Mavericky Puig

malvolio

Still waiting for serghei's post passing off Xavi does not like Puig personally claim as fact.

tbf there might be some truth to it. possibly because riqui is a smug teenager from a rich family? don't know.

otherwise the likes of denis, alena or rafinha had more chances when we had a more mature team than this one.

theoretically all the young guys should be getting minutes in our current side.

either riqui is atrocious(don't think that's the case) or probably not liked enough by coaches.

i too think that he hasn't lived up to the expectations, but on the other hand nico gets minutes all the time. and don't see him as some special talent.

Last edited:

Dammie10

I can?t help it but this guy always gives me a sneaky feeling. Everytime when the camera is pointed at him on the bench he stops talking and looks straight forward. Like he?s gossiping about the coach or players. Very aware of his surroundings. Koeman didn?t trusted him and I could understand that. The time Mingueza got substituted after a fault he was warming up and gave him a tap on the head but immediately looked at the ground as if he didn?t do anything. Yesterday I saw him again talking and scanning around. I could be totally wrong off course but it?s a vibe he gives me.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I can?t help it but this guy always gives me a sneaky feeling. Everytime when the camera is pointed at him on the bench he stops talking and looks straight forward. Like he?s gossiping about the coach or players. Very aware of his surroundings. Koeman didn?t trusted him and I could understand that. The time Mingueza got substituted after a fault he was warming up and gave him a tap on the head but immediately looked at the ground as if he didn?t do anything. Yesterday I saw him again talking and scanning around. I could be totally wrong off course but it?s a vibe he gives me.

He's a sleazy slimy guy, that much is evident by body language

Catta

You just need to see how all the youngsters at the club are friends of the pitch between themselves, except with Puig. No one from the new generation of players likes him. They all got to Barcas first team because of hard work, while Puig got his place because of politics and connections.

xXKonan

You just need to see how all the youngsters at the club are friends of the pitch between themselves, except with Puig. No one from the new generation of players likes him. They all got to Barcas first team because of hard work, while Puig got his place because of politics and connections.
I'm pretty certain there were rumors that a lot of the young players and even senior players in the first team didn't seem to like him much due to his personality behind the scenes.

I strickly remember an article that many players in the team didn't really have any sympathy in regards to Puig's situation within the team under Koeman.

JamDav1982

It's a pretty simple agenda. Xavi's goal is to win tight games and ensure a Champion's League spot by a more conservative choice of players. There's no wiggle room at the moment.

Puig does nothing to open game up and has no idea how to play CM. Likes of Gavi and Pedri are levels above him and have more about them to take the risks to open the game up.

Simple.

Xavis agenda is wanting to win games and not some idea that some Puig fan boys have about the most over rated La Masia payer ever to come through.

Home of Barca Fans