abbbs97

I read that Barca won’t be able to announce any signings until July 1st when the new fiscal year begins so maybe that’s what’s delaying de Ligt’s desicon? I still believe he wants to come here and Barto will make the final push this week to fully convince him.

If we don’t sign him, we will regret it in the future. Right now, 75m will seem like a bargain compared to what he’ll be worth in 4 or 5 years. He’s not only a fantastic defender but also a fantastic leader reminiscent of Puyol. We need to get him even if it means letting go of Umtiti, who isn’t what he was anyway, and benching Pique. That’s what Barto should do when he meets Raiola (and probably de Ligt) this week. Convince him that Barca is the best place for him. Even if it seems like it isn’t right now with Valverde and Barto, it will be in the future with Font and probably Xavi as manager. He’s also perfect for Barca playing wise. We need to get him now cause we won’t find a defender like him anytime soon.

Raketa10

If he has quality and he for sure has he would play! Simple as that. No one would deliberately play someone worse not even Valverde. There is no way in hell Vidal will play more than De Jong or broken Umtiti more than De Ligt. Same goes for Rakitic or Busquets.

Yeah I know Vidal played more than Arthur did but in the begining of the season when Arthur was performing well he was our starter. Only after that last injury when he dropped in form he was benched for Vidal. Valverde also benched Coutinho for younger Dembele until he injured himself third time in one season. Sergi Roberto played more than Semedo but to be fair Semedo got plenty of chances and he played well only in couple of games. Suarez was not benched because we don't have another 9. Only legit question is why Malcom never got his chance but to be fair his quality is questionable.

I hate Valverde, he doesn't know how to handle our team, he doesn't know shit about tactics, he doesn't know how to react during games AND I WANT HIM GONE but it's not like he would deliberately play someone worse, no one is THAT stupid.

Last edited:

Sorin

If he has quality and he for sure has he would play! Simple as that. No one would deliberately play someone worse not even Valverde. There is no way in hell Vidal will play more than De Jong or broken Umtiti more than De Ligt. Same goes for Rakitic or Busquets.

Yeah I know Vidal played more than Arthur did but in the begining of the season when Arthur was performing well he was our starter. Only after that last injury when he dropped in form he was benched for Vidal. Valverde also benched Coutinho for younger Dembele until he injured himself third time in one season. Sergi Roberto played more than Semedo but to be fair Semedo got plenty of chances and he played well only in couple of games. Suarez was not benched because we don't have another 9. Only legit question is why Malcom never got his chance but to be fair his quality is questionable.

I hate Valverde, he doesn't know how to handle our team, he doesn't know shit about tactics, he doesn't know how to react during games AND I WANT HIM GONE but it's not like he would deliberately play someone worse, no one is THAT stupid.

Numerous instances where the likes of Bob, Raki, Busquets, Suarez, Coutinho were diabolically bad, where even a traffic cone would've done better, and you still say that Valverde is not a complete moron when it comes to who gets to play?

Givenchy

awkward if he joins another club now.. they will pretty much know hes using them as a stepping stone to Barca in a few years. the balls on Raiola :lol:

Home of Barca Fans