Mehdi Benatia

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2 months ago Benatia was portrayed as a superman here by his fanboys and Mathieu was a clown.
Now we're not sure are we.

Mathieu is way better suited for us than Benatia.
Some might say Bayern play more like Barca so how's that possible.
But let's not forget some of Pep's blunder transfer decisions.

For the time being I can't see how anyone would rate Benatia having a better season than Mathieu.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is he better than Mathieu? Yes I would say so, more suited? He is as suited as Mathieu and I don't get it's Mathieu or him anyway?

Mathieu would have come to Barca anyway. If anything then Benatia or any other CB should have come in Vermaelen's place.

DrPepper

It wasn't impossible for us to get both Mathieu and Benatia. But instead we went for Vermaelen because he was "more suited" to Barca...

ScoobySquats

It wasn't impossible for us to get both Mathieu and Benatia. But instead we went for Vermaelen because he was "more suited" to Barca...

To be fair, Vermaelen is pretty good for me in Football Manager 2015. At 28 he's in the prime of his career and has yet to be injured for me

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It was a RC. The guy usually times his tackles very well, but that just went totally wrong.

Bertus

2 months ago Benatia was portrayed as a superman here by his fanboys and Mathieu was a clown.
Now we're not sure are we.

Mathieu is way better suited for us than Benatia.
Some might say Bayern play more like Barca so how's that possible.
But let's not forget some of Pep's blunder transfer decisions.

For the time being I can't see how anyone would rate Benatia having a better season than Mathieu.
Explain please.

What does this even mean.

Benatia is as good or better in everything, + he's younger.

I know it well. I followed Mathieu's career as I am french, and I followed Roma last season so I can at least make some comparisons. And even without that, stats wise, benatia is a beast.

edit: and I am not a mathieu hater. I defended him here and defended that transfer. But Benatia is better if people want to compare.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans