Matthijs de Ligt

mc_lovin

Just to put his transfer into perspective: Harry Maguire is quoted at 80ME... De Ligt makes a ton of sense even if Umtiti gets back to his best. Im still hopeful that De Ligt hasnt decided yet -Raiola got the offers and now its his turn to decide.

Donatello

I was optimistic before but after the last couple of days I don't think he will be joining us. I don't believe Raiola ever wanted him to join Barca and he is working as much as he can to prevent that from happening, no to mention PSG is offering more.

I don't knew whether its accurate or not,

We offered him 6M/year and De ligt was ok with that, their CL campaign was still on track so deal wasn't finalized then.

Soon after CL, Utd came with 10M/year, and De ligt wanted to up our offer but we didn't budge.

Now, PSG came with their recent offer of 12M/year. Barca haven't raised the offer yet again.

Messigician

Dude Raiola hates us after the Zlatan incident. Why the hell would he want us to get De Ligt.

Still waiting for the " But but Raiola isnt his agent just an advisor don't worry" people to show up and tell us all is well.

Givenchy

doesn't add up. if PSG are struggling to buy De Ligt with FFP on their ass, why are they even buying a CB when they have decent depth there? they still need a GK and midfielder afaik, any PSG fans able to enlighten us?

xxxxxx

doesn't add up. if PSG are struggling to buy De Ligt with FFP on their ass, why are they even buying a CB when they have decent depth there? they still need a GK and midfielder afaik, any PSG fans able to enlighten us?

It's because it's PSG. They're a poorly ran club. They only want him so they can stay relevant.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Maybe they will do the unthinkable and sell Mbappe? :tata:

Or they are banking on us being retards and losers that we are and buy Neymar back for some 200m plus?

Ammar17j

You guys are pathetic believing something that isn't even true [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] Are you serious believing SPORT nowadays? I thought you were smarter then that.. By the way PSG needs to sell players for FFP reasons.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You guys are pathetic believing something that isn't even true [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] Are you serious believing SPORT nowadays? I thought you were smarter then that.. By the way PSG needs to sell players for FFP reasons.

I don't think Sport is always right, of course not, but I don't think in this case why they would be specifically lying about it. SO FAR all signs from various publicly available sources are pointing to PSG signing De Ligt. That's it.

Newcomer

It is true that PSG has FFP up their ass. But Sport headline is not correct.

PSG needs to find 30 M€ before the end of the season to comply with FFP.
However, PSG will get their new sponsor Accor(from 25 to 60-75), Nike is supposed to up their deal (from 25 to 75 + bonus if good performances in CL) starting the next season. Also some players will be fully amortized.
That means that PSG will have enough financial space to invest in the summer (75 M transfer with 20 M wage over 5 years is 35 M a year for FFP). They can also anticipate the new TV rights coming in 2020-2021 to smoothen the deal over the years.

So, PSG doesn't sell those players to fund de Ligt at all. PSG is balancing this year account and, after they'll buy this summer, they'll sell around this time of the year next year too.
Even if PSG was not interested in de Ligt, they would have to sell to avoid any sanction from UEFA.

Newcomer

I don't think Sport is always right, of course not, but I don't think in this case why they would be specifically lying about it. SO FAR all signs from various publicly available sources are pointing to PSG signing De Ligt. That's it.

Those players being sold have nothing to do with de Ligt.

It is just that PSG didn't succeed in selling Kurzawa, Meunier, Jesé, Trapp, Areola maybe,... and they are forced to sell the young academy players who are easier to ship away (low salary, big potential).

Tackle

Mate, SPORT lies about everything. MD is a rag as well, but to be fair they at least have some sources from the board that leak them certain stories and use the paper to influence public opinion.

Why would SPORT be specifically lying about it? Quite simple actually. They know De Ligt to PSG is a trending topic so hoping on the bandwagon to provide some "supplementary information" that makes them appear credible is a shrewd move even though they have no real sources.

I've noticed that you're quite gullible and regularly post obvious rubbish reporting just so you can throw a fit over it.

Word of advice:

- Everything from SPORT is fake. If they get something correct it is usually by chance.
- MD are shite too. Keep an eye out for the information coming from the board. It's not difficult to spot after a while.
- Cadena Ser, RAC1 (NOT ROMERO), TV3, CAT RADIO, Onda Cero and COPE are usually pretty good. Be warned that not everything from these outlets is correct either and not every journalist working at the aforementioned stations are credible.

VN10

Have you seen a single qoute? The stories are all very JK Rowlingish. Imaginary. Commercial. Fictional.

Home of Barca Fans