Mehdi Benatia

JamDav1982

If only Benatia was Brazilian, Zubi would have bid 100m for him

How to destroy a great club and waste prime years of once in a generation set of players-written by Bartomeu, Villarubi, Faus and zubi

Previous board signed much more Brazilian players.... but keep up this strange angle if it makes you feel better.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Why the fuck are we being so cheap? We're supposed to have a 120m budget. I don't give a fuck if we overpay, we NEED to get Benatia. And it's not like we won't overpay for other CBs...
That doesn't make sense. The Gazzetta rumour is that Benatia has a deal with City, not that Roma has a deal with City. "Roma not keen to sell." Those two parties have yet to reach an agreement, apparently.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Roma not keen to sell unless City overpay. That's what it means actually.
Yep. So so far, Zubi has no real fault in this, he can't do anything about Benatia closing a deal with City. Unless it was about something like wages that City offer him but we don't.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yep. So so far, Zubi has no real fault in this, he can't do anything about Benatia closing a deal with City. Unless it was about something like wages that City offer him but we don't.

It's surely about the transfer fee, if anything, considering Man City are rumoured(Italy) to offer him 4m euros in wages per year.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
It's surely about the transfer fee, if anything, considering Man City are rumoured to offer him 4m im wages per year.
But his personal deal with City has nothing to do with the transfer fee, as apparently (according to those sources who report about the deal) City haven't even made a formal bid yet. To me it just seems like he wants to go to City, not necessarily us.

JamDav1982

Benatia is a good defender but people on here seem to be making out the club are missing out on the second coming of Nesta/Maldini.

People are massively over rating him if they are expecting the club to pay 40m for him and presumably about 200k a week at 27.

Let the oil rich clubs who want immediate success above anything else do that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But his personal deal with City has nothing to do with the transfer fee, as apparently (according to those sources who report about the deal) City haven't even made a formal bid yet. To me it just seems like he wants to go to City, not necessarily us.

It's been heavily rumoured that his agent met with the club. If his agent said that Roma would demand around 40m then I can see us backing out. And if we tell the agent that he's our 2nd choice, as rumoured again, then surely his agent would convey to his client that it's better to strike a deal with another team and then hope Roma will budge and sell him. It's all assumptions as of now though.

Crixus

I heard Roma will make a presser in the coming Saturday to talk about Benatia's situation , is there any truth in that .

Home of Barca Fans