Mehdi Benatia

BenRobbins

No, not even close. It is an absolute shit paper you can use to wipe your arse with it and usually only very dumb and uneducated people read it as their daily newspaper, but when it comes to football and football transfers, even more when it concerns Bayern (Lahm and other players used to write a column once a week), they are VERY well informed. Sometimes it still turns out not to be true, but mostly because things didn't go well in the negotiations.
They don't "fabricate" news concerning transfers like sport etc. do.
They broke most Bayern transfers to the public.
A buddy of mine had an internship at SportBild and was surprised how well they work and how much effort they put on verifying their sources.

Ah fair enough! Well bayern have just made this weekend for me go from bad to absolutely dreadful! Not what i wanted to hear on a sunday morning

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ah fair enough! Well bayern have just made this weekend for me go from bad to absolutely dreadful! Not what i wanted to hear on a sunday morning

Well, I'm sorry, but take solace/hope from things not being final. Bayern have a habit of moving in quickly and get shit done, if they really need to, but then it could still go either way. It's not like the player doesn't have a say in this either.

Alarcón

Benatia won't be cheap. I'm surprised Bayern are in for him considering they are looking to renovate their stadium. No more debt-free Bayern on the horizon? I doubt it.

Bertus

Benatia won't be cheap. I'm surprised Bayern are in for him considering they are looking to renovate their stadium. No more debt-free Bayern on the horizon? I doubt it.
I don't think that spending even 50M on Benatia will cause them any problem.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

?
I'm not sure what you mean by "renovate".
The Allianz Arena is still one of the most modern stadiums on the planet. Bayern are merely looking to accomodate up to 5000 more fans during their matches. At the same time, they have a plus of 40 mio. in transfers thus far.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
?
I'm not sure what you mean by "renovate".
The Allianz Arena is still one of the most modern stadiums on the planet. Bayern are merely looking to accomodate up to 5000 more fans during their matches. At the same time, they have a plus of 40 mio. in transfers thus far.

Well said. Business-wise, Bayern are probably the best club in the world.

Alarcón

I don't think that spending even 50M on Benatia will cause them any problem.

Of course it won't cause them any problems, but it's not their style to pay that kind of money. I remember very well how they've all been saying for countless years that they won't make any crazy transfers like Barça or Madrid. 50M for a 27-yo defender seems pretty crazy to me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We paid our (at the time) record fee of 70 mil. for Ibra when Pep was here and gambled 25 mil. (big sum for a defender then) with Chygo
Anything can happen but undoubtedly Bavarians aren't as quick to please Pep as Catalans.

Howes

Manchester United seem to be out in front of this one, it seems Roma have lowered the asking price, and Utd are close to meeting it. This one will gather pace fast

CatalinR10

tumblr_mnmibmbroR1rkf2rso1_500.gif

Martindn

Manchester United seem to be out in front of this one, it seems Roma have lowered the asking price, and Utd are close to meeting it. This one will gather pace fast

Once bayern enters the race its game over, happens every time. We piss around over a few million and they just write the cheque.

Home of Barca Fans