Matthijs de Ligt

Riordon

Thats insane. I wont blame the board for losing out on him. He is gonna be good but that’s simply too much

El Gato

Villarato!
Amazing how many times stars line up for Barca to get snubbed by their target. Either they're managed by Raiola or a crazy relative.

Couldn't make it up.

Givenchy

According to Miguel Rico, De Ligt's representative Mino Raiola is asking for €12m/year for his client and €10m commission for himself. A figure which Barça finds excessive. Ajax looking for a €75m fee.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...igt-raiola-comision-aja-fichaje-overmars.html

bingo

I knew as soon as fatrat got more involved we'd see the greed spread to young De Ligt, the worst possible agent a youngster could have. i think he'll end up at a PL club, maybe United as they are Raiola's latest bitch (see Pogba) then he'll move him around again and again for the rest of his career

Joan

Amazing how many times stars line up for Barca to get snubbed by their target. Either they're managed by Raiola or a crazy relative.

Couldn't make it up.

When exactly did De Ligt turn Barca down? Maybe I've missed something.

xXKonan

Raiola is not his main agent but he was hired on as an adviser to help get the best deal for him.

And yeah not even surprised if what Miguel Rico says is true. The fee and wages are one thing but the commission is right up that guy's alley.

Porque

The commission is something that Qatar can find a creative way to finance too like Neymar's release clause.

khaled_a_d

So you never made the offer? Surprising to hear.

We didn't make an offer but we are surely trying to get him, the question is how he did turn us down.
He is making a demand and we are reluctant to match, that is different than player turning us down

BBZ8800

I didn't know in which topic to post this video, so I decided to do it here.
A nice hindsight-test.
A video from January 2012, 7 years ago.
A list of 35 young footballers with the highest potential back then, who were supposed to be the next big thing back then.

As always, a success ratio of a player developing into "something" (I mean: a star, a starter, or a sub) for top clubs is around 20-25%.
A chance for a player to turn into a failure (playing for Uefa club teams, midtable teams or 2nd div teams) is in majority of these hindsight tests around 75-80%.
So, when people ask me where am I pulling these "pessimistic" numbers from?
Well, from the past, obviously.

Anyway, enjoy:

Maybe it will be clearer why Barca is not jumping on every young talent, especially when the price is 80M Euros.

Gnidrologist

This is wrong thread though as both dutchies have already established themselves as pivotal starters for national team and will walk into starting line up in in their next team whichever it will be with 95% probability. It's only question whether they will turn from solid to great players.

khaled_a_d

This is wrong thread though as both dutchies have already established themselves as pivotal starters for national team and will walk into starting line up in in their next team whichever it will be with 95% probability. It's only question whether they will turn from solid to great players.

I would say that the chances are 50% if we are generous with them. And Netherland are a rebuilding NT, good results in that friendly tournament doesn't change that. I mean who exactly on the bench of this NT that is competing with them and could play in good club?
I mean Jetro Willems was starter for same NT (likely a better version than current one) in Euro 2012 and doing so one year younger than De Ligt right now. And he surely never walk into any big club starting line up

Home of Barca Fans