Maxwell

DaniAlves

Hadn't he saved that one and it had been 2-3, the game would have been completely diffrent and very dangerous.. Well done!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was good there but he also left a big draft few times at the left side leaving Puyol to cover more space than he can handle.
Not fully satisfied.

Trequartista

The good
He was good there but he also left a big draft few times at the left side leaving Puyol to cover more space than he can handle.
Not fully satisfied.

I think Pep knows that everytime he chooses him,he leaves those gaps,Alves does the same on the right,he provides anotehr dimension than Abidal and thats why he is awesome,good match today

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Those two complete wrong passes (one long to Alves that reached or own corner flag and a short one instantly after that) were hilarious. Please clean your left shoe, Maxwell. :D

gingerless

maxwell was immense up front, couple of bad passes and i think one occasion where he was defending badly, but i was happy with his performance

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Actually I think he had quite below par match... It is quite hard to tell because the opposition was too weak, but I think if he plays like that against a top club, he's going to get skinned...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
maxwell hasen't been as good as last season in my opinion while abidal continues with stable performances. one thing that bothers me with maxwell is his horrible first touch and another thing is that always stands still when he receives a pass. sort of like ibrahimovic when he played for us although maxwell is a left wing back, so the reason why he should face the passer of the ball is not clear to me. people may say that 'maxwell is good offensively' but he really isen't that good offensively. i mean if you compare to marcelo, or patrice evra, or ashley cole who always dominate their wing.

but we're not doomed. luckily, we have bought a gem from sevilla. adriano was absolutely splendid today, as he was in the pre-season with us. he played and started a few matches in the season but was a defensive liability, but if he can work on his communication with his teammates i believe that he will turn out to be brilliant. his crosses are pinpoint, and i mean pinpoint. assisted messis goal today and owned his flank completely. had 2 very dangerous shots today and if the name of the panathinaikos keeper was not tzorvas, he could have been on the scoring sheet twice.

:adriano: :worthy:

edit: however, for 4 millions, and to be a backup player, maxwell is the sex.

gingerless

adriano wasn't that good defensively imo, maxwell is a little better.... and abidal just cleaned up his own mess the whole game

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A rare occasion when our left flank looked more dangerous than the right. It took Dani's injury this time to make it happen and even if Maxwell had just an average game it was still much better than Adriano's performance.

Home of Barca Fans