Mavericky Puig

Birdy

Riqui Puig has reconsidered and is now willing to leave on loan to have more minutes. Real Betis are interested in him, but before loaning him out, Bar?a want to execute the clause in his contract to extend the player until 2023. [estadio deportivo]

Finally some sense kicked inside Puig.
Best for him atm to get solid game time at a team that plays somewhat similarly

fergus90

Positive news doesnt stop since Koemans arrival!

Well the real positive in this situation would have seen Puig getting continuity of the minutes he deserved. Koeman has done good things since he's arrived, management of Puig is not one of them.

fergus90

There are rumours Ac Milan are interested too. I know Massaro spoke highly of Puig before. Considering his age and contract situation, he'd be sensible to think about rejecting an extension if offered in the search for regular first team minutes elsewhere to progress his career properly.

JamDav1982

There are rumours Ac Milan are interested too. I know Massaro spoke highly of Puig before. Considering his age and contract situation, he'd be sensible to think about rejecting an extension if offered in the search for regular first team minutes elsewhere to progress his career properly.

Dont think he can reject the extension. Fairly sure it is at clubs discretion.

behindbrowneyes

Well the real positive in this situation would have seen Puig getting continuity of the minutes he deserved. Koeman has done good things since he's arrived, management of Puig is not one of them.

Koeman told him from the start that it will be difficult for him to get minutes. Puig lost half a season by being reluctant.

JohnN

He tried to get the minutes he thought he deserved. There is nothing wrong with that. It's better than just giving up from the start.
With another coach he would have probably gotten those minutes.
Anyway, as things stand he should go on a loan to get some playing time, even though I think it's our loss, giving away an asset of our team at this stage.

fergus90

Koeman told him from the start that it will be difficult for him to get minutes. Puig lost half a season by being reluctant.

Yeah but for most football clubs, playing well in your appearances awards you more playing time. Especially if your team was having its worst start for 30 years. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t in that situation. Plus Puig is from the Barcelona area so I guess ultimately it means more to him to stay and try to make it. Unfortunately that hasn’t worked out for him so far this season.
There is a lot of hype behind Puig, which I guess doesn’t actually do him any favours but I have to say personally out of all the La Masia kids of the last few years, he’s had the biggest positive impact bar Fati.

I think ultimately for his career he’d be sensible in asking to leave for free or a small sum in January as his contract is expiring soon, however that’s easy for me to say. But he’s at an age now where he should be playing every week or 2.

George_Costanza

IMO he should wait, election next month and either Font or Laporta will win the presidency which will be good for Puig. He will have someone to protect him. Unless Cowman report evidence that Puig is not performing well in matches (which he can't prove it), he will get a hairdryer treatment from Laporta for not playing La Masia's brightest kid.

The future is looking good for Puig.

Home of Barca Fans