Mehdi Benatia

Trickykid

Typical doom and gloom attitude.

Two weeks out of the season people are wishing death on Zubi and want to quit watching Barca/Football over a transfer that's NOT even confirmed yet.

Honestly, you people need a sanity check more than transfer news.

Well said, buddy, well said.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think that for now, negotiations with other clubs are a peripheral matter in the Benatia situation. He and his agent are both becoming vocal about the issues with his contract and they have to deal with Roma first. I'm not sure if the club are even willing/capable of offering him more money because if they were, they wouldn't be low-balling him with the contract proposals and just proceed with the prior agreement they supposedly had about his salary raise after Roma reaching CL spots.

Di Marzio said that Sabatani will hold a press conference on Saturday, likely after some sort of resolution is found. That's when we'll know about Benatia's situation with Roma and what course of action they've decided to take. If they've allowed a transfer after that, then Benatia will really be on the market and rumors of negotiations might be of actual substance.

tikitaka

I don't think he will stay there any more. the club can sell him out with up to 40M against 13.5M they spent on him just last season, All this should tempt Roma to let him go instead of having to pay him higher salary.
the real question now is where he wants to go.

Galning

Two weeks out of the season people are wishing death on Zubi and want to quit watching Barca/Football over a transfer that's NOT even confirmed yet.

:yes:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wont be suprised if he renews IF Roma gives him the 4m he want. He said he loves it there at Roma, but being such a high profile target and only making just 2m while others clubs are offering him a raise could be very tempting.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Come to Barca Mehdi! We have everything you need :pep:

tumblr_mvu42uUHUw1sj9qlho1_400.gif

ammarfcb

ze special one
Come to Barca Mehdi! We have everything you need :pep:

yh, you'll be the only one back to defend and have 7 players run at you alone...then they will post about how its your fault u didn't #REK all 7 players running at u on barcaforum. every defenders dream.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Don't put me in the group with the people who say they want to quit watching football or wish Zubi dead if things don't turn out great. I agree that's obviously insane.

But I wish I shared your patience with Zubi and the board regarding transfers, I can't say I have much faith in them actually managing to make this transferwindow a success, their history of blunders makes that really hard. I really hope they can pull this off though. Getting Lucho, Stegen and Halilovic is a great start.

serghei

I think that for now, negotiations with other clubs are a peripheral matter in the Benatia situation. He and his agent are both becoming vocal about the issues with his contract and they have to deal with Roma first. I'm not sure if the club are even willing/capable of offering him more money because if they were, they wouldn't be low-balling him with the contract proposals and just proceed with the prior agreement they supposedly had about his salary raise after Roma reaching CL spots.

Di Marzio said that Sabatani will hold a press conference on Saturday, likely after some sort of resolution is found. That's when we'll know about Benatia's situation with Roma and what course of action they've decided to take. If they've allowed a transfer after that, then Benatia will really be on the market and rumors of negotiations might be of actual substance.

I've always said it's a bit odd if Roma wants to sell Benatia on their own, without having some problems with the player, because they're looking at CL football next season and a possible chance to Serie A title. Now, it seems that there are some problems with the player who wants more money, money that have been promised to him by the club in case he peforms great -- which he did btw.

I haven't read any news about Roma actually wanting to sell Mehdi Benatia so far. The only thing I've read is about how bad some top teams want him -- including Barca -- and how glad he'd be to play for a big club in Europe. That's not saying much.

serghei

yh, you'll be the only one back to defend and have 7 players run at you alone...then they will post about how its your fault u didn't #REK all 7 players running at u on barcaforum. every defenders dream.

The other teams are too scared to come at our defenders with 7 players, since most of those players are bunkered in their own half. What's sad is that teams can hurt us with 2-3 players. That's all you need to score against us these days. Or a set piece.

Butaan4barca

And then after one season, you will be offered to a mid table foreign club for exchanged deal for a new hit nike south american with a total value of the deal = an undisclosed legal amount + 15 million with you for that player. Every defenders dream 2.

ammarfcb

ze special one
30m + 2m if we win the league in 2 years + 8m for winning cl in the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans