Mavericky Puig

FinBarcelonafan

To be honest aside from International management, Koemans club management career has contained as many lows , if not more than highs.

Aside from the Barca history attaching him here, no top team is touching him with a barge pole. That isn?t reactionary either, that?s just a sensible evaluation of a 20 year management career.

Totally true. Similar to Solksjaer.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The problem is that I see no improvements since begin of the season, i would even say we became worse and when i look to him during a loosing match it seems like he has no idea what to do.

Birdy

"You are a leaker", Ronald Koeman told Riqui Puig in front of the entire dressing room ahead of the game with Elche for the Joan Gamper game back in September. The coach was sure that Riqui had leaked Koeman's decision for leaving him out of the squad list to the media. [el pa?s] https://t.co/dJKlDRrmsK

When I say Koeman has done a few things to re-impose the authority of the coach, the above is one of them.
Proper reaction IMO.
Some would say that this is old-fashioned authoritative and humiliating attitude.
But this is how authority of the coach is secured. Do you think anyone would leak something that Zidane did not want at RM? Or anyone at Liverpool?
And now I remember some rumors that Cesc was leaking every line-up of Pep before the games in 2011-2, and Pep wanted him out.

We have to get back to the basics and do it right.
No footballer should assume authority above the coach.

If Puig's penalty for that is not being played for 4 months, maybe it was a right decision (if he realized his mistake now and shows a different conduct)

khaled_a_d

So what? Not sure what the fuzz is about. He told his few buddies he didn't make the roster.

If Koeman is still angry about that and puts his revenge over better of the team, that's a joke. Puig deserves his chance, leaker or not. We don't have any better players than him right now. Give him his chance.

No,leaking this type of things is huge deal.
This type of things played a role in ending Casillas career in RM. It is the type of bs thar coaches won't tolerate.

That said, I have no idea if this one is true, or why it is "leaked" now.

Porque

funny-gifs-theres-a-leak-in-the-boat.gif

From the footage, looks like it was Busquets.

George_Costanza

No,leaking this type of things is huge deal.
This type of things played a role in ending Casillas career in RM. It is the type of bs thar coaches won't tolerate.

That said, I have no idea if this one is true, or why it is "leaked" now.

LMAO How this is even a leaking? He didn't count on him and didn't include him in the squad. What's secretive about it? The media will know sooner or later.

Some of you really love dictatorship or absolute power.

Rory

Yeah tbh struggling to classify this as a leak. Especially for the gamper game ffs. Puig wasn't exactly a nailed on starter so it's like saying "Ok family and friends instead of sitting on the bench this game I'm not actually in the squad" woah what a tactical advantage that hands the other team.

serghei

This doesn't make sense to me, or maybe I don't understand it well. How can you leak something that everyone will know? If he was not in the squad vs Gamper, it means it was the manager's decision. Koeman made it no secret that Puig was not in his plans. How can you leak that?

JamDav1982

This doesn't make sense to me, or maybe I don't understand it well. How can you leak something that everyone will know? If he was not in the squad vs Gamper, it means it was the manager's decision. Koeman made it no secret that Puig was not in his plans. How can you leak that?

It came out before the squad list and that Koeman had advised him to go out on loan.

Rory

That makes even less sense. Surely if you're told to go out on loan you start telling people to generate interest for a potential loan deal? There's obviously more to this missing.

JamDav1982

That makes even less sense. Surely if you're told to go out on loan you start telling people to generate interest for a potential loan deal? There's obviously more to this missing.

It is more about when it was leaked and how news got out would think than any idea that no one would ever know Puig was available for loan.

Rory

It is more about when it was leaked and how news got out would think than any idea that no one would ever know Puig was available for loan.

yeah that makes sense. Over the top reaction from him imo but if Puig wasn't part of his plans and then he did this plus he needs to show who has the authority. All fits together.

Home of Barca Fans