Mavericky Puig

fergus90

You hear time and time again that 3 managers didn't rate him yet, name a list of of youngsters Valverde trusted bar Fati? Plus when Valverde joined Puig was 18/19. He did give him Copa and Liga debuts though.

Under Setien he started to feature frequently, but again youth wasn't exactly a prominent feature of that Barca team. Some games the average age of the team was 30+.

There is the misconception that a player has to be some seasoned player with 150+ games under their belt by 22. The reality is, many top players e.g. Klose, Toni, Ian Wright, Vardy, Kante, Mahrez played at the top level for the first time in their mid 20's, Didier Drogba turned pro at 21.

Before anyone thinks im comparing Puig with them, I'm not. But not every career follows the same trajectory. He should leave though, what is the point of staying under a manager that doesn't rate you. Get yourself some games elsewhere.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Would be unfortunately, if true, because he might be great assest even at this stage, let alone if improve. His presence change our play to the better from what i've seen. Especially if we chase a goal. I'm not saying we would necessarily start winning matches with him, but having additional option and disregarding it is just hard to look past, when you're supporter of the team and not coach. Let's see what happens.

Haha 'when you are a supporter of the team not the coach'.

Trying to hide the lies behind snide comments now.

JohnN

Koeman is known to have personal vendettas with players and he has been proven to be wrong about players too.
It isn't far reaching to say he has something personal with Puig.
If that personal issue is because of Puigs attitude during training sessions, that's another issue and totally plausible.
Although, Puigs attitude in games is really far from "doesn't try enough to convince the coach" which suggests that trying hard is not the issue.
The only real possibility and a thing we cannot not for sure, is his attitude towards the coach.
That is literally the only factor we are 100% unaware of.
For all the others we at least have clues.
So that's the storyline..

JamDav1982

Koeman is known to have personal vendettas with players and he has been proven to be wrong about players too.
It isn't far reaching to say he has something personal with Puig.
If that personal issue is because of Puigs attitude during training sessions, that's another issue and totally plausible.
Although, Puigs attitude in games is really far from "doesn't try enough to convince the coach" which suggests that trying hard is not the issue.
The only real possibility and a thing we cannot not for sure, is his attitude towards the coach.
That is literally the only factor we are 100% unaware of.
For all the others we at least have clues.
So that's the storyline..

Could say same about just about every top coach and not liking certain players... Pep has had his as had Fergie and in virtually every case it is football/attitude based.

What would he have that is personal with Puig that does not translate to football? He is pretty much openly saying he does not think he applies himself well enough or trains well enough consistently.

fergus90

Could say same about just about every top coach and not liking certain players... Pep has had his as had Fergie and in virtually every case it is football/attitude based.

What would he have that is personal with Puig that does not translate to football? He is pretty much openly saying he does not think he applies himself well enough or trains well enough consistently.

I still get nightmares over Peps decision with Eto'o. Massive blunder that was.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why has the issue of Puig leaking information all of a sudden become a non-factor? Nobody is using it as an argument as to why he is or is not playing lol.

If it is true it is a big reason not to play him.

fergus90

Why has the issue of Puig leaking information all of a sudden become a non-factor? Nobody is using it as an argument as to why he is or is not playing lol.

If it is true it is a big reason not to play him.

Because it's non sensical, seeing as Griezmann was moaning about his position and played, Pjanic moaned about his lack of minutes and played. That was all media gossip and the bloke who spread the news Lluis Canut is known to be close to Koeman. Just stirring controversy for the sake of it. Hardly ground breaking a 21 year old saying he's been told to go on loan.

JamDav1982

Because it's non sensical, seeing as Griezmann was moaning about his position and played, Pjanic moaned about his lack of minutes and played. That was all media gossip and the bloke who spread the news Lluis Canut is known to be close to Koeman. Just stirring controversy for the sake of it. Hardly ground breaking a 21 year old saying he's been told to go on loan.

Like it or not coaches wont like younger players acting in a way older players get away with.

Players coming out in press and saying they want to play more is fairly common and if anything should be expected as it is almost a given that all players want that.

I dont think anyone has suggested that the reason Puig does not play is only because Koeman thinks a private chat between them was leaked to press.

JohnN

On the contrary, I said it most probably has something to do with his attitude, so it is football related.

About coach biased, no, you can't claim all are like Koeman, sorry. He has a history about this stuff.

He doesn't like Puig for reasons we cannot know.
I don't get all the discussion about it.
When I, personally say he has something with Puig, I don't mean it like Puig shagged his wife or something.

JamDav1982

On the contrary, I said it most probably has something to do with his attitude, so it is football related.

About coach biased, no, you can't claim all are like Koeman, sorry. He has a history about this stuff.

He doesn't like Puig for reasons we cannot know.
I don't get all the discussion about it.
When I, personally say he has something with Puig, I don't mean it like Puig shagged his wife or something.

Yes 'most probably' as if it could be a 'personal vendetta' against him for reasons other than football related.

From the rumours and comments it seems that Koeman thinks he doesnt train hard enough and acts above his station. Not sure what else it could possibly be other than that or just nit rating him as a player.

George_Costanza

On the one hand, it's possible Koeman has something personal against Leaqui so he's not given minutes.

On the other hand, Valverde didn't trust him, nor does Koeman, and none of the NT youth coaches trusted him. Setien, who's a noone, gave him some, limited minutes. They don't have to be right, but seems something might be off with his off field behaviour.

man, Valverde didn't trust any youngsters, NOT even Ansu Fati. It happens that Suarez and Demeble were injured at the time, and we just signed the Grease guy. It was pure luck. Even Barca B manager was surprised to see EV present in the youth training and said it was his first visit in two and half years. :lol:

To trust a youngster is against his cult rules. Trust me, I read your cult's Quran.

JamDav1982

man, Valverde didn't trust any youngsters, NOT even Ansu Fati. It happens that Suarez and Demeble were injured at the time, and we just signed the Grease guy. It was pure luck. Even Barca B manager was surprised to see EV present in the youth training and said it was his first visit in two and half years. :lol:

To trust a youngster is against his cult rules. Trust me, I read your cult's Quran.

He did trust Fati and had other options every game and older players in B team etc.

At time it was discussed and folk were coming up with plenty of alterntives that EV would come up with rather than play him after those first few minutes as if that was a token gesture.

George_Costanza

He did trust Fati and had other options every game and older players in B team etc.

At time it was discussed and folk were coming up with plenty of alterntives that EV would come up with rather than play him after those first few minutes as if that was a token gesture.

Dude why are you still arguing here? LMAO Go enjoy life, maybe plan to have a NY eve sex, BBZ could give you a good advice on relationships. You waste so much energy try to prove authorities are always right. Be it Bartomeu, the board, Valverde and now Cowman, always on the wrong side.

JamDav1982

Dude why are you still arguing here? LMAO Go enjoy life, maybe plan to have a NY eve sex, BBZ could give you a good advice on relationships. You waste so much energy try to prove authorities are always right. Be it Bartomeu, the board, Valverde and now Cowman, always on the wrong side.

No relationship advice needed cheers chief.

You waste too much energy making up shit to try and back up a view you have.

EV trusted Fati and played him when had other options. Simple.

Home of Barca Fans