Memphis Depay

Andresito

Staff member
We are putting way too much hope into him. He's a great Liga player but that's it. We're expecting the same from him that we expected from Neymar and Messi.

Against Bayern we'll definitely see how weak we are in attack at the moment. Ansu and Dembele can hopefully take some weight off Memphis' shoulders.

Marshall D Teach

People have been overrating Bayern to the moon and back since 2013. 2020 was the only year they didn't massively underperform expectations.

The hype is going to go into overdrive when they trash this sad wreck of a Barca team.

fergus90

This, excellent post. Finally a member on this forum who recognizes the weakness of Bayern.

Everyone recognises the weakness, we all know and see they play a very high-line and regularly concede a couple goals a game. Trouble is the know they have the ability to outscore teams pretty much every game and they knew Barca didn't have the legs or ability to trouble them too much last August and I can imagine they will think similar in a couple weeks.

Their backline with Upamecano has looked better than the Boateng-Alaba partnership too.

FinBarcelonafan

Who is going to exploit the high line from Barca? Braithwaite was our fastest player.

Nobody

That's why their weakness doesn't matter

Redbuck

Who is going to exploit the high line from Barca? Braithwaite was our fastest player.

Nobody

That's why their weakness doesn't matter

If Ansu and Dembele were available, I think they could give it a shot but sadly, they're not. I think we would go for a Demir (seems weird but Griezi is out, Dembele needs no explanation, and Braithwaite will be used as a striker)-Braithwaite-Depay attacking trio against Bayern.

FinBarcelonafan

If Ansu and Dembele were available, I think they could give it a shot but sadly, they're not. I think we would go for a Demir (seems weird but Griezi is out, Dembele needs no explanation, and Braithwaite will be used as a striker)-Braithwaite-Depay attacking trio against Bayern.

Braithwaite is available for the match? I thought he picked up an injury from the previous game.

We have to play him just because of his speed. They will press us to death.

Redbuck

Braithwaite is available for the match? I thought he picked up an injury from the previous game.

We have to play him just because of his speed. They will press us to death.

Yes, he did pick up an injury but it's not a major one. I don't have accurate information on this, but I think he will be available for the match.

Home of Barca Fans