Mavericky Puig

Potroh

So what's your priority? Team functioning better or a coach getting his way based on his emotional reasons?
Do you want team play better with Puig or play worse without him, because he supposedly wasn't liked by some dipshits?
Once again, which way, cule?

Come on folks, Koeman wanted to get rid of Puig when he joined Barca, and most probably has never seem him to train, at all. He simply dislikes this talented guy, which is understandable because Koeman actually was a very rough and physical defender himself, so obviously he likes the muscle-driven-warriors rather than a slim but technically talented player. Koeman is unfortunately once again plays the cards for himself and not for the club and the team, just as he did it in Valencia.

JamDav1982

Come on folks, Koeman wanted to get rid of Puig when he joined Barca, and most probably has never seem him to train, at all. He simply dislikes this talented guy, which is understandable because Koeman actually was a very rough and physical defender himself, so obviously he likes the muscle-driven-warriors rather than a slim but technically talented player. Koeman is unfortunately once again plays the cards for himself and not for the club and the team, just as he did it in Valencia.

No the reports of Puig being advised to go on loan was after almost three weeks of training and some friendlies no matter how often it gets repeated he want him gone as soon as he joined.

The 'muscle warriors' fails when see how much minutes Pedri has... another player he was said to advised to go on loan.

He is 'playing the cards' for what he sees as best for the team it is just some dont agree with it and make up reasons.

BBZ8800

Also notice how the argument is no longer "Puig can't perform, doesn't fit the system, is too small" from you, it's just about his attitude. The reason being because despite he's completely lack of minutes, he has still performed beyond your expectations and has outperformed your beloved Coutinho. Instead of admitting fault you'll just move on to another criteria of "critique", each succeeding one being harder to prove.

No, I didn't change my opinion about Puig.
He is not AS BAD as I thought, but still, imo, he will end as a starter for 10th placed La liga team at a peak of his career.
Something like Denis, or probably worse.

Further, if we have learned something over years, when the sample of matches is small, fans are blinded by hope and hype.

Arthur was the new Xavi in the first Months.
Dembele was the Black prinze, better than Mbappe and decade of dominance.
Malcom had that omg good match against Real which was by fans a proof how good he is.
Denis was pretty hyped in the first few matches for his vision, skills, Barca DNA.

That's "a forum honeymoon".
So, why bother repeating the same thing?

When Riki, like Arthur, Denis or Dembele will play more matches, tons of his flaws will emerge.

In short, I still don't rate him, but I am not as interested in endless fights&posts in circles, so I am not writing that much.

On top of his skills, he seems to be a leaky asshole, which is not good in teams sports where you need to be a part of a tribe.

JohnN

I would really like to see those intense training in which Puig failed to make an impression with his work attitude, but Busquets was on fire so he plays every game.

Laplacian

He is not AS BAD as I thought, but still, imo, he will end as a starter for 10th placed La liga team at a peak of his career.

Further, if we have learned something over years, when the sample of matches is small, fans are blinded by hope and hype.

Malcom had that omg good match against Real which was by fans a proof how good he is.
Denis was pretty hyped in the first few matches for his vision, skills, Barca DNA.

When Riki, like Arthur, Denis or Dembele will play more matches, tons of his flaws will emerge.

In short, I still don't rate him, but I am not as interested in endless fights&posts in circles, so I am not writing that much.

On top of his skills, he seems to be a leaky asshole, which is not good in teams sports where you need to be a part of a tribe.

You're dodging the bullet. I'm not saying he's some generational talent, I'm not even the least hyped about him. I'm saying he performs better than the regular starters. You can no longer claim he's being benched because he's not good enough, because clearly by his performances he's a better option than those who regularly play. You've went from that argument to caring about his attitude issues. It's easy to look like some football prophet when you omit all the occasions where your predictions went wrong.

Yeah you're not interested in running in circles, understandable. Can't wait for your 100th post on why Coutinho can't play normally because of Messi though.

JamDav1982

I would really like to see those intense training in which Puig failed to make an impression with his work attitude, but Busquets was on fire so he plays every game.

Like it or not there are different standards they expect in terms of intensity from a 32 year old playing every few days to a 21 year old trying to earn place in team.

Busquets is done but doesnt have any real correlation to Puig. Easier comparison would be someone like Pedri really.

JamDav1982

You're dodging the bullet. I'm not saying he's some generational talent, I'm not even the least hyped about him. I'm saying he performs better than the regular starters. You can no longer claim he's being benched because he's not good enough, because clearly by his performances he's a better option than those who regularly play. You've went from that argument to caring about his attitude issues. It's easy to look like some football prophet when you omit all the occasions where your predictions went wrong.

Yeah you're not interested in running in circles, understandable. Can't wait for your 100th post on why Coutinho can't play normally because of Messi though.

You are basing it on 20/30 mins in game that was already won/lost.

Cant just ignore that the coaching team see him far more than any of us every day.

There has been countless players that Barca fans froth at mouth about coaches ignoring them or not playing enough and cant think of any that have proved the coach wrong really.

From Mina, Todibo, Malcolm, Samper, Alena, Barta, Montoya even down to obviously not good enough B team players. It is the same every single season.

Laplacian

You are basing it on 20/30 mins in game that was already won/lost.

Cant just ignore that the coaching team see him far more than any of us every day.

There has been countless players that Barca fans froth at mouth about coaches ignoring them or not playing enough and cant think of any that have proved the coach wrong really.

From Mina, Todibo, Malcolm, Samper, Alena, Barta, Montoya even down to obviously not good enough B team players. It is the same every single season.

Good to know. I'm not "Barcelona fans" though, I am a fan, and none of those are players I paid attention to; that isn't a 'gotcha'. Also I'm pretty sure that literally 0 of the players you mentioned consistently performed better than their competitors with the minutes they had. Where's the parallel?

fergus90

To be honest the world has gone mad if a 21 year old footballer with barely any clout in the squad can cause such turmoil by telling someone he's been recommended to go on loan because the manager cannot guarantee him minutes. Why would the rest of the squad care if he's gone, he was non-existent until Setien took over bar pre-season games and copa del rey.

No different to Pjanic saying about his lack of minutes, Messi not turning up to training and saying he wanted out and still remaining captain, Griezmann saying he's played out of position.

I quite simply think Koeman doesn't rate him and Puig hasn't done enough in training to make him think he should reconsider his stance. He wasn't exactly too complimentary about Pjanic either and of course questioned Dembele at the beginning of the season.

JamDav1982

Good to know. I'm not "Barcelona fans" though, I am a fan, and none of those are players I paid attention to; that isn't a 'gotcha'. Also I'm pretty sure that literally 0 of the players you mentioned consistently performed better than their competitors with the minutes they had. Where's the parallel?

You are the latest on long line of Barca fans to overhype youngsters based on what have actually shown. All been guilty of it.

Most of those players were being argued to have performed to better than players in first team at one point or another.

The parrallel is obvious same arguments every season.

Puig probably does deserve some more minutes if looking at when he has got a chance but likes of you are over rating him and his showings and that is source of the frustration.

All this bollocks about 'politics' and Koeman leaking info when much more simple than that.

George_Costanza

Who says the coach is right? I am just wondering why you guys are so sure Puig is.

I assume you do watch Barca games as much as Netflix. Whenever Puig comes in you could instantly feel the change in speed and movement of the ball, increasing the tempo of the entire team, he brings authority, energy and spark. By far our best midfielder whenever he plays, which won him many MOTM including 2 of the biggest games this year.

This team lacks hunger and energy the most, and he is the player that has them the most. His energy, ball control and technique are very different from the rest and he is the missing piece of this team.

Him and Pedri should be the undisputed Midfield partners. I really don't care about FDJ nor Busquets and Pjanic.

Horatio

You're welcome
I assume you do watch Barca games as much as Netflix. Whenever Puig comes in you could instantly feel the change in speed and movement of the ball, increasing the tempo of the entire team, he brings authority, energy and spark. By far our best midfielder whenever he plays, which won him many MOTM including 2 of the biggest games this year.

This team lacks hunger and energy the most, and he is the player that has them the most. His energy, ball control and technique are very different from the rest and he is the missing piece of this team.

Him and Pedri should be the undisputed Midfield partners. I really don't care about FDJ nor Busquets and Pjanic.

I was excited as the next barca supporter to see puig play every time. But there is a reason he doesnt get fielded. And I dont buy the narrative Koeman doesnt like him personally. There is more going on.

Last edited:

Laplacian

You are the latest on long line of Barca fans to overhype youngsters based on what have actually shown. All been guilty of it.

Most of those players were being argued to have performed to better than players in first team at one point or another.

The parrallel is obvious same arguments every season.

Puig probably does deserve some more minutes if looking at when he has got a chance but likes of you are over rating him and his showings and that is source of the frustration.

All this bollocks about 'politics' and Koeman leaking info when much more simple than that.

Nice narrative, but that's not it.
Our midfield is at its worst in probably over 12 years, and there are nailed on starters who consistently perform like dog shit. I want proper midfield play, and what Puig has shown is that he adds mobility, vertically, and creativity to our line-up a stark contrast to what some starters show on a regular basis. What I want is for those who show results on the pitch to play over those that don't. I don't care where he ends up, I care about what he shows us now and it's better than our options.

This isn't hyping Barcelona youth, this is wanting the best possible line-up available based on on pitch results during this shitstorm of a period. Look at my post history: I couldn't care less about La Masia or youngsters in general.

Go on with the overrating and "remember Denis Suarez lelelele" narrative though.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nice narrative, but that's not it.
Our midfield is at its worst in probably over 12 years, and there are nailed on starters who consistently perform like dog shit. I want proper midfield play, and want Puig has shown is that he adds mobility, vertically, and creativity to our line-up a stark contrast to what some starters show on a regular basis. What I is for those who show results on the pitch to play over those that don't.

This isn't hyping Barcelona youth, this is wanting the best possible line-up available based on on pitch results during this shitstorm of a period. Look at my post history: I couldn't care less about La Masia or youngsters in general.

Go on with the overrating and "remember Denis Suarez lelelele" narrative though.

Same as they all say every year when latest young thing is there to moan about. Always get over rated for what actually shown and he has looked good at times.

Puig is not in competition with likes of Pjanic or Busi he is an attacking midfielder and in same areas as Pedri etc.

Why do you think Koeman doesnt play him more?

Never mentioned Suarez chief but another decent example.

Barca in an already small team are not going to line up with pedri and Puig. Folk are in cloud cukoo land expecting likes of that to happen.

Home of Barca Fans