Mavericky Puig

Laplacian

yeah that makes sense. Over the top reaction from him imo but if Puig wasn't part of his plans and then he did this plus he needs to show who has the authority. All fits together.

How does it make sense? This isn't top tier secretive news. Why should Puig be punished for going home and telling his girlfriend, parents, close friends, and his agent that "man first thing he said to me was that I wasn't going to play this season, can you believe that?" He's a human, wtf should he keep that kind of info pertaining to his future from those around him? Only irrational person here is Koeman. Who will just keep finding excuses not to play him until he's sacked.

Assuming the rumours are true.

xXKonan

Probably also the part of the lockeroom that's content losing 0-3 to Juve at home and giving up 1st spot in the group.

Cucks.
Not sure what is going on behind the scenes but on the pitch, Puig looks like a fighter to me.

Probably some of those guys can't stand the fact we have a CM who can at least put a real fight out there while the others just sit there and do fuck all.

BBZ8800

Not sure what is going on behind the scenes but on the pitch, Puig looks like a fighter to me.

Probably some of those guys can't stand the fact we have a CM who can at least put a real fight out there while the others just sit there and do fuck all.

Remember when there were media reports about Dembele being late on trainings, playing FIFA all not, eating unhealthy, not learning Spanish.
What was the first reaction of our fans?
= media is hating poor kid for no reason

Or, remember when reports started about Arthur's partying with Neymar, snowboarding, Stds, smoking, scooter etc.
= you are overreacting, guys, it is probably fake and bs

1. When a favorite new kid has some footballing flaws, people don't want to hear about it, reply with: he is young, he has potential and they minimize the importance of that flaw (as not too important skill)
2. If there are some rumors about off field mistakes/personality flaws about a favorite kid, what will be a usual reaction of fans?
= it is bs, exaggeration or irrelevant

So, leave the doors opened that stories like this are probably correct.

fergus90

I highly doubt it's true, would of been leaked months ago instead of on the day where he might start his first match. Papers just love to speculate. I think Koeman just simply didn't see him in his plans and saw different solutions in front of him for the spot he plays in. Then he explained how both Alena and Puig needed minutes to play and it would be tough to get them. Nothing more came of it.
It wouldn't be a normal day without some media circus at Barca. I guess the media needed something to talk about after all the Griezmann saga.

fergus90

Remember when there were media reports about Dembele being late on trainings, playing FIFA all not, eating unhealthy, not learning Spanish.

Or, remember when reports started about Arthur's partying with Neymar, snowboarding, Stds, smoking, scooter etc.

1. When a favorite new kid has some footballing flaws, people don't want to hear about it, reply with: he is young, he has potential and they minimize the importance of that flaw (as not too important skill)
2. If there are some rumors about off field mustskes/personality flaws about a favorite kid, what will be a usual reaction of fans?

Highly doubt it. Going by Koemans track record, Puig would be at a different club now or not training with the team.

xXKonan

2. If there are some rumors about off field mistakes/personality flaws about a favorite kid, what will be a usual reaction of fans?

I mean to be fair does Riqui look like a guy who would cause trouble in the Lockerroom?

Looks like a guy that if he cause trouble the poor kid would be stuffed in a Locker or dumped in a can like you would see in a typical 80s-90s Highschool Movie shit.

jairzinho

Curious to see how he plays in the starting lineup, even though i don't rate him. Seems to be another possession 'recycler'. We have enough of those. Our biggest problems right now are a leaking defense and misfiring front line.

Btw we have the highest possession out of all other teams in Europe so far. At least we're good at something. :lol:

Data from Europe's top five leagues – Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France – has shown Barcelona have the highest possession of any team, with C?diz having the lowest. [marca via @footballespana]

Laplacian

now that the "not physical enough for the game" is clearly not evident based on his performances lets move on to the next move: his personality is too much of an issue for the team LOL, and Koeman realised all of that within a week of watching Riqui play lmaooooooooo My man bbz really wants the 1.70m player gone from the club.

I'm not even a Puig simp like so many here (I'd trade Puig for Auoar), but even I can see the unjustified BS against this player.

Rory

How does it make sense? This isn't top tier secretive news. Why should Puig be punished for going home and telling his girlfriend, parents, close friends, and his agent that "man first thing he said to me was that I wasn't going to play this season, can you believe that?" He's a human, wtf should he keep that kind of info pertaining to his future from those around him? Only irrational person here is Koeman. Who will just keep finding excuses not to play him until he's sacked.

Assuming the rumours are true.

But is it that he went home and told his family/friends? I don't know. Maybe he broke some club protocol by doing that. I'm not saying he is actually guilty you've misunderstood. I was saying if those things are true then it makes sense. It's a load of ifs and buts so there's no point thinking about it too much and we'll probably never know the truth. Looks like he's back in the team so that's all that matters is we have one more player we can rely on.

JamDav1982

now that the "not physical enough for the game" is clearly not evident based on his performances lets move on to the next move: his personality is too much of an issue for the team LOL, and Koeman realised all of that within a week of watching Riqui play lmaooooooooo My man bbz really wants the 1.70m player gone from the club.

I'm not even a Puig simp like so many here (I'd trade Puig for Auoar), but even I can see the unjustified BS against this player.

There are still times when his physicality is lacking and he often avoids them. Works hard and is nippy to steal ball and helps team close down but his physicality is an issue.

The question is whether his ability makes up for it and it times it looked like it does but far from being his physicality is no issue at this point.

Deserves to start today but doubt he will.

George_Costanza

You are comparing apples to oranges. Dembele was such disappointment the first season, and some people here still believed in him. While Puig is the opposite, most here didn't believe in him but his performance, fighting spirit and on pitch attitude won them over.

Gnidrologist

So, the tender schoolboi Puig is suddenly a menace in the locker room. Yea rite. His work ethic and attitude on the pitch leaves such hearsay look highly dubious.

Home of Barca Fans