Matthijs de Ligt

BBZ8800

This is wrong thread though as both dutchies have already established themselves as pivotal starters for national team and will walk into starting line up in in their next team whichever it will be with 95% probability. It's only question whether they will turn from solid to great players.

Their starting midfielders in the last few key matches were De Jong without big club experience, Wijnaldum and De Roon from a mighty Atalanta.
Even De Roon looked quite decent in that system, right?

Look, the current state of their hype is:
1. De Jong is a generational talent, and in the future the best or one of the best midfielders in the world. That sounds like better than a current level of Coutinho, Rakitic, Vidal etc, since they are not labelled as the best midfielders in the world, right?
So, De Jong is hyped to be better than what these peak guys currently are.
Well, we'll see about that, lol.
2. De Light is hyped to be one the best defenders in the world, or even the best one, right?
We'll see about that one also.

It might happen.
It might not.

Would you put 160M from your pocket on that bet?

Zidane82

Their starting midfielders in the last few key matches were De Jong without big club experience, Wijnaldum and De Roon from a mighty Atalanta.
Even De Roon looked quite decent in that system, right?

Look, the current state of their hype is:
1. De Jong is a generational talent, and in the future the best or one of the best midfielders in the world. That sounds like better than a current level of Coutinho, Rakitic, Vidal etc, since they are not labelled as the best midfielders in the world, right?
So, De Jong is hyped to be better than what these peak guys currently are.
Well, we'll see about that, lol.
2. De Light is hyped to be one the best defenders in the world, or even the best one, right?
We'll see about that one also.

It might happen.
It might not.

Would you put 160M from your pocket on that bet?
Well yes given that many in here would be happy to get flamin Kane over here and he's got a price target of £200 million

Gnidrologist

I don't care if they are overhyped or not (every youngster now days is, it's marketing i guess), i'm telling you that your video is irrelevant as these two are already established themselves as solid players, who aren't just 'promising' anymore. The doubt is if the hype is founded and they would really get to the very top, but it's clear that they're going to be playing regularly for a top club.

vlad

Throwing such money on 2 talents from legaue like eredivision... How football market evolved

vlad

I don't care if they are overhyped or not (every youngster now days is, it's marketing i guess), i'm telling you that your video is irrelevant as these two are already established themselves as solid players, who aren't just 'promising' anymore. The doubt is if the hype is founded and they would really get to the very top, but it's clear that they're going to be playing regularly for a top club.

They are established players in club that plays in eredivision:D

Oh, they are in first 11 in national team like nederland which is nowhere on football map since 2014... Those 2 kiddos are really having hard task

Haha, football market went to shit because young generation fans these days are so easy to get impressed, so clubs just follows the trend, shirts and similar needs to be sold

Gnidrologist

You may disagree, but i don't see any problem with them playing for Ajax. Monaco isn't by any means bigger club, but everyone already knew that Mbappe or even Silva will soon play for big club on regular bases and not just because they did well in CL that year. You can see high quality, when it's there and with good probability predict the next step. DJ and DL are both very mature players for their age and center pieces of their current teams. Can't be compared with a lot of no-names, who are solely judged by flashy youtube videos. Again, the question really is how high their ceiling is, as it still is with Mbappe or Dembele too.

The prices and wages are of course insane. It's just a sign of idiocracy we live in that guy, who kick ball for a living earns 20k a day, but that's not for us to change.

khaled_a_d

Monaco plays in a much better league actually, and Mpabbe was a phenomenal talent, they aren't even a comparable level to make such statement. He is just 8 months older than De Ligt and 2 years ago he was taking French league and CL by storm while winning league and reaching CL semi-finals.
Right now FDJ is probably less "established" than Gomes at same age, never mind Mpabbe.
De Ligt there might be an argument considering age and position and being with more experience.

Gnidrologist

This is really just an opinion of yours. Obviously talented forward, who scores goals, will be lauded more loudly than a deep lying midfielder and a CB. That's the way it goes. And ligue much beter league? Lol. When i occasionally watch QSG against someone else, the someone else looks like a team from segunda B, so no, i don't believe that even though i don't watch erde. It can't be even more shit.

stk93

wasnt PATO established for MILAN back then?? eredivise is shit.. ziyech looks like messi there. tadic (10 goals and 6 assists in 17 apps) and more.. tagliafico, blind. just imagine alena playing for ajax or psv..

BBZ8800

This is really just an opinion of yours. Obviously talented forward, who scores goals, will be lauded more loudly than a deep lying midfielder and a CB. That's the way it goes. And ligue much beter league? Lol. When i occasionally watch QSG against someone else, the someone else looks like a team from segunda B, so no, i don't believe that even though i don't watch erde. It can't be even more shit.

Don't be so sure.

Last few transfers (attackers and midfielders) from Netherlands:
Kluivert, Ajax to Roma for 19M Euros.
30 matches for Ajax, 10 goals.
Roma, a squad player, 14 matches, 1 goals.

Davy Klaassen, aged 22 and 23, scored 13 and 14 league goals as an attacking midfielder in his last 2 seasons for Ajax.
Sold to Everton for 27M Euros.
Played only 7 matches for Everton.
Scored 0 goals, failed hard, and got sold to Werder after 12 Months for only 13M.
Everton lost 14M in one year and shipped him as fast as they could.
Werder 17 matches, 2 goals.
Compared to almost a 50% ratio of goals scored per match in Netherlands.

Arkadiusz Milik banged 21 league goals in 31 matches as a 21 years old for Ajax.
What a talent, right? And still only 21.
Napoli bought him for 32M pre Neymar inflation.
In the next 3 seasons at Napoli, he scored 20 goals in total. 1 goal less than what he scored for Ajax in 1 season.

Cf Locadia from Psv.
Scored 9 goals in 15 matches in his last season for Psv.
Signed by Brighton.
Scored 3 goals in 21 EPL matches.

Memphis Depay aged 20 banged 22 league goals in 30 matches in his last season for Psv.
Sold to Man Utd pre Neymar for 34M Euros.
Scored 2 goals in 33 EPL matches for Man Utd :lol:

Are you THAT sure that with players from Dutch league it is 100% about talent/quality and not about extremely crappy league where everyone plays extremely attacking football, with extremely young and technical and light footballers?

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Didn't say that at all. The names you mentioned doesn't ring a bell except Kluivert and he wasn't all that hyped anyway. I make my judgement about DL and DJ from what i've seen them with my own eyes only. I never claim anything just based on hearsay or youtube video. Because Ajax has always been one of the clubs i support, i've been watching their games in CL since the qualifiers and also dutch NT and i can't help, but see that they both are high quality talents on their own merit, regardless of the league performances i haven't even seen this season.

Jombi

Are you THAT sure that with players from Dutch league is 100% about talent and not about extremely crappy league where everyone play extremely attacking football, with extremely young and technical and light footballers?

Sure, the league is shit but you are going in the other extreme just so you can say that you have the opposite opinion. It simply is not an option, no matter how much you want it, to splash big on Coutinho type of transfers and 29 year olds with two good seasons left in the tank all the time. We'll go bankrupt. Look at RM, they've spent 10m euros per season net for the last 7 years. We simply dont have the money that you think we have. "We are Barca, we will spend big on superstars and replace them with new superstars" is simply an unrealistic fantasy of yours.

El Gato

Villarato!
We didn't make an offer but we are surely trying to get him, the question is how he did turn us down.
He is making a demand and we are reluctant to match, that is different than player turning us down

Fair enough. So seems like another pretty decent piece of evidence hinting at Barca’s diminished pull. If players and their agents consistently hike prices up with club negotiators, then they don’t really seem bothered about joining this QUALITY SQUAD(!) in the first place. Pity.

Come on guys, pull your finger out and get the other lad.

serghei

Fair enough. So seems like another pretty decent piece of evidence hinting at Barca’s diminished pull. If players and their agents consistently hike prices up with club negotiators, then they don’t really seem bothered about joining this QUALITY SQUAD(!) in the first place. Pity.

There's no diminished pull, just a limited amount of money we can spend, unlike PSG and City who don't play by normal spending / earnings rules. We have a budget we need to stay in with our spendings. Their budget is whatever money they need. They just sign a new sponsorship contract with QTA, and voila, the money appear in their accounts like magic, as payment for some sort of laughable promotional deals everybody with a brain knows they're full of shit.

Last edited:

Joan

Isn't that what agents are supposed to do for their clients? If there are more options, he'll go to the club which offers the most. All it means is that De Ligt doesn't like Barca enough to lower his demands. And that the club's not willing to meet them. Don't know where you see snubbing.

Home of Barca Fans