Mavericky Puig

ajnotkeith

Pedri is THE breakout player in 2021.
Messi with a walker will win another balloon door this year
Jorginho is another trendy candidate
de Jong is arguably Barcelonas best player

It is disrespectful to compare Puig to Pedri, Jorginho or De Jong. Not only are all 3 better physically and especially the last 2 but crucially they are light years better in their skill. Nobody says you can't be small and good but when you have a very poor physique you must make it up with skill/speed. Puig does not, as far as we can see.

If Puig had the ability of any of those 3 it would be a different discussion.

Bobo32

It is disrespectful to compare Puig to Pedri, Jorginho or De Jong. Not only are all 3 better physically and especially the last 2 but crucially they are light years better in their skill. Nobody says you can't be small and good but when you have a very poor physique you must make it up with skill/speed. Puig does not, as far as we can see.

If Puig had the ability of any of those 3 it would be a different discussion.

Yes BBZ literally said so, read his post.
And talk for yourself, I think Puig is very good physically, but if he lacks anything there he more than makes up with it with his vision and technique.

Devils

So if this guy is so great, why doesn't he leave on loan until Koeman wraps up his time here?

Surely an ambitious quality player would want to show is worth and not sit in the stands for 2 years.

Bobo32

Because he knows deep down that he is beyond shit, and must keep playing golf with the president, attend zoom parties, and cook food on BarcaTV in order to be a professional.
Or he is a fan of the club and still feels he has support from the club (other than the coach).

I guess 1,5 years without full trust would be enough for you to leave anything regardless.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Because he knows deep down that he is beyond shit, and must keep playing golf with the president, attend zoom parties, and cook food on BarcaTV in order to be a professional.
Or he is a fan of the club and still feels he has support from the club (other than the coach).

I guess 1,5 years without full trust would be enough for you to leave anything regardless.

If he had any kind of ambition, 1,5 years without trust would be more than enough for him to want to leave on loan and prove his worth elsewhere.

Bobo32

Which elite-level player would spend 2 years on the bench anywhere with loan offers on the table?

Someone who is a bigger fan of the club than you, might.
I'm not that big of a fan of the club, I am not from the city or anything, didn't play for them or so. I expected him to leave this summer tbh, especially with Koeman staying and keeping mistreating him, but I cannot hold it against him that he stays.
I have not seen him moan one time or underperform when he was given trust, he is acting VERY professionally, respecting his contract, it seems to me.

ajnotkeith

Someone who is a bigger fan of the club than you, might.
I'm not that big of a fan of the club, I am not from the city or anything, didn't play for them or so. I expected him to leave this summer tbh, especially with Koeman staying and keeping mistreating him, but I cannot hold it against him that he stays.
I have not seen him moan one time or underperform when he was given trust, he is acting VERY professionally, respecting his contract, it seems to me.

So his aspiration is to start for the club regularly because he loves it? Right?

He's been told he is getting no minutes this season so don't you agree its better for him to go out, prove himself, add more to his game, and when he comes back with Koeman presumably gone he will be a better player for it?

Or do you mean he just enjoys living in Barcelona and enjoys his 'popularity'

If he enjoys riding the bench and not playing thats fine but at the same time people shouldn't jump to his defense like he's being wronged. He isn't helping to present his case to play for Barca.

Last edited:

Bobo32

So his aspiration is to start for the club regularly because he loves it? Right?

He's been told he is getting no minutes this season so don't you agree its better for him to go out, prove himself, add more to his game, and when he comes back with Koeman presumably gone he will be a better player for it?

Or do you mean he just enjoys living in Barcelona and enjoys his 'popularity'

If he enjoys riding the bench and not playing thats fine but at the same time people shouldn't jump to his defense like he's being wronged. He isn't helping to present his case to play for Barca.

I don't mean anything, I do not know which offers he had, what the club told him, or what his reasoning was.
I know he never seemed out of place when he played, and this is something that you feel as a player as well, he knows he can offer something.
As I said I expected him to leave, it looks logical, but he knows a lot more about the situation than I do.

JamDav1982

Nothing to do with being a 'fan of the club'.

None of the La Masia greats that have come through would accept getting to 22 and barely playing.

They would be taking their career in their own hands and going out to get football.

Most likely he loves the status and rather just be associated with the club than trying to prove himself on the pitch and with his families wealth there is not the financial incentive to improve career either.

Home of Barca Fans