Matthijs de Ligt

Pericles

Some should integrate that the choice of footballers is no longer just for the club. A career is very short. The big players do not just want to fulfill a wish by going to play in a club they liked younger, they want to be at the heart of a project. De Ligt is not a priority for Barcelona. He was captain of Ajax, he brought his team to the semi-final of the Champions League, almost in the final. Coming to wax the bench under Valverde would be a sporty regression for him. Especially if it's to have less play time and less money than De Jong. If the PSG offers him an undisputed position to be the boss of the defense in the estate of Thiago Silva, with a salary of 15M, it is quite normal that he choose the PSG. Stop thinking that Barcelona is the Alphha and Omega football and that all players should come to your home, even if you play less and for less. You must also work with other clubs on the European scene and accept that some of them can make De Ligt a priority of their project and offer him an offer consistent with the importance that will be given to them in their project. De Ligt is a top priority for PSG, and the club shows it on the payslip and in its sports project.

Real Madrid lost to PSG for Mbappé. Instead of going to war with PSG, they have maintained excellent relations with the club, and the transition will be naturally for Mbappé when the time comes. Barcelona does not have the right strategy. It is in the interest of seeing club restore healthy relationships with PSG. For example, they are very interested in Coutinho and you want to get rid of them. You could find interesting deals and lay sound foundations for future negotiations. Instead, the management of your club leaves the field free to Real.

Ajax

Who mentioned anything about China vs. Europe in the context of measuring market value here? A little salty and hurt from the other thread, aren't you?

No, of course China has nothing to do with this and since the best leagues are in Europe, the market value is determined mostly in Europe. So what? That means paying De Ligt 7.5m net a year is lowballing? By whose standard?

Just answer my damn question: How much do you think De Ligt should be paid?

I would say the same as FdJ? I agree that FdJ is more valuable. He is of rarer breed and could become a Xavi like player in terms of dictating play for years. However, MdL was smart (or lucky) that he didnt sign last winter so his value went up..

Cant really say "6.3m plus 2m bonuses' Based on hours of research and the following graph

Also not saying Barca SHOULD buy him at any cost. There are positions that need reinforcement more than CB..

Sorin

Some should integrate that the choice of footballers is no longer just for the club. A career is very short. The big players do not just want to fulfill a wish by going to play in a club they liked younger, they want to be at the heart of a project. De Ligt is not a priority for Barcelona. He was captain of Ajax, he brought his team to the semi-final of the Champions League, almost in the final. Coming to wax the bench under Valverde would be a sporty regression for him. Especially if it's to have less play time and less money than De Jong. If the PSG offers him an undisputed position to be the boss of the defense in the estate of Thiago Silva, with a salary of 15M, it is quite normal that he choose the PSG. Stop thinking that Barcelona is the Alphha and Omega football and that all players should come to your home, even if you play less and for less. You must also work with other clubs on the European scene and accept that some of them can make De Ligt a priority of their project and offer him an offer consistent with the importance that will be given to them in their project. De Ligt is a top priority for PSG, and the club shows it on the payslip and in its sports project.

Real Madrid lost to PSG for Mbappé. Instead of going to war with PSG, they have maintained excellent relations with the club, and the transition will be naturally for Mbappé when the time comes. Barcelona does not have the right strategy. It is in the interest of seeing club restore healthy relationships with PSG. For example, they are very interested in Coutinho and you want to get rid of them. You could find interesting deals and lay sound foundations for future negotiations. Instead, the management of your club leaves the field free to Real.

Regarding the relations with PSG, I personally couldn't care less if they deteriorate even further. I'd rather we don't do any more business with them. Neither De Ligt, nor Mbappe will be the last great players on earth and maintaining good relations with the likes of Nasser and his cronies, in the off chance we will still want these players in the future, is not worth it from my pov.

Our board members have plenty other flaws that should be their downfall. Having bad relations with Paris Saint Germain is not one of them. For example, I fucking hate how we have treated big, respectable clubs like Dortmund, Liverpool, Santos etc. for their players. It was disgraceful. Keeping Valverde after the CL showings and the utterly boring style of play should hvae had them impeached already. The absolute lack of vision and scatter gun, panic buyings is another major flaw of our board members that should see them take a walk in 2021.

Good relations with Qatar's PR team? Fuck them.

Last edited:

Zidane82

The more I think about it the more I just don’t see De Ligt moving to PSG to play in a second class league playing against second rate players .. he must want to see his game develop/progress ... the move makes no sense .

Givenchy

The more I think about it the more I just don’t see De Ligt moving to PSG to play in a second class league playing against second rate players .. he must want to see his game develop/progress ... the move makes no sense .

the teams interested: Juve, Bayern, Barca and PSG

I'd say Juve would make the most sense in 1) he won't be trapped there his entire career and 2) learning from Chiellini and co

either way, this transfer saga was great at first but its boring now and imho doesnt warrant the hype/attention surrounding it

i'd love to see him and Frenkie unveiled together though

abbbs97

so tuesday this will finally be over.
catradio is hyping it up and they're the only ones who are reporting that de Ligt's decision will be made on tuesday. lets hope its good news for barca.

xXKonan

[tw]1142193025159966724[/tw]

Says according to the Telegraaf, Juventus Expects to sign him and are offering a salary of 15-20 Million euros a season.

Last edited:

abbbs97

15-20m a year for a 19 year old cb?? how can juve afford this while they still have ronaldo on wages?
anyway. nothings done yet. reminds me of the psg news that was the same a week ago. so nothing new afaik.

Home of Barca Fans