Maxwell

E

Esteve

Definitely. He's done so well while Abidal has been out. Such an important assist tonight.

Olsend

I think Barca defo should stick with Maxi. He will be great replacement for aging Abidal. We already can see that Pep has trust in him, I think even Abidal coming back fully fit, Maxi still will get nice playing time.

zanela

I think Barca defo should stick with Maxi. He will be great replacement for aging Abidal. We already can see that Pep has trust in him, I think even Abidal coming back fully fit, Maxi still will get nice playing time.

The calamity brazilian 'll never be our first choice, I'll guarantee you that. If Pep rated him so much, Abi wouldn't 've been rushed back from injury for the Inter game. If there is even the slighest chance for Abi to play, he'll almost always start ahead of the C.brazilian.(except injuries, rested or CDR)
we'll be in the market for a first choice LB if the frenchie left us. The C.b 'll always be a bench warmer at our club. He is defensively awful and average going forward. Basically, he's neither as good as Alves in attack or solid like Abi in defense...Not quality to be our first choice. Doesn't offer much pace or strength on the ball, weak in the air and at defending setpieces, gets way too easily done for pace & his positioning is a suspect most of the times. The only thing he is a tad bit better than Abi is his interplay with his winger & crossing but the latter has shown improvement in that area this season. He is much better than the brazilian in everything else.
I hope Abi is back soon cause he offers a lot more solidity and balance to our backline which the C.B has so far failed to do so...one of the reasons our defense has looked a bit shaky recently apart from the mismatch CB pairing.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
The calamity brazilian 'll never be our first choice, I'll guarantee you that. If Pep rated him so much, Abi wouldn't 've been rushed back from injury for the Inter game. If there is even the slighest chance for Abi to play, he'll almost always start ahead of the C.brazilian.(except injuries, rested or CDR)
we'll be in the market for a first choice LB if the frenchie left us. The C.b 'll always be a bench warmer at our club. He is defensively awful and average going forward. Basically, he's neither as good as Alves in attack or solid like Abi in defense...Not quality to be our first choice. Doesn't offer much pace or strength on the ball, weak in the air and at defending setpieces, gets way too easily done for pace & his positioning is a suspect most of the times. The only thing he is a tad bit better than Abi is his interplay with his winger & crossing but the latter has shown improvement in that area this season. He is much better than the brazilian in everything else.
I hope Abi is back soon cause he offers a lot more solidity and balance to our backline which the C.B has so far failed to do so...one of the reasons our defense has looked a bit shaky recently apart from the mismatch CB pairing.

Your Blinded by dislike of the guy, Name one performance since Maxi where has been "calamity"
hes been nothing but solid..

I agree hes a back up atm... but hes been a very good one....

zanela

Your Blinded by dislike of the guy

Just because i don't rate him like some of you do, doesn't mean i dislike him.

Name one performance since Maxi where has been "calamity"

You want one - Tenerife(away)....and that's against one of the weakest sides in la liga.

hes been nothing but solid..

yep and i'm Scarlett Johansson

I agree hes a back up atm... but hes been a very good one....

He is backup but barca can afford a better backup.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Maxwell gets the job done.

The difference for me is mindstate.

Maxwell is reluctant to take on players more physical than himself and loses a step along the way.

Abidal is fearless and stronger. Looks more experienced and relaxed on defense. Lights out.

Still I'm happy with Maxy for his contributions so far.

jairzinho

the only good thing that came out of Abidal's injury is more playing time and experience for maxy. He's had lots of it since, and it has been good for him.

Olsend

Before Inter game Maxi barely used his shoes on a pitch, but since Abi is injured Maxi gave nothing less than Abi. And to add more Maxi is so static that you won't need to worry about his performances.

Abi --> Maxi, but criticizing Maxwell, especially in his current form run is just weird.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Pablo owned him, Marica owned him, Gebhart owned him and every decent winger had fun with him. However, he was better even from Alves offensively and deserves some praise..

Great sub for La Liga..not so great for CL...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Pablo owned him, Marica owned him, Gebhart owned him and every decent winger had fun with him. However, he was better even from Alves offensively and deserves some praise..

Great sub for La Liga..not so great for CL...

Thats a bit harsh im pretty sure he has been at fault for very very few gols to say someone owned someone is more like this

pedro owned maicon
messi owned valencia and zaragoza
we owned machester poonited

TheMessiShow

Yeah... I agree with dm. Maxwell has been performing well as of late and has done an admirably job covering for Abidal.
I still hope Abidal gets back soon, he was having a great season.

Anyways, our LB situation seems to be in pretty good shape until injury strikes anyways

Home of Barca Fans