Matthijs de Ligt

Raketa10

Numerous instances where the likes of Bob, Raki, Busquets, Suarez, Coutinho were diabolically bad, where even a traffic cone would've done better, and you still say that Valverde is not a complete moron when it comes to who gets to play?

No no no, he is a complete moron! All I am saying is that he couldn't drop some players because their subs were even worse. Bob is shit and than Semedo comes on and he is equally bad. Suarez couldn't be subbed because his sub was FUCKING Boateng. That's all I am saying. When someone has quality he usually plays. Bigger problem is using some players wrong like he did with Coutinho. Another problem is using horrible tactics so that every player except Messi plays like a shit. I see that as a much bigger problem than starting Suarez or Busquets.

We also can't blame him from dropping Arthur in the second part of the season because he really played much worse than he did in the beginning of the season. Arthur clearly has some issues with his stamina and that was visible from the Moon. We also can't claim that Malcom would do a better job than Cou or that Alena should have played more since he really didn't show anything special when he played. He is a complete moron because he plays in the wrong way and not because Malcom didn't start instead of Cou or Alena instead of Rakitic.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nah, people would quickly forget about De Ligt if we get Griezmann. We've done everything we could, if MDL decides to sign for PSG then so be it.

But I still believe we'll sign both.

If I am not mistaken, Sport or MD did a poll and even the local Catalan Barca fans don't want us to get Griezmann.

The overwhelming impression that I got from this forum as well as other Barca forums is most Barca fans don't want Griezmann. So I doubt his arrival will make Bartomeu's job easier if we do lose out on De Ligt.

Sorin

No no no, he is a complete moron! All I am saying is that he couldn't drop some players because their subs were even worse. Bob is shit and than Semedo comes on and he is equally bad.

You see, I might agree with you if I haven't seen Valverde yank off Semedo at half time whenever he had a bad game and yet kept that disaster Bob even though he was an utterly incompetent RB for majority of the games. What happened on Camp Nou and at Anfield against Liverpool where even a blind man could see Bob being eviscerated for both pace and power by Mane and yet Valverde still kept him in, is inexcusable. Sorry if I don't agree with you here Raketa.

Suarez couldn't be subbed because his sub was FUCKING Boateng. That's all I am saying. When someone has quality he usually plays. Bigger problem is using some players wrong like he did with Coutinho. Another problem is using horrible tactics so that every player except Messi plays like a shit. I see that as a much bigger problem than starting Suarez or Busquets.

Suarez could've been rotated with Messi and use wingers instead. But no, every time Suarez was fit, he was indisputable starter despite being utter shite. Don't tell me you are one of those posters that will argue that Valverde needed to play the strongest 11 against the likes of Alaves, Rayo, Valladolid or Huesca?

Coutinho was a net negative plenty of times. Even a youth player would have achieved the same shit as Cout but no he had to play no matter what. Please.

We also can't blame him from dropping Arthur in the second part of the season because he really played much worse than he did in the beginning of the season. Arthur clearly has some issues with his stamina and that was visible from the Moon. We also can't claim that Malcom would do a better job than Cou or that Alena should have played more since he really didn't show anything special when he played. He is a complete moron because he plays in the wrong way and not because Malcom didn't start instead of Cou or Alena instead of Rakitic.

Dude ffs, we don't play 60 matches a season against the likes of Liverpool, Real Madrid and Atletico. There were plenty of matches against tripe like Valladolid and Huesca where different players could've been used instead of his butt buddies Rakitic, Busquets and co. and yet 90% of the time there they were in the first 11, like fucking clockwork. And you know the saddest part? They were usually shite in those games too. That's infuriating but hey believe what you want.

Regarding Arthur and his lack of stamina, you are speaking like Busquets and Rakitic were the epitome of stamina over the course of the season. They were both knackered, slow and shite for majority of the time and yet when it came to being subbed out Arthur was first to go. Same with fucking Vidal who, strangely enough, was fitter than all of them combined. Didn't stop the parasitic moron on our bench to use his boyfriends over and over again instead of giving youth the chance to run their socks off.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. The mediocrity that is our manager won't ever keep players accountable for being shite. So what if De Ligt comes, do you really think that he'll bench Pique for any meaningful amount of time? Hell no, he'll do what he did to fucking Malcom or Semedo after they shat on Real Madrid. He'll reinstate Pique and bench his sorry ass for months at a time citing experience, seniority and such bullcrap as the main reason.

Last edited:
M

Medz

A flop in the making. Please go to United to play on Thursdays vs FC Johwhkawjlq in Europa League

Magyarkhan

I just read a an interview from MDL he wants playing time over money.... so ensure he can play enough games if he shows fighting spirit and skill in training and barca is fine...

Givenchy

he'd be a starter at Barca already. Lenglet will end up back on the bench regardless as Umtiti (if he stays) will be back in the starting 11 - you can thank Valverde for that

Raiola's plan seems to be; move De Ligt to United to soften the blow of Pogba leaving for Madrid and then 2-3 years time, he and De Ligt will decide its time to join Barca, kick up a fuss and thus we end up paying 100mil+

can't imagine United fans would be happy with that, its Ronaldo all over again

Arizona Scott

No no no, he is a complete moron! All I am saying is that he couldn't drop some players because their subs were even worse. Bob is shit and than Semedo comes on and he is equally bad. Suarez couldn't be subbed because his sub was FUCKING Boateng. That's all I am saying. When someone has quality he usually plays. Bigger problem is using some players wrong like he did with Coutinho. Another problem is using horrible tactics so that every player except Messi plays like a shit. I see that as a much bigger problem than starting Suarez or Busquets.

I agree with your positions Raketa, Valverde's problems are much bigger than team sheet selections and his substitutions.

Arizona Scott

Regarding Arthur and his lack of stamina, you are speaking like Busquets and Rakitic were the epitome of stamina over the course of the season. They were both knackered, slow and shite for majority of the time and yet when it came to being subbed out Arthur was first to go. Same with fucking Vidal who, strangely enough, was fitter than all of them combined.

The thing with Arthur was not just he gets tired (so does Rakitic and Vidal) but he was getting fatigue related muscle injuries which the other two guys were not. This is not rocket science, how Arthur was managed in the spring was directly related to his prior injury patterns, his conditioning, and risks associated with playing him high/intense minutes.

So what if De Ligt comes, do you really think that he'll bench Pique for any meaningful amount of time? Hell no, he'll do what he did to fucking Malcom or Semedo after they shat on Real Madrid. He'll reinstate Pique and bench his sorry ass for months at a time citing experience, seniority and such bullcrap as the main reason.

If De Ligt comes and is immediately makes the back line better he will play. Just like when fit Dembele, Arthur and Lenglet play though young and new to the squad. Semedo was terrible against Madrid and Bob was much better in the Madrid matches. Other matches Semedo played better, so have no idea what point you are trying to make bringing up the Madrid series.

Zidane82

If I am not mistaken, Sport or MD did a poll and even the local Catalan Barca fans don't want us to get Griezmann.

The overwhelming impression that I got from this forum as well as other Barca forums is most Barca fans don't want Griezmann. So I doubt his arrival will make Bartomeu's job easier if we do lose out on De Ligt.

The dressing room voted against getting him as well ..

Sorin

The thing with Arthur was not just he gets tired (so does Rakitic and Vidal) but he was getting fatigue related muscle injuries which the other two guys were not. This is not rocket science, how Arthur was managed in the spring was directly related to his prior injury patterns, his conditioning, and risks associated with playing him high/intense minutes.

If De Ligt comes and is immediately makes the back line better he will play. Just like when fit Dembele, Arthur and Lenglet play though young and new to the squad. Semedo was terrible against Madrid and Bob was much better in the Madrid matches. Other matches Semedo played better, so have no idea what point you are trying to make bringing up the Madrid series.

I wasn't talking about the Madrid matches from this season but the one from last year that finished 2-2 and we played with 10 men for the whole second half after Roberto was sent off. Semedo was subbed in for Coutinho and the dude had to contain RM's left flank on his own and he did great.

And the whole point of what I wrote is not that Semedo is somehow leagues above Bob and he should play all the matches. What I wanted to say is that he has enough quality that the drop off from Bob is minimal at best or nonexistent and depending on match-ups like the one against Liverpool, Semedo was actually more suited to start. First match against Liverpool, Bob was nowhere to be seen and as soon as Semedo was subbed in Mane's influence on the game dropped. What does he do in the return leg? He plays with Bob in the first 11 again. What was the reason for starting Bob again when Stevie Wonder could tell you that it's a bad decision? It was a brain dead decision based on what can only be explained by favoritism.

Another point was that I want to see fairness in his decisions. Ok, Semedo was atrocious in the first game against Real Madrid this spring. Fine, he was rightly substituted by Bob who had a great match. No complaints here. Why the fuck wasn't the same decision taken against Bob for the return leg against Liverpool? This is Valverde failing to keep "some" players accountable for their shit showings while the less favored ones are treated with a different measure.

Anyway, I'm not even that high on De Ligt right now since I believe that Pique is still better than him. I just hope that if we get him and Pique has his usual poor showings and business trips, Valverde won't keep pushing him in the first team 24/7, and will give De Ligt a run of 3 or 4 games at least, even if he falters here and there. Pique needs to see that he's not untouchable and can focus on his business ventures every time he wants. The only player that earned the right to be untouchable is Messi. Every other guy should be benched if their form is poor. That creates healthy competition and prevents complacency and suffice to say, we are the fucking champions at complacency.

Last edited:

Raketa10

He won't go to United just because Raiola wants to close Pogba deal with Juve. He is not that dumb not to mention that going to United would be a step back in his career.

FC433

^
Expected and I think that is a very wise decision. Hopefully, we invest in another young player, Nodombele?

mc_lovin

^
Expected and I think that is a very wise decision. Hopefully, we invest in another young player, Nodombele?

Dont think we should buy another midfielder. We are already stacked. No need to switch out our whole midfield in one transfer window. Would rather put the ~75ME into an attacker.

Home of Barca Fans