Mavericky Puig

serghei

For Xavi to be fair to a player of Puigs ability what minutes/starts should he expect and role in team?

About 6-7 starts per season and 20-30 min or so regularly from the bench.

So, about 1500-2000 mins for the first season, and then we can reassess his situation based on performances.

Role should be squad player, but not clear starter. Should play as a sub for Pedri, and should basically take over all of Coutinho's minutes as AM.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

About 6-7 starts per season and 20-30 min or so regularly from the bench.

So, about 1500 mins for the first season, and then we can reassess his situation based on performances.

First season being next season?

Two more starts than Koeman who 'hated him'. Not all that much.

Would he be expecting similar/more minutes than Gavi/Nico?

serghei

First season being next season?

Two more starts than Koeman who 'hated him'. Not all that much.

Would he be expecting similar/more minutes than Gavi/Nico?

Triple minutes than Koeman gave him. I'd say it's a huge difference.

Yea, similar to Gavi and Nico. All should be rotated. Nobody should be a bench warmer.

JamDav1982

Triple minutes than Koeman gave him. I'd say it's a huge difference.

Yea, similar to Gavi and Nico. All should be rotated. Nobody should be a bench warmer.

So less than 1500 minutes he is a bench warmer and not given a fair chance from 2022/2023 season.

Lets see.

You are talking about rotating three subs for two positions most likely and Nico/Gavi being rated at same level.

Do you rate Puig to give similar level performances than Nico/Gavi in those minutes? All on same level roughly?

Bobo32

He got just under 600mins last season, half of it in the league.

My famous words were said in relation to his playing time, you can't really judge a player who doesn't play. I am very much looking forward to seeing Puigs performance under Xavi, I do not think he'll be seated for 2 months after having games like the one he had against Juve for example, under Xavi. That was the main reason why some people were furious I guess, Puig played well and then he wasn't playing anyway.

I look forward to seeing both Puig and Gavi, and also how Xavi can use Pedri and de Jong, I think we'll see him instruct them A LOT, and have them playing differently.

serghei

The idea is that we have a bunch of youngsters who have different skills and different flaws.

Gavi is physical and pretty fast, able to contribute in both defense and attack, but so far lacks vision for key passes.
Pedri is the most all around matured of all, but lacks speed and this is why he doesn't do very well in attack. Normally Gavi and Pedri are the most alike, with speed and creativity reversed.
Puig takes the most risk, is fast, best dribbler of all, has the best eye for pass but is agitated and inconsistent. Also can suffer physically because he is short and skinny so this would make him the poorest defender if you don't press high.
Nico is strong, fairly skillful, but looks slow and also makes the most technical errors out of all four.

So, we need a manager that will integrate their skills and know how to mask their flaws by coming up with a proper plan.

All 4 should play. Pedri the most minutes because he has the most experience by far.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

All players are different more or less but they are still judged and picked ahead of one another for various reasons.

You rate Puig on a level with Gavi and Nico and think should get equal minutes at around 1500 a season.

Giving bench midfielders 4500 minutes across a season is a lot and expecting any player who is 5th choice when two positions available to get 1500 doesnt seem realistic.

Unless FDJ is played deeper and Busi rotated a lot cant see it.

Lets see if Xavi rates Puig on same level as Nico and Gavi and can give all of them those minutes or one of them at least is a bench warmer.

Injuries can play a part though.

serghei

All players are different more or less but they are still judged and picked ahead of one another for various reasons.

You rate Puig on a level with Gavi and Nico and think should get equal minutes at around 1500 a season.

Giving bench midfielders 4500 minutes across a season is a lot and expecting any player who is 5th choice when two positions 1500 doesnt seem realistic.

Lets see if Xavi rates Puig on same level as Nico and Gavi and can give all of them those minutes or one of them at least is a bench warmer.

You could mix it up a bit. For example, if you have a problem in offense with some injured player, I'd rather play someone like Gavi or Puig as a RW, than someone like Roberto or that disaster-class Coutinho. If you are to improvise.

JamDav1982

You could mix it up a bit. For example, if you have a problem in offense with some injured player, I'd rather play someone like Gavi or Puig as a RW, than someone like Roberto. If you are to improvise.

The way Xavi plays cant see Gavi or Puig on wing and when team has options.

As I said lets see if Xavi rates Puig with Gavi/Nico and all three can get the minutes you think is fair.

Injuries permitting cant see it.

serghei

The way Xavi plays cant see Gavi or Puig on wing and when team has options.

As I said lets see if Xavi rates Puig with Gavi/Nico and all three can get the minutes you think is fair.

Injuries permitting cant see it.

Maybe it's not going to be even split for everybody. Maybe we think Busi is gonna be out but he ends up playing better. But the main thing is you have to use the squad better. Koeman didn't do it. Failed to use Puig and Pjanic when both could have contributed more and instead we lost steam right near the end, which caused us to lose the title vs some mediocre teams.

vegitot

The idea is that we have a bunch of youngsters who have different skills and different flaws.

Gavi is physical and pretty fast, able to contribute in both defense and attack, but so far lacks vision for key passes.
Pedri is the most all around matured of all, but lacks speed and this is why he doesn't do very well in attack. Normally Gavi and Pedri are the most alike, with speed and creativity reversed.
Puig takes the most risk, is fast, best dribbler of all, has the best eye for pass but is agitated and inconsistent. Also can suffer physically because he is short and skinny so this would make him the poorest defender if you don't press high.
Nico is strong, fairly skillful, but looks slow and also makes the most technical errors out of all four.

So, we need a manager that will integrate their skills and know how to mask their flaws by coming up with a proper plan.

All 4 should play. Pedri the most minutes because he has the most experience by far.

Can you show me some edvidences that Puig takes the most risk, best dribbler, best eyes for the pass??? What is his chance created, through ball, dribbling stats??? Seem bullshit stuffs.

jamrock

The puig haters can't give the young man a break, he will play more & contribute more than under koeman or he won't.

Only bobo thinks the kid is the next coming of xavi, but his haters make it out like some who say he can definitely contribute off more the bench, is saying he is better than Frankie lol.

Home of Barca Fans