Memphis Depay

CatalinR10

Relax, let's see how he performs against a team like Bayern. I think we're overrating him a tiny bit.

that's a bit unfair tho

Bayern trashed us 8-2 when we had both Messi and Suarez. If he has a shit game , i won't change my opinion on him. For a free transfer he's amazing and i hope he'll carry us this season.

FinBarcelonafan

Relax, let's see how he performs against a team like Bayern. I think we're overrating him a tiny bit.

No player has played well in big CL matches lately. Last good performance was Messi vs Liverpool.

And this is the worst Barca in years. You are expecting Depay to perform better than Prime Messi/Coutinho/Dembele/Griezmann with worse team. Not equal.

fergus90

On an individual level I expect he will cause Bayern plenty of headaches. However, and I don't want to overrate Bayern because no team is perfect and they also have their flaws, but their aggressive counter-pressing is absolute kryptonite for the likes of Busi and Pique who have seen better days.

I actually expect it to be more of the old guard that can't play their way out of an aggressive press anymore, to let the side down more than the likes of Depay who will realistically probably be our only real threat. Their defence has improved since last time too and Upamecano & Sule in it's early stages have struck up a good partnership. The good news is that their is 4 very winnable games between the Bayern fixture, so plenty of time to not hit panic stations and qualify from the group.

It would be nice for the team to at least show some nice spells of play though, especially as it's been pretty awful from an aesthetic point of view so far.

Devils

E-mZubXWUAIbO8a

SmilerBam

No one said that. He is realistically our only threat in attack until Ansu and Dembele return.

Someone before me outrightly compared with players he has no business to be compared with. He is our only threat because we are on Arsenal level rn. Also, the only danger Dembouz is posing is for himself, surely not the opposition team.

Home of Barca Fans