Mavericky Puig

FinBarcelonafan

Even if that is accurate, FDJ for example, is a player who should be able to get our system, coming from ajax who follows the same philosophy.

Current Ajax and Barca have no similarities in system.
Barca has slow ball possession game and Ajax tries to move the ball quickly. It's like night and day difference.

Alik

Cover for De Jong to do what exactly? His trips high up the field bring next to nothing. Takes plenty of time to choose, not that much of a sharp passer. He's better suited for a deeper role.

Of course, should take a chance when one presents itself, but not force it like now.

This.

George_Costanza

Koeman: "Riqui? I don't like to talk about one player individually. The coach only analyzes the team. We have 25 players in the main team. Riqui has been doing well when he came on, and we'll see what happens tomorrow."

LMAO He really hates Puig.

JohnN

Current Ajax and Barca have no similarities in system.
Barca has slow ball possession game and Ajax tries to move the ball quickly. It's like night and day difference.

BBZ is saying no outsider player understands our "ideal" way of playing. And I say to that, FDJ surely understands the "Barca" way and philosophy. No one talked about our current shit football which has nothing to with with all that.

fergus90

Koeman: "Riqui? I don't like to talk about one player individually. The coach only analyzes the team. We have 25 players in the main team. Riqui has been doing well when he came on, and we'll see what happens tomorrow."

LMAO He really hates Puig.

It's also a case of a player he didn't deem good enough putting a spotlight on his questionable decision to initially discard him. I know it was talk of a loan but I expect Koeman would not of cared if he was sold in the summer either.

Difficult situation either way because people will then berate him for leaving him out for so long if he continues to make an impact.

His decision to discard Puig to me says he didn't watch any of last seasons games towards the end and came here with a pre-conceived bias of who he wanted in the squad and whom he didn't, with the exception of Pedri who seemed to win him over.

JohnN

It's also a case of a player he didn't deem good enough putting a spotlight on his questionable decision to initially discard him. I know it was talk of a loan but I expect Koeman would not of cared if he was sold in the summer either.

Difficult situation either way because people will then berate him for leaving him out for so long if he continues to make an impact.

His decision to discard Puig to me says he didn't watch any of last seasons games towards the end and came here with a pre-conceived bias of who he wanted in the squad and whom he didn't, with the exception of Pedri who seemed to win him over.

It surely shows what you said.
He came here, having never watched us play the last season and with a predefined idea before he even saw a single player.

Sterlingfan2000

"You are a leaker", Ronald Koeman told Riqui Puig in front of the entire dressing room ahead of the game with Elche for the Joan Gamper game back in September. The coach was sure that Riqui had leaked Koeman's decision for leaving him out of the squad list to the media. [el pa?s] https://t.co/dJKlDRrmsK

Rory

Thing is who's leaked this then? And ahead of today's game where he's most likely to start. Hmmm something smells fishy. IT'S BUSQUETS!

FinBarcelonafan

So what? Not sure what the fuzz is about. He told his few buddies he didn't make the roster.

If Koeman is still angry about that and puts his revenge over better of the team, that's a joke. Puig deserves his chance, leaker or not. We don't have any better players than him right now. Give him his chance.

fergus90

Koeman is starting to implode. Didn't this happen at Valencia as well at his last stint in Spain?

To be honest aside from International management, Koemans club management career has contained as many lows , if not more than highs.

Aside from the Barca history attaching him here, no top team is touching him with a barge pole. That isn’t reactionary either, that’s just a sensible evaluation of a 20 year management career.

Home of Barca Fans