Matthijs de Ligt

Givenchy

With lowballing I mean offering him a quite a lot below his apparent market value because Barca thinks he

a) wants to play there regardless and save some money
b) because they value him at that amount and/ or
c) they dont think its good for their wage structure

I agree that if a Chinese team would offer him 30m it's not market value but we are talking about European topclubs that compete on the highest level.

Not saying that barca should offer him 15m or that he is worth that much

we made De Ligt an offer before he got even more hype (justified hype) iirc? and since then we haven't moved on that offer - imo we were banking on Umtiti leaving but since hes staying Barto is reluctant to move for De Ligt the same way he did with Frenkie.

again, its all rumours at this stage but the wages being reported.. the kid is 19. the only young player worth those sort of wages is Mbappe and hes a forward. De Ligt won't give us anything different next season compared to a forward that can actually score in the CL (looking at Suarez here)

aslong as De Ligt doesn't go to PSG, i'm confident we can sign him in a few seasons time if Umtiti is still out and Todibo doesn't progress

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most of it is.

The European market is the most important and deciding aspect of the global football market and has, mainly through the top clubs, the biggest influence on the global football market. It's not China, where the market is a 'bubble' as you describe it. And even that wouldnt be wise to describe as a bubble. It's more of the price China pays to convice players to come play there. Similar to Qatar and some other rich middle Eastern competitions.

It's just funny, that you deny 'the actual market' while you, mister Lufty himself, decides it's not the actual market on your own.

Well I added that, cause you seem convinced of you own rubbish and present it as factual.

Who mentioned anything about China vs. Europe in the context of measuring market value here? A little salty and hurt from the other thread, aren't you?

No, of course China has nothing to do with this and since the best leagues are in Europe, the market value is determined mostly in Europe. So what? That means paying De Ligt 7.5m net a year is lowballing? By whose standard?

Just answer my damn question: How much do you think De Ligt should be paid?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
With lowballing I mean offering him a quite a lot below his apparent market value because Barca thinks he

a) wants to play there regardless and save some money
b) because they value him at that amount and/ or
c) they dont think its good for their wage structure

I agree that if a Chinese team would offer him 30m it's not market value but we are talking about European topclubs that compete on the highest level.

Not saying that barca should offer him 15m or that he is worth that much

What is De Ligt's apparent market value when it comes to salaries? Is there a standard or yardstick out there?

To me 7.5m net plus bonuses is more than enough for a 19-year-old CB who is on the rise. Again, just because PSG etc. are offering him crazy numbers that doesn't mean it reflects the reality. When several people are going after the same thing, of course price will go up to a point that is beyond reasonable because people are throwing whatever they have to have their hands on it.

Zidane82

Bookies still have the same odds , more or less , as about 5 days ago despite quite a few sources today suggesting that he’s made a decision and he’s chosen PSG ..

serghei

This guy is overplaying his hand big time. Just a gut feeling.

Frenkie used the great momentum of Ajax to land a dream move. That is how you do it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barca has Dembélé on €12m and FDJ on €10m, before bonuses. So how is De Ligt asking for more than his worth at €10m?

If we are paying De Jong 10m net for sure then De Ligt is very close, if not the same, according to Catalan sources.

At the same time, I'd say De Jong is more important than De Ligt, so if we are paying him slightly less than De Jong I am not surprised.

Newcomer

Real Madrid has joined the pursuit of the young Dutchman according to RMC.

With all the Neymar stuff, i don't really care about what happen with this one though. Getting (or not getting) de Ligt but losing Neymar would be an huge blow.

Beast

The Observer
He is a great great player , though several times i saw him suffer vs speedy players (Vs England , Spurs etc )
but he is young he can improve

Zidane82

Soooooo There’s a story circulating that Messi has DEMANDED that we buy De Light , Neymar and two other outfield players !!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That’s what sooo many said before we bought Neymar AND Suarez though

Messi certainly didn't demand us to buy Neymar or Suarez. They became pals after they got here.

I'd usually stay away from those stories of Messi demanding or wanting XXX player. In the case of Neymar there could be some truth to it as he is a very good friend of Neymar's but I still take it with a grain of salt. I don't think he knows De Ligt that much to demand anything.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Messi certainly didn't demand us to buy Neymar or Suarez. They became pals after they got here.

I'd usually stay away from those stories of Messi demanding or wanting XXX player. In the case of Neymar there could be some truth to it as he is a very good friend of Neymar's but I still take it with a grain of salt. I don't think he knows De Ligt that much to demand anything.
I wasn’t suggesting that Messi had anything to do with the original purchases of Neymar and Suarez ...

Home of Barca Fans