Mavericky Puig

Horatio

You're welcome
tbf there might be some truth to it. possibly because riqui is a smug teenager from a rich family? don't know.

otherwise the likes of denis, alena or rafinha had more chances when we had a more mature team than this one.

theoretically all the young guys should be getting minutes in our current side.

either riqui is atrocious(don't think that's the case) or probably not liked enough by coaches.

i too think that he hasn't lived up to the expectations, but on the other hand nico gets minutes all the time. and don't see him as some special talent.

I think none of the coaches like Puig's physicality. That's why they rather invest minutes in Nico and whichever other option.

Even if Xavi or Koeman or any of the other coaches didn't thinik the world of Puig personality-wise, he would have played much more anyways if they thought he had potential.

JamDav1982

His physicality, limitations on the ball and poor positional sense.

He is worse at all three than every other Barca midfielder by a long way.

Horatio

You're welcome
But my point is if out of those three first was in check he would get more minutes and chances. But because of the 2nd and 3rd + the first one that is a death sentence I guess.

iniestaGOAT

I think none of the coaches like Puig's physicality. That's why they rather invest minutes in Nico and whichever other option.

Even if Xavi or Koeman or any of the other coaches didn't thinik the world of Puig personality-wise, he would have played much more anyways if they thought he had potential.

Nothing to do with physicality. Nico is class. Puig is disasterclass.

Porque

Elite substitute bench ability shown today. Positioned himself between Pique and Busquets. When both come on in the second half he looked lost however. Probably the reason we didn't win.

Tackle

I thought he was quite poor apart from the goal. Some nice touches and brought energy, but was turning the ball over for fun and had no idea where to position himself.

Home of Barca Fans