Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

IMO he should wait, election next month and either Font or Laporta will win the presidency which will be good for Puig. He will have someone to protect him. Unless Cowman report evidence that Puig is not performing well in matches (which he can't prove it), he will get a hairdryer treatment from Laporta for not playing La Masia's brightest kid.

The future is looking good for Puig.

Unlikely the next president will instruct Koeman who to play at all.

Puig should go on loan and try to prove he is as good as some folk make out and come back with more senior football experience and possibly Xavi in charge.

George_Costanza

Unlikely the next president will instruct Koeman who to play at all.

Puig should go on loan and try to prove he is as good as some folk make out and come back with more senior football experience and possibly Xavi in charge.

Both Laporta and Font want Cowman out, so Cowman will think twice before pulling irrational man-management decisions especially when the president prioritize La Masia academy. Any decision is made by the coach should be accountable for, everyone must be accountable. Also, president/board always have a saying in who to play, that's especially true for expensive acquisitions such as Griezmann and Coutinho.

JamDav1982

Both Laporta and Font want Cowman out, so Cowman will think twice before pulling irrational man-management decisions especially when the president prioritize La Masia academy. Any decision is made by the coach should be accountable for, everyone must be accountable. Also, president/board always have a saying in who to play, that's especially true for expensive acquisitions such as Griezmann and Coutinho.

Laporta has not said he wants Koeman out most likely as he doesnt have a coach lined up but will try for Xavi if wins.

Plenty of La Masia players including Xavi almost left under Laporta as not prominent enough... he wont be instructing anyone to play them dont get hopes up on that.

The board wont be chosing who to play. Wait and see once Laporta wins.

I wonder what the excuses will be if Laporta/Xavi come in and Puig still not a starter...'Koeman ruined him' would be my guess.

Last edited:

serghei

Laporta has not said he wants Koeman out most likely as he doesnt have a coach lined up but will try for Xavi if wins.

Plenty of La Masia players including Xavi almost left under Laporta as not prominent enough... he wont be instructing anyone to play them dont get hopes up on that.

The board wont be chosing who to play. Wait and see once Laporta wins.

I wonder what the excuses will be if Laporta/Xavi come in and Puig still not a starter...'Koeman ruined him' would be my guess.

Except people don't really want Puig as a starter. Just to get more chances, after playing excellent in the little cameos he's had. Not too much to ask, but Koeman turned it into a feud with the player like he did before.

That ship has sailed since Koeman takes everything personally.

JamDav1982

Except people don't really want Puig as a starter. Just to get more chances, after playing excellent in the little cameos he's had. Not too much to ask, but Koeman turned it into a feud with the player like he did before.

That ship has sailed since Koeman takes everything personally.

The assumption is Koeman doesn?t like him. I think he just doesn?t rate what sees from him every day.

Whether he is right or wrong remains to be seen but not the first to not rate him as highly as a lot of fans do.

Joan

Should accept the coach doesn't rate him and that he likely won't play much under Koeman. Should've gone on a loan even earlier when told he wasn't part of the plan.

Gnidrologist

The assumption is Koeman doesn?t like him. I think he just doesn?t rate what sees from him every day.

Whether he is right or wrong remains to be seen but not the first to not rate him as highly as a lot of fans do.
In that case he's simply mentally retarded. No two ways about that given whom he has trusted to play week in week out.
Nah, it's really more believable that despite what his outward impression may tell, he's just insecure wanker, who base a lot of his man management decisions on emotional sympathy towards this or that player.

JamDav1982

In that case he's simply mentally retarded. No two ways about that given whom he has trusted to play week in week out.
Nah, it's really more believable that despite what his outward impression may tell, he's just insecure wanker, who base a lot of his man management decisions on emotional sympathy towards this or that player.

Nah if he thought was doing enough to play would play him. Winning matters more.

Let?s see how Laporte/Xavi treat Puig.

George_Costanza

Let?s see how Laporte/Xavi treat Puig.

You must be joking right? Xavi is Puig's mentor, his family and Puig's family know each other very well and they are from the same town Terrassa. Xavi said it many times that Puig will be a starter when he coach Barca, he asked him to move to Al Sadd last summer to be under his supervision.

This is Xavi with little Puig and his brother at his place.

xavi-riqui-eal0h-gwkaejzok.jpg

JamDav1982

Joking about what?

I give Xavi more respect than to think any relationship he would have with players in that way would make a difference to his handling of squad.

Quote about Xavi saying Puig will be a starter?

JamDav1982

We'll see. Setien liked him, Koeman doesn't. So far a conclusion can't be made.

What conclusions are being made?

Setien liked him more than Koeman agreed. Also didnt have likes of Pedri or Coutinho to play either.

Setien started him in 5 league games. They won two of them and then didnt start him in CL.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Joking about what?

I give Xavi more respect than to think any relationship he would have with players in that way would make a difference to his handling of squad.

Quote about Xavi saying Puig will be a starter?

Question since you became Puig's biggest hater taking the title from Vegitut, can you tell me in which game he performed bad? I mean we all care about performance and yet to find anyone criticize his performance, quite the opposite really, the only player I think of who won more MOTM than him was Messi if you apply performance per minute ratio.

While you keep defending losers like Coutinho. Your bias is showing bro and it's ugly.

JamDav1982

Question since you became Puig's biggest hater taking the title from Vegitut, can you tell me in which game he performed bad? I mean we all care about performance and yet to find anyone criticize his performance, quite the opposite really, the only player I think of who won more MOTM than him was Messi if you apply performance per minute ratio.

While you keep defending losers like Coutinho. Your bias is showing bro and it's ugly.

Haha 'Puigs biggest hater'. Nice.

If question if Puig is as good as likes of you make out must be a 'hater'. Great logic.

You managed to find any of your quotes about Xavi declaring he should be a starter?

You probably believe he was MOTM vs Juve...

Home of Barca Fans