And they will lean that way forever
While Riqui holds the mirror

And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you know that he will trust you
For you've touched his perfect body with your mind

Andresito

Staff member
Your canard about a free Puig only being of interest for three clubs is too stupid to respond to, really silly of you to take that as granted, and your attempted sarcasm there is just as silly, no one is supposing he'll become better than Xavi.

Lol we'll see where he'll end up. A talent of that calibre should have every single top club after him, especially for free. Where are the rumours? Why are Alemany, Laporta, Cruyff not opposing Xavi? Laporta was jizzing over Puig a year ago, not a single word now that he knows all about him.

Ask [MENTION=30079]Iniesta Ultra[/MENTION] about Puig becoming better than Xavi. I know it sounds like a joke, I thought so too, but it's a legitimate take from him.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Lol we'll see where he'll end up

Yeah we'll see. Perhaps you'll be "proven right" I don't see it as impossible, but I believe he'll be a success wherever he ends up.
It is strange though that 2 coaches in a row misused him and didn't trust him. Maybe there is something off the pitch, or he is very strangely playing much worse in training when there is no footage than in training when there is footage or in games.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah we'll see. Perhaps you'll be "proven right" I don't see it as impossible, but I believe he'll be a success wherever he ends up.
It is strange though that 2 coaches in a row misused him and didn't trust him. Maybe there is something off the pitch, or he is very strangely playing much worse in training when there is no footage than in training when there is footage or in games.

What do you think the chances are between coaches misusing him and him actually not being good enough? You 100% convinced this is a managerial mistake?

Bobo32

What do you think the chances are between coaches misusing him and him actually not being good enough? You 100% convinced this is a managerial mistake?

No of course not, as I have pointed out in many many posts in this thread, and also in the exact post you quoted.
I am 100% sure that he has shown in games a quality that is very good, sort of unique, that could be perfect for FC Barcelona. I am not agreeing with those arguing from the games we have seen and pointing towards his flaws, I am aware of the flaws he has shown in games and don't think they are anything to talk about very much (although I did talk about them very much).

Iniesta Ultra

Ask [MENTION=30079]Iniesta Ultra[/MENTION] about Puig becoming better than Xavi. I know it sounds like a joke, I thought so too, but it's a legitimate take from him.

I posted Xavi feared that, not it would inevitably happen if weren't discriminated against. Xavi's obviously more technically astute as a player but Puig is more Iniestaish in his creativity which is one of the rarest skills among elite athletes.

Joan

Love the song, Bobo! LC would be proud of your version.
Remember Ante Coric?

Was linked with some big sides like Manchester City, and many considered him a big up incoming talent. Got his move to Roma but ended up flopping big time and has been stuck in loan hell for years now.

I completely forgot about Coric. He's an even better example.

BerkeleyBernie

I dont think he is or was a WC talent for us, but I do know that for a long time whenever he was given playing time he actually played pretty well...especially when coming off the bench late in the match. I was surprised he didnt get more chances, but it's been the same with multiple coaches so it's either his attitude or he's been training poorly.

Or just doesn't fit the current system. Puig is a dynamic pass & move player, always seeking to create an extra man overload. You can see it in the Osasuna video posted above. Right after he plays those 1-2s with Alves on the right side of the pitch, a few seconds later he's over on the left wing providing the extra man outlet to keep the ball moving. That was the essence of Pep's Barca tactics, how he used Xavi. But if your tactics are to keep a static defensive shape and your team is weak offensively (not able to score enough goals to compensate for the occasional breakthrough goal by the opponent), then such dynamism is risky.

The goal right now is ensure CL place for next season, period. Xavi is playing conservative. As long as these score lines remain in danger of being a draw or loss, he's going to play conservative (boring) line-ups/tactics.

Honestly, I think Puig would perform better and create more than Ferran Torres right now, playing out of position. But Xavi is forced to play this expensive acquisition, no matter how poor.

iniestaGOAT

Graduated from la masia still has shit for brains on the field. There is no hope for him.

Not even betis etc will start him

mc_lovin

I just to try to make sense of that [MENTION=6450]BerkeleyBernie[/MENTION] fella.

Is he connected to Bobo/Iniesta Ultra/George?

MTL_Barca

Top 2 posters: vegitot, JamDav1982

At least one of them LOVED Puig in the beginning pages OTT thread, but most of the posts are them moaning sillily. However, Puig makes people feel!

Honestly it's really interesting. Don't think i've ever seen something like this where there is a player that has absolutely no relevancy for his team (and NT for that matter) at all for such a long time with different coaches while simultaneously gathering so much attention and dedicated hardcore fans.

Home of Barca Fans