Mavericky Puig

ajnotkeith

Xavi playing personal politics just like Koeman, fucking sad even the biggest sport in the world will hold back talent. I watched this happen too many times in women's volleyball both collegiate and national level but I just assumed it was because it's not a big money sport and there's no accountability for coaches. This is purely factual as players who were superior in every statistical category were benched over others who the coaches liked more on a personal level. Worst when it was revealed by TV commentators the coaches were friends with the player's parents.

Have you ever considered your analysis may be wrong?

Puig comes from a rich Catalan family and he is well connected with Xavi and the board. Laporta even told the press when Koeman was here that his renewal would be conditioned on playing Puig.

All that and he still can't see a minute. Makes you think of where he would be if he started at Malaga or something.

CatalinR10

Puig comes from a rich Catalan family and he is well connected with Xavi and the board. Laporta even told the press when Koeman was here that his renewal would be conditioned on playing Puig.

All that and he still can't see a minute. Makes you think of where he would be if he started at Malaga or something.

Maybe if he wasn't at Barca due to his rich connections , he wouldn't have been a football player at all .

Co0ter

I dont think he is or was a WC talent for us, but I do know that for a long time whenever he was given playing time he actually played pretty well...especially when coming off the bench late in the match. I was surprised he didnt get more chances, but it's been the same with multiple coaches so it's either his attitude or he's been training poorly.

xXKonan

from all the flops halilovic flopping hurts the most...guy was incredible when he was young.
Didn't help that there were rumors his entourage was a big issue and he seemed too full of himself to listen to proper advice.

His move to Hamburg after ignoring our advice ended up being the downfall. I can't believe he and his entourage thought that move was a good idea.

Joan

Didn't help that there were rumors his entourage was a big issue and he seemed too full of himself to listen to proper advice.

His move to Hamburg after ignoring our advice ended up being the downfall. I can't believe he and his entourage thought that move was a good idea.

Shit mentality in question. He was never going to make it.

Similar case to another Dinamo player, Petković. Who (albeit older) is experiencing a similar meltdown after overrating his abilities.

xXKonan

Shit mentality in question. He was never going to make it.

Similar case to another Dinamo player, Petković. Who (albeit older) is experiencing a similar meltdown after overrating his abilities.
Remember Ante Coric?

Was linked with some big sides like Manchester City, and many considered him a big up incoming talent. Got his move to Roma but ended up flopping big time and has been stuck in loan hell for years now.

Iniesta Ultra

I'm half Japanese and my bloodline comes from one of the top samurai lineages in Japan. I would be a wc professional volleyball setter if I were at least 8" taller. I have no doubt in my ability to assess skill.

Laplacian

Sounds a bit like you when you joined the forum and would yell at people about your Spartan lineage no one cared about lol

Spartan lineage, didn't they go extinct like over 2000 years ago? How would you even be able to assess your lineage when it was that long ago :lol:

Bobo32

At 2:06 Puig tiki taka to Alves three straight identical passes which made his defenders back off and allowed him move past them but Alves didn't return the fourth pass which he asked for arms pointing down. Simple yet such creative football!

Yeah he showed himself there, but Alves progressed OK, and then Puig was fast to support perfectly on the other side. This video from his last (?) Barcelona game shows a very supportive player, roaming to help all over the pitch with simple, safe and controlled passes, while always looking for a creative option. I think he is exactly what is needed for Barcelona, a perfect fit. Pedri roams too slowly and is too unambitious, Frenkie roams but is too slow-minded. Frenkie and Pedri might be technically superior to Puig, but Puig brings some energy and spark to the middle of the pitch: his connection especially to players like Busquets, Alves and previously Messi is very striking, look at the ease with which they combine past the press multiple times in that video. It's a 4:04 video of a 18 minute game, and still it seems less fluffed-out than some 2-minute compilations of Pedris or Gavis games.

Bobo32

530 pages on barcaforum, 53 first team games.

Stunning ratio :worthy:

Top 2 posters: vegitot, JamDav1982

At least one of them LOVED Puig in the beginning pages OTT thread, but most of the posts are them moaning sillily. However, Puig makes people feel!

Home of Barca Fans