Memphis Depay

Messigician

Perhaps if we had depay against Liverpool instead of Dembmele, we would be cl winners that year. Some times all you need is to not have a donkey missing empty net sitters.

Bro don't even go there, Pique was about to score but Dembele ruined it

soul24rage

Perhaps if we had depay against Liverpool instead of Dembmele, we would be cl winners that year. Some times all you need is to not have a donkey missing empty net sitters.

imo, Depay would have performed the role that Coutinho had in the 18/19 season a lot better than Coutinho did. (This is not a knock on Coutinho as his best role was the one that Messi had as a false winger)

Bobo32

Yeah I too prefer Depay to Dembele, but that doesn't say much...
As I said before, Depay is a good player for a bad team but a bad player for a good team... But if he was there instead of Dembele I too think he'd have won a CL, so I agree he "can win a CL"
I still believe the signing was poor, let's see how this all plays out...

Messigician

I remember that day how could I forget.

Messi scored a sensational free kick, Herr Klopp laughing like a madman, United and City forums impressed how we managed to dismantle an unstoppable Liverpool. Liverpool go all out desperate for a away goal or they're surely out, then a moment to counter an open goal for Dembele! Surely! Not even testing the keeper... Messi falls to the ground in disbelief.

We hear Liverpool's best players are out for the second leg.... the squad being to post celebrations about a treble. Vidal is here Roma can't happen again, Coutinho will shine in Anfield. Messi magic! He promised us the champions league will return to the camp nou. And then heartbreak.

It is what it is

Messigician

I felt so shit that day man, I couldn't function. It was a true tragedy. A 3rd treble would have made us the club of the decade. I remember PSG and Real Madrid fans crying on their forums on what seems inetivable.

feggydinho

Are we really still doing this?? Blaming the easiest person (Dembele literally came in at 89 or 90 minutes) and didn't even play any minute in the 4 - 0 thrashing. We were so bad mentally that Liverpool would've scored 5 if they needed to. Funny how people tend to blame Dembele when we gave up a 3 - 0 lead.

Laplacian

Are we really still doing this?? Blaming the easiest person (Dembele literally came in at 89 or 90 minutes) and didn't even play any minute in the 4 - 0 thrashing. We were so bad mentally that Liverpool would've scored 5 if they needed to. Funny how people tend to blame Dembele when we gave up a 3 - 0 lead.

Wasn't the main reason we lost but he was a huge part of the problem, he's a prime example of us accepting a shitload of mediocrity in the team which is exactly what led to the loss. We had so many opportunities to revamp that fucking midfield, we had the money, far more interesting managers in the market were available and we stuck with mediocrity for so long for some god damn reason.

SmilerBam

'Champions League Winning Level Player' is a moronic term.

Some great players win that trophy some dont.

Smiler Bam mocked Baca signing him and folk thinking he would improve team now does his usual and flips it to 'not a CL winning player' whatever the fuck that means.

Loves a strawman argument to get away from previous arguments made.

Let's see how things will be in November, shall we? I have a pretty strong feeling i am right. And yes, i mock him. He's still a Villareal level player. That means he is a good player to very good. But not even close to world class. He just appears so good because we have only donkeys in attack at this moment. Because we are not much better than Villareal ourselves. If we are.

Birdy

Meanwhile, in this graphic we see how much more danger (xThreat, the new super-metric for analytics) Memphis' passes create compared to the rest of the team (data from the 1st game vs Sociedad):

E83FGikWYAIzTko

Kul_z

Meanwhile, in this graphic we see how much more danger (xThreat, the new super-metric for analytics) Memphis' passes create compared to the rest of the team (data from the 1st game vs Sociedad):

E83FGikWYAIzTko

Griezmann stats are astonishing. Not only his display suck, stats confirming that he brings nothing to attack, headless chicken

Home of Barca Fans