Mavericky Puig

George_Costanza

Wish Koeman was more like that with the older players in Barca squad and Busi/Pique etc were told time is up as well. Decent enough start though with Raki, Vidal and Suarez out and more trust put in younger players than even since Peps time.

All those changes Cowman has little to do with, I thought he made it clear telling Suarez he isn't an invincible. That's about it.

Cowman speaking about Suarez's departure: "He trained normally, trained well. He finally made the choice to leave and I said: 'If you don't leave, for whatever reason, then you are just one of the group, then you can prove that I was wrong, I'm good with Luis, but THE CLUB felt that we had to rejuvenate."

JamDav1982

All those changes Cowman has little to do with, I thought he made it clear.

Cowman speaking about Suarez's departure: "He trained normally, trained well. He finally made the choice to leave and I said: 'If you don't leave, for whatever reason, then you are just one of the group, then you can prove that I was wrong, I'm good with Luis, but THE CLUB felt that we had to rejuvenate."

What is he saying Suarez should prove him wrong on if he didnt agree with Suarez going?

Is that quote supposed to prove he wanted him?

Great quote to back up my point. Cheers.

Regardless the point is wish he would be more ruthless if anything and Pique/Busi told time is up soon and keep the trust he is showing in the young players.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If it is true that Puig does not put a shift in during training sessions, he really needs to be sent out on loan to get a taste of actual top-flight football and become more independent. He's been Barca's darling boy for years and it seems it has gotten to his head.

George_Costanza

What is he saying Suarez should prove him wrong on if he didnt agree with Suarez going?

Is that quote supposed to prove he wanted him?

Great quote to back up my point. Cheers.

Regardless the point is wish he would be more ruthless if anything and Pique/Busi told time is up soon and keep the trust he is showing in the young players.

It proves that someone else pushed Suarez, Raki and Vidal out, not Cowman. Cowman just tried to push the youngsters out not the seniors.

What he said to Suarez proved nothing more than talk and no action. He kept playing under performing seniors and expensive signings. You need to improve on your critical thinking when you read :lol:

JamDav1982

It proves that someone else pushed Suarez, Raki and Vidal out, not Cowman. Cowman just tried to push the youngsters out not the seniors.

What he said to Suarez proved nothing more than talk and no action. He kept playing under performing seniors and expensive signings. You need to improve on your critical thinking when you read :lol:

Well when Koeman says Suarez could stay and prove him wrong and he is also part of WE and THE CLUB safe to assume agreed with decision.

Koeman has played more youngsters than even Pep and despite that I said still wish he would be more ruthless...simple.

'Koeman tried to push the youngsters out'... based on him not rating Puig and nothing more. Fact speak for themselves and guess who is playing a lot of the minutes in that same position more or less an 17/18 year old.

Played Fati as starter at 17, Pedri at 17, pushed for Dest and plays him at 20, plays Araujo and Mingueza at 21....but but he wants all youngsters gone as advised Puig to go on loan.

Top logic and critical thinking.

Last edited:

Daisymorr

I would really like to see this guy play alot more but maybe its hard to find a position for him in the team. Maybe he is a little lightweight for the midfield 3 but I have been very impressed with this guy whenever I have seen him.

If he does not work hard in training that may be because he is seeing other senior players do the same. When this happened under Rijkaard, Pep came in and removed any player with a lazy bad attitude. He did not want the younger players at the time (Messi, Busi, Pedro etc) thinking this was acceptable.

Puig has serious potential, in the right hands he could be a brilliant player for Barca.

Gnidrologist

Great to see this match. The venue, where Puig would be like a water to a thirsty cattle. But he gets a fuck-you-sub in the 88th, when Cowshit has already failed. Failed at tactics, failed at man management and failed at his ego management.
I wouldn't fucking give a shit if Puig is a crack addict. This was exactly the situation, where you put someone like him in, but Cowman only listens to his Cow spirit. He doesn't give a shit about interests of the club and fans.

JohnN

This was a "take this you little shit" kind of sub.
Great attitude from Koeman. Spreading bs about him and using him like this. Shows his character again and again.

Richard.H

A "fuk off" substitution that made little sense. I really hope he goes to Betis and turns their team around. They need someone like Puig.

fergus90

Both his La Liga appearances have been in the 88th minute when Barca are chasing a result. With Coutinho possibly injured, he needs a fair crack at the whip now if he isn't getting loaned.

gregorrin10

Both his La Liga appearances have been in the 88th minute when Barca are chasing a result. With Coutinho possibly injured, he needs a fair crack at the whip now if he isn't getting loaned.

Koeman will rather loan him and bring in another one of his Dutch bums than actually give Puig a chance, i'm sure of it. That's why Puig must remain strong willed for 3 more weeks and refuse to leave (can't get much worse than it is now anyway) cause I'm sure that if we don't string a run of all wins until the elections (which is almost impossible) Conman will (thankfully) be sacked within a week of Font/Laporta coming in, and we'll be back most likely to 4-3-3 and Puig getting a 'first sub' status or even starting spot shortly after that, let it be under Xavi right away, or under caretaker like Pimienta.

Home of Barca Fans