Mehdi Benatia

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What was your bet? I seemed to have missed it.
3 Weeks ago I said that we'd announce a transfer within the week. Was plenty of rumours of that being the case. Forget that week and the one after, we only annonced a transfer two weeks later, So I had to don a nude Cristiano and Bale avatar for a week.

Alik

3 Weeks ago I said that we'd announce a transfer within the week. Was plenty of rumours of that being the case. Forget that week and the one after, we only annonced a transfer two weeks later, So I had to don a nude Cristiano and Bale avatar for a week.

Ah ok :lol: I thought you were using it ironically.

Tomchin

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 2m
Gazzetta: City target Mehdi Benatia has decided to leave Roma. City could face competition from Chelsea and Bayern. Roma want £28m-£32m.

Doubt that Roma would be willing for such a "low" price. Though if it's correct, it should be a no-brainer for Barca.

Kohe321

Gazzetta: City target Mehdi Benatia has decided to leave Roma. City could face competition from Chelsea and Bayern. Roma want £28m-£32m.

Doubt that Roma would be willing for such a "low" price. Though if it's correct, it should be a no-brainer for Barca.

We're busy scratching at Nassers door over at PSG for Marquinhos signature, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone else snapped up Benatia while we have our attention elsewhere. :(

Bertus

We're busy scratching at Nassers door over at PSG for Marquinhos signature, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone else snapped up Benatia while we have our attention elsewhere. :(

Exactly, barcelona is doing the same as what they did last year with TS.

No Plan B, it's success and lose everything.

I changed my bet since I have listened myself to that podcast with Blanc interview.

There was no hesitation. Blanc will never sell marquinhos this summer. It's more dead than dead. But Barcelona doesn't want to understand it.

Last edited:

Gaudi

Friend who follows Roma said to me that Benatia is good defender but slow...this is a problem if it's true

Gilberto

He's not the quickest but defo not slow
at least from what I have seen
and we cannot expect a tank like him to run 100m in 11 seconds.

Gaudi

PAce for CB is not crucial considering their size but Barca will always play with high defensive line, like it or not, no matter how good we play there will be some 1 on 1 situations so faster CB woul fits us.
For example I think in some defensive team like Chelsea Pique would look much better than he looks with us. he would clear balls and also sometimes with good technique took the ball to opposite half, with us we see him often cought in no man's land.

Galning

Yeah the rumoured fee is just wrong.

DonAK

I dont think Benatia is an option for us right now so unfortunately its just to forget him.

Cant wait to see him in Champions League.

Culeee

Benatia is definetily not slow. His pace actually used to make up for a lot of his errors when he first joined the NT back in 2008.

DonAK

How many fast and by that I mean real fast defenders are out there?

Benatia is not slow. He got decent pace and with his good positioning he'll be there to cut off an attack without the need of sprinting, he wont need to go 1 on 1 vs Bale all alone if the team dont fuck up collectively and almost every CB in the world would lose that battle anyway if left isolated.

Home of Barca Fans